Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2022, 06:19 AM

50,382 posts, read 64,021,617 times

Advertisements

Does the 27 year old want to get married? If so, you need to be honest. You are not ready to settle on one woman, and she needs to know that, so she doesn’t waste her time with you.

You go be George Clooney, and hope you don’t have regrets about the one that got away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2022, 06:19 AM

899 posts, read 672,681 times
At 20 years old, the younger one isn't fully grown yet. By that I mean that she's still deciding what she wants out of life and all. That's fine for a short-term relationship but the long-term is more important IMO.

Tim Allen said that when you get married, you should put a jar next to your bed. Every time you have sex, put in a penny. Do that for one year. After that first year, every time you have sex you should take a penny out. You will never empty the jar.

Tim Allen said it but I don't know if he made it up. That's just where I heard it. But that sounds about right. Lust can run hot for even a year, maybe, but then it becomes common, few surprises, routine, not nearly as exciting as it was initially. You can spice it up now and then but really, you still have several hours of the day to fill. If sex is the main thing, the relationship won't last. Sometimes that's fine. If you're looking for long term though, keep it in mind.

Old 09-22-2022, 06:47 AM

3,024 posts, read 2,243,004 times
Cool story, bro.

Old 09-22-2022, 06:49 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,477,856 times
Considering that we just had a thread dozens of pages long about the morality of an older person dating a 20 year old the timing of this thread is suspicious. Nonetheless, even if just a creative writing exercise, this story is a good example of one of the pitfalls of promiscuity for people of either gender. An otherwise excellent match becomes boring because it gets compared to some sport sex you had in your wild phase and found wanting. You should try to be an adult about it in a scenario like this, and either let your current partner go out of respect or find a way to live discretely with the ghosts of hookups past that will always haunt your bedroom. Perhaps an exorcism would help.

Old 09-22-2022, 07:43 AM

5,656 posts, read 3,160,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
Let’s see…you’re ready to throw away a relationship with a woman who is seemingly perfect for a romp in the hay with a 20 year old you admit you know little about except she gets your motor running. You deserve what you get.
You CAN control your urges you know. I guess the question is...will you? And clearly, you're waffling. That's a shame. Seemed like you had a good thing going with the other lady. Well, like Okey Dokie said, you deserve what you get.

Old 09-22-2022, 07:50 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Is this a guy thing? Because as a woman I can't relate. You find love and compatibility, but can't stop thinking about someone else who's "better" in bed? I mean, what makes her "better"? I would think sex would be "better" with someone you are in love with but what do I know? Men are mysterious yet simple creatures.

Old 09-22-2022, 08:08 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,477,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Is this a guy thing? Because as a woman I can't relate. You find love and compatibility, but can't stop thinking about someone else who's "better" in bed? I mean, what makes her "better"? I would think sex would be "better" with someone you are in love with but what do I know? Men are mysterious yet simple creatures.

There are many women out there who have ruined an otherwise good relationship for another guy just because he was great in bed. I think you meant to say "as zentropa I can't relate" instead of "as a woman". And yes...people, not just men, can be simple creatures.

Old 09-22-2022, 08:21 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
I don't know, I guess I would advise is to think on how you would feel if you moved ahead, broke up with your GF, resumed the sexual relationship, and after a month how would you feel? The 20 year old will get a BF of her own at some point.

If you are comfortable with envisioning the above, then break up, you may not be ready for an actual relationship. There is nothing wrong with that, and you can't stay in a relationship you aren't really into.

You may want to get some counseling so you know WHY your emotions are kinda going in a direction you do not want (if that is the case).
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-22-2022, 09:27 AM

6,822 posts, read 11,553,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
……..some sport sex…….
Sport sex, indeed. Perfect!

Old 09-22-2022, 09:50 AM

2,979 posts, read 1,650,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
Sport sex, indeed. Perfect!
Some people need a period of sport sex in their life.

Especially after a divorce.

The OP sounds like he does.

(...speaking from experience...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships