Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2022, 09:43 PM

3,275 posts, read 1,753,347 times

Advertisements

Face it Jake, you're a *******. One never NEVER EVER pranks a woman with what you did. Abandon all hope, walk off into the sunset and let this be a lesson to never screw with a woman's emotions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2022, 09:57 PM

21 posts, read 10,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
Face it Jake, you're a *******. One never NEVER EVER pranks a woman with what you did. Abandon all hope, walk off into the sunset and let this be a lesson to never screw with a woman's emotions.
I already know this and there isn't one day I wish I could go back in time and fix myself, be the mature man she would want.
I'm trying to be a better person, not just for her but for myself too.

Old 09-13-2022, 11:50 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegretfulJake View Post
Just a quick heads up on the issue:
She was talking to our mutual friend and her sister. I told them about the issue and took pictures of the ring and receipt. I told them to rely the message that I love her very much and sorry for hurting her in the past, that it would mean a lot if we can talk even if it's for a bit.

I was going to go to her house but I don't want to sound like a stalker nor get her further upset. I know this would work in Hollywood movies but the last thing I want is scaring her. I want to make her happy and feel secure with me.

She had to see the ring and receipt in order for her to know it's real. She's coming over tomorrow but has a lot to say. I'm prepared for whatever her reply is.
You want to propose marriage to a person about whom you just wrote the bolded. Is situational awareness just not a concept people care about anymore? Wow is all I can say.

Old 09-14-2022, 12:17 AM

880 posts, read 463,257 times
If you "really",,, wanted to marry her , then you must love her a lot , and she must love you a lot too or your as blind as a bat.
Soooo, fix it , find a way .
You may never love another again enough to want to marry her.

Old 09-14-2022, 05:19 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,683,507 times
OP, I just don’t see this working out. If I were in her situation, I wouldn’t want to marry you either. You can’t just improve for a couple of months and wash all of your previous behaviors away.

Old 09-14-2022, 09:09 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Good evening,

It's been a very long day today and while all is not lost, she couldn't accept the proposal yet. She admitted to overreacting on her part but really thought I was going to hurt her again like last time, had flashbacks and left. Finding out it was a real proposal and seeing the proof was the only reason she came back.

She's putting things on hold at this moment, wants me to keep the ring and ask again in a year from now. She'll make a final decision by then. If she's ready sooner, she'll tell me to ask again but for the meantime only refer to her as my gf.

She can't accept it now due to my past pranking history and carefree attitude. She pointed out that a month before the hurtful proposal prank that made her feel insecured in the relationship, I've made jokes about having Covid too (faking coughing) and acted inconsiderate towards others, had a history of sometimes being late to our dates, sometimes delay on paying some bills and doing things at the last minute even when I had enough time. Meanwhile I've stopped doing pranks and improving, she said I need to change more before she considers marriage. I admit, I was unpunctual with my last bill last month. Lastly, she doesn't really care about the ring nor the cost but thought my proposal was lame and it lacked creativity and enthusiasm, as if I wasn't even trying. She couldn't understand why I was creative with the fake proposal but couldn't do the same with the real proposal, put more effort into it.
I like her. Lots of constructive criticism. You know now exactly what to do - grow up, take care of your responsibilities. You have a whole year to prove that aka start doing it NOW and STAY that way. Be a man, not a kid. I promise you she will find you even more sexy if you act like a grown up.

I find the fake cough funny but the rest not so much. If you are overly funny aka pranking, it is just normal that some are just too much. Not everyone has your kind of humor. Apparently, she does not. My bf and I prank each other a lot and some are just not that funny or go too far for the other person and you have to realize that and be understanding.

Old 09-14-2022, 01:21 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,462,559 times
What up with you and pranks? They’re cruel. No one likes it. Cut it out immediately before you hurt someone again.

Maybe you should do some thinking about why you think it’s funny. See a therapist perhaps.

Old 09-14-2022, 02:31 PM

10,503 posts, read 7,048,799 times
Quote:
First of all I want to say that I regret living my life as a prankster in the past. I used to play pranks on everyone (including my family members) and on her too. Well 2 years ago, out of the many pranks I've played on her was a surprise marriage proposal prank with a fake, cheap ring. I know you'll probably going to say I'm the one of the most horrible person ever.

She really got hurt, we almost broke up and that was the end of my pranking days. I haven't played another prank ever since. I told her that the 2nd time will be for real and have been trying to make it up to her since. Well yesterday it was for real but she didn't believe me. She got upset, said it's over for pranking about it again and didn't let me explain it was real. She got in her car and drove away. I couldn't catch up to her. I can't even call her. She unfriended and blocked me. The only way for me to talk to her is to go to her house.

I'm really sorry for what I did before in the past. Will I win her back? I can show her it's for real this time. Any suggestions?

You realize this now, but I'll say it for the benefit of the studio audience: Pranks and practical jokes are nothing more than attempts to humiliate someone. Show me someone who likes practical jokes and I'll show you someone with a streak of cruelty.

Now that you've reformed your ways, now that you've realized the consequences of your past actions, it's time for you to have a heart-to-heart about what you've learned.

Old 09-15-2022, 04:41 PM

274 posts, read 155,865 times
Quote:
Good evening,

It's been a very long day today and while all is not lost, she couldn't accept the proposal yet. She admitted to overreacting on her part but really thought I was going to hurt her again like last time, had flashbacks and left. Finding out it was a real proposal and seeing the proof was the only reason she came back.

She's putting things on hold at this moment, wants me to keep the ring and ask again in a year from now. She'll make a final decision by then. If she's ready sooner, she'll tell me to ask again but for the meantime only refer to her as my gf.

She can't accept it now due to my past pranking history and carefree attitude. She pointed out that a month before the hurtful proposal prank that made her feel insecured in the relationship, I've made jokes about having Covid too (faking coughing) and acted inconsiderate towards others, had a history of sometimes being late to our dates, sometimes delay on paying some bills and doing things at the last minute even when I had enough time. Meanwhile I've stopped doing pranks and improving, she said I need to change more before she considers marriage. I admit, I was unpunctual with my last bill last month. Lastly, she doesn't really care about the ring nor the cost but thought my proposal was lame and it lacked creativity and enthusiasm, as if I wasn't even trying. She couldn't understand why I was creative with the fake proposal but couldn't do the same with the real proposal, put more effort into it.

Old 09-15-2022, 05:19 PM

860 posts, read 1,338,900 times
Quote:
Good evening,

I hate to say this but I’m pretty sure she never wanted to get married to you or maybe not at all. The whole thing could have been a dramatic excuse. If she was that hurt, trust me, she was feeling that all the time since that last prank. So either she is a masochist or you are paying her bills or something. I don’t get the feeling that she is ever going to say yes. Pulling in all of these other unrelated issues she has with you just sounds like she is seeing an opportunity to control you and wants to see what she can get out of you. Be careful that you don’t compromise your values too much - if she is doing what I think she is doing, she will make you a husk and still not marry you. She just comes off as hinky, or maybe it’s just that my husband and I are not the type to try to change each other to suit ourselves. Good luck! I do hope it all works out for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships