Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2022, 10:15 PM

21 posts, read 10,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
This is such a mess. You assumed things had worked out and you were forgiven without ever actually working things out together and having her explicitly forgive you? That's not how any of this works. Why she's stuck around in the intervening years is kind of a mystery, here.
Yes I assumed things were worked out because it wasn't mentioned after a while. I thought she was happy again, that she was ok in the relationship. Unless there were signs she was still hurt and it can be hard reading them.
It's good she told me everything that's been bothering her ever since the terrible prank.

I think I know the answer to her question of why I was very elaborated and creative on the fake proposal but couldn't do the same with my real proposal. The prank proposal wasn't really my own creativity nor words. I also copied the presentation from someone else's video. I had practically memorized most of the script from several videos. I had practiced it in front of the mirror several times till getting it right. My real proposal is my original self and how I feel without a script to follow, I love her and she's the love of my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2022, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlvs2run View Post
Rectify these immediately on a permanent basis and your chances will be better.
Thank you. I will.

Old 09-16-2022, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Honest question. Are you on the spectrum?
If I was wouldn't a diagnose had been made long ago at school? I still graduated from college with a good 3.6 GPA, have friends, work full time as a supervisor, own a house and do normal functions.

Old 09-17-2022, 08:54 PM

6,822 posts, read 11,553,688 times
OP - i hate to break it to you but most of the “pranks” on YouTube are staged. Few if any guys are actually doing fake proposals. I cannot imagine the cruelty of doing such a thing. In my younger days, I put up with a lot of crap from guys but if somebody had done that to me I would have dropped him like a hot potato and never spoken to him again.

Old 09-18-2022, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
OP - i hate to break it to you but most of the “pranks” on YouTube are staged. Few if any guys are actually doing fake proposals. I cannot imagine the cruelty of doing such a thing. In my younger days, I put up with a lot of crap from guys but if somebody had done that to me I would have dropped him like a hot potato and never spoken to him again.
I've learnt the hard way; being distrusted and not believed when it was real until she saw the receipt.
As a fresh start, we're going out on a date tomorrow. I'll never be late again on anything. I'm working on proving her I can be the man she would've said yes. I'm ready whenever she is. I would mean a lot just to hear her say yes to me again (her first yes on the horrible prank) on my real proposal. I really hope we can one day get past this.

Old 09-18-2022, 11:23 AM

6,454 posts, read 9,820,589 times
Practical jokes are only funny if you make yourself the butt of the joke. Laugh at yourself and let others laugh with you.

Old 09-18-2022, 01:52 PM

555 posts, read 348,356 times
OP - It sounds like you may need the one to get past this and move on. Let her move on as well. Maybe that's why this prank happened so you can both go your own ways.

Sounds like marriage is the last thing to think about, may be better to take time and work with a counselor and find out what is going on with you.

Last edited by bellamax2; 09-18-2022 at 02:40 PM..

Old 09-18-2022, 03:36 PM

13,286 posts, read 8,463,474 times
Two years from last you made a faux pas.
Dang that lady can hold a grudge.

Step back , both of you.

Stop groveling. You stated your regret back then. If she wishes to keep it in her arsenal, that's on her. I just wouldn't sit by to watch her toss a few guilt comments your way.

Old 09-18-2022, 11:06 PM

The date went good and she preferred going to the park to talk about things than going to the movies. I lost track of how many times I've expressed remorse and apologized for my past actions by now. I meant it all from the heart. Once she was done stating her views, I let her know that I'm there for her and to give me this chance to start again, to show her I can be the trustful, realiable, mature man. Like mentioned, for now she just wants me to refer to her as my gf, said he still loves me but wants to feel secure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post

Step back , both of you.

Stop groveling. You stated your regret back then. If she wishes to keep it in her arsenal, that's on her. I just wouldn't sit by to watch her toss a few guilt comments your way.
It was really all my fault. The distrust, her hesitation and my proposal getting put on hold are all consequences of how I had behaved in the past. I don't blame her one bit, none.

Old 09-19-2022, 05:22 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,683,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post

Step back , both of you.

I think most people would argue that an elaborate fake proposal is more than a “faux pas” and is a cruel thing to do to someone. It also seems like he is still not paying his bills on time, so that could continue to be a legitimate issue. He may just need to let this woman go, straighten up his life, and start fresh with someone else without the pranks and other nonsense like being late, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships