Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2022, 05:39 PM

555 posts, read 348,356 times

Advertisements

Sending her flowers would be a nice thing to do.

She said wait a year and then you could ask again. Sounds like that may be coming from her parents.

I was with someone for years that use to play pranks no one really thought they were that funny except him. One time a prank was played on him and he was shocked and didn't think it was very funny. I couldn't stop laughing mainly because it was a prank he use to do. Not so much anymore once it was played on him.

If you two are meant to be then it will work out, if not then you go your own ways.

Last edited by bellamax2; 09-15-2022 at 06:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2022, 06:02 PM

9,155 posts, read 6,202,297 times
The whole object of a "prank" is to make the other person feel like a fool. Everyone else laughs.

I don't understand the point of it. And to say that you dedicated all your energies into pranks, is unbelievable.

"When I was a prankster, I used to put effort on my pranks but if there was no joke, I put no effort."

You're still not ready to get married. Finish growing up and then find a woman (or man) whom you can treat with respect, not ridicule.

Old 09-15-2022, 11:07 PM

21 posts, read 10,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
You realize this now, but I'll say it for the benefit of the studio audience: Pranks and practical jokes are nothing more than attempts to humiliate someone. Show me someone who likes practical jokes and I'll show you someone with a streak of cruelty.

Now that you've reformed your ways, now that you've realized the consequences of your past actions, it's time for you to have a heart-to-heart about what you've learned.
Yes, I'm sorry for ever making her feel insecured and causing damage in the relationship. I hope for the best but if she ends up leaving, there is nothing I can do anymore.

Old 09-15-2022, 11:11 PM

This upset several of you and I got called out from the looks of it. It's ok. My best friends (males) did that too. They were also upset with what I did. I deserved it. Even one of my friends who is against marriage wouldn't do what I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellamax2 View Post
Sending her flowers would be a nice thing to do.

She said wait a year and then you could ask again. Sounds like that may be coming from her parents.

I was with someone for years that use to play pranks no one really thought they were that funny except him. One time a prank was played on him and he was shocked and didn't think it was very funny. I couldn't stop laughing mainly because it was a prank he use to do. Not so much anymore once it was played on him.

If you two are meant to be then it will work out, if not then you go your own ways.
I hope for the best and that one day we can look past this. I guess only time will tell. It would be the world to me if she would say yes one day but it's ok if she wants to take her time. I'm ready whenever she is.

Last edited by RegretfulJake; 09-16-2022 at 12:01 AM..

Old 09-16-2022, 06:01 AM

127 posts, read 43,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegretfulJake View Post
First of all I want to say that I regret living my life as a prankster in the past. I used to play pranks on everyone (including my family members) and on her too. Well 2 years ago, out of the many pranks I've played on her was a surprise marriage proposal prank with a fake, cheap ring. I know you'll probably going to say I'm the one of the most horrible person ever.

She really got hurt, we almost broke up and that was the end of my pranking days. I haven't played another prank ever since. I told her that the 2nd time will be for real and have been trying to make it up to her since. Well yesterday it was for real but she didn't believe me. She got upset, said it's over for pranking about it again and didn't let me explain it was real. She got in her car and drove away. I couldn't catch up to her. I can't even call her. She unfriended and blocked me. The only way for me to talk to her is to go to her house.

I'm really sorry for what I did before in the past. Will I win her back? I can show her it's for real this time. Any suggestions?
Your presentation of the proposal is what made it look unserious to her. Considering the fact that you've pranked her with such before, the proceeding words would have given her clues whether the proposal is real or not. And I don't think you used the right words to give her the assurance that you truly wanna be with her.

Old 09-16-2022, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadyclem View Post
Your presentation of the proposal is what made it look unserious to her. Considering the fact that you've pranked her with such before, the proceeding words would have given her clues whether the proposal is real or not. And I don't think you used the right words to give her the assurance that you truly wanna be with her.
I'm agreeing on that one. She said all that creativity, effort, a lot more wording, the rose petals on the floor and over the top romantic surprise scene used on the prank should've been done on the real proposal. She said the fake one looked real while the real one looked as lame as if saying ''Look, I just won the lottery and I'm happy'' , too straight forward without any real enthusiasm at all.

This is basically how the real one went like:
As we were talking and walking in the park, I pulled out the ring box and said
''It's been 4 great years. Will you marry me my love''.

Hopefully things work out. If and when she's ready, I'll make it very special and unique.

Old 09-16-2022, 10:14 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
That's actually what you said? It hasn't been a great 4 years. You've been trying to rebuild trust for two years after a betrayal. You didn't acknowledge that hardship (or your role in it) at all.

Old 09-16-2022, 10:16 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
Yeah, no. People don't talk like that in real life.

Old 09-16-2022, 10:39 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,514,642 times
This story doesn’t sound real. I don’t know why she’d even stay your girlfriend all this time, since she doesn’t trust you.

Old 09-16-2022, 11:31 AM

555 posts, read 348,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
This story doesn’t sound real. I don’t know why she’d even stay your girlfriend all this time, since she doesn’t trust you.
Maybe she thought he would mature a little more by now.

OP - several posts mention you may not be ready for marriage and therapy was suggested. It may help you grow and mature to find out why there's been this need for pranks and attention seeking behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships