Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2022, 09:54 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
There are many women out there who have ruined an otherwise good relationship for another guy just because he was great in bed. I think you meant to say "as zentropa I can't relate" instead of "as a woman". And yes...people, not just men, can be simple creatures.
I don’t understand: “Women have ruined a relationship for another guy because he was great in bed” which one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2022, 10:21 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Is this a guy thing? Because as a woman I can't relate. You find love and compatibility, but can't stop thinking about someone else who's "better" in bed? I mean, what makes her "better"? I would think sex would be "better" with someone you are in love with but what do I know? Men are mysterious yet simple creatures.
As a woman, I can relate. Of course sex is better/worse with different people, unrelated to love.

Old 09-22-2022, 10:24 AM

5,656 posts, read 3,160,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I don’t understand: “Women have ruined a relationship for another guy because he was great in bed” which one?
"There are many women out there who have ruined an otherwise good relationship for another guy just because he was great in bed"

I think he meant that there are women who have ruined good relationships with good men, just so they could have great sex (or just plain have sex) with someone else, outside the relationship.

And he's not wrong. There are women out there, who are as silly and thoughtless and immature as this guy seems to be, who have thrown it all away for a good lay.

Old 09-22-2022, 10:31 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
"There are many women out there who have ruined an otherwise good relationship for another guy just because he was great in bed"

I think he meant that there are women who have ruined good relationships with good men, just so they could have great sex (or just plain have sex) with someone else, outside the relationship.

And he's not wrong. There are women out there, who are as silly and thoughtless and immature as this guy seems to be, who have thrown it all away for a good lay.
Ok thanks, I get confused when somebody starts off with “what you meant to say”, when I understood what she was trying to say in the first place.

And also, I think we had a thread here before where women were talking about yeah, they remember “that one guy”… that doesn’t mean we end up having a relationship with him, or leaving a relationship for him. Some men are better in bed as well but not good for a LTR.

Old 09-22-2022, 10:50 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
I can't believe you're about to mess up the best thing that's ever happened to you, and that others are advising you to do exactly that! However, one person raised a good point: you've never mentioned in your description of your ideal partner, the current one, whether you love her. You've only said she checks all the boxes.

OP, have you ever loved anyone? Have you ever been in love? Are you in love now, or did you just happen to score a really cool, beautiful woman to date?

My guess is, that you're too immature for the relationship you're in. But I also think (since you mentioned you don't know who to talk to about it), you should get some counseling from a professional. Maybe a therapist can help you get your head screwed on right. I think you should at least try that, in case it works, before you just walk away from the best thing that's ever happened to you. If you walk away, chasing after a cheap thrill, you'll have to face the next 10-20 years looking for another LTR-worthy partner. The chances of you finding that are pretty slim, unless you mature enough in the meantime to realize that it's not so much about looks, but about character. At the moment, you seem to have both all rolled into one. The chances of your finding that again are virtually nil. Think about that.

And your future search for a serious partner will be forever colored by memories of your current partner. You'll compare all future dates with her: no one will be as beautiful as her, as generous, as spontaneously thoughtful of you, blah blah. Unless, again, you gain a lot of maturity and wisdom. But still, you'll be beating yourself up over "the one that got away". The one you threw away.

Oh and btw, that 20-year-old is no longer 20. You realize that, don't you? I don't know why everyone else here is referring to her as a 20-year-old. Take the number of yrs that have passed since you last saw her, and add those to 20. That's her current age. Basic math, OP.

Sheesh.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 09-22-2022 at 11:01 AM..

Old 09-22-2022, 11:04 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,477,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Ok thanks, I get confused when somebody starts off with “what you meant to say”, when I understood what she was trying to say in the first place.

And also, I think we had a thread here before where women were talking about yeah, they remember “that one guy”… that doesn’t mean we end up having a relationship with him, or leaving a relationship for him. Some men are better in bed as well but not good for a LTR.
I remember that thread, and in it I made the point that the healthiest relationships will be the ones where the woman did end up with "that guy", and if your long term partner isn't that guy, or at least one of those guys on your short list, it can lead to an unhealthy dynamic in the relationship. I got agreement from some of the ladies in that thread, both in the comments and as rep points comments.

The situation presented in this thread hits on the same dynamic with the genders reversed.

Old 09-22-2022, 11:05 AM

32,663 posts, read 48,079,532 times
No problem. Tell your current girlfriend that it is time that you both start seeing other people. You should not stay in any relationship where you are not happy. Go bang your wild child until she moves on to someone else.

Your current girlfriend sounds like a prize and there will be some other man who has more sense than you do who will snatch her up and hang onto to her for all he is worth, treating her well and appreciating what he's got. In the meantime, she most certainly deserves better than you.

Old 09-22-2022, 11:06 AM

2,979 posts, read 1,650,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I can't believe you're about to mess up the best thing that's ever happened to you, and that others are advising you to do exactly that! However, one person raised a good point: you've never mentioned in your description of your ideal partner, the current one, whether you love her. You've only said she checks all the boxes.

OP, have you ever loved anyone? Have you ever been in love? Are you in love now, or did you just happen to score a really cool, beautiful woman to date?

My guess is, that you're too immature for the relationship you're in. But I also think (since you mentioned you don't know who to talk to about it), you should get some counseling from a professional. Maybe a therapist can help you get your head screwed on right. I think you should at least try that, in case it works, before you just walk away from the best thing that's ever happened to you. If you walk away, chasing after a cheap thrill, you'll have to face the next 10-20 years looking for another LTR-worthy partner. The chances of you finding that are pretty slim, unless you mature enough in the meantime to realize that it's not so much about looks, but about character. At the moment, you seem to have both all rolled into one. The chances of your finding that again are virtually nil. Think about that.

And your future search for a serious partner will be forever colored by memories of your current partner. You'll compare all future dates with her: no one will be as beautiful as her, as generous, as spontaneously thoughtful of you, blah blah. Unless, again, you gain a lot of maturity and wisdom. But still, you'll be beating yourself up over "the one that got away". The one you threw away.

Oh and btw, that 20-year-old is no longer 20. You realize that, don't you? I don't know why everyone else here is referring to her as a 20-year-old. Take the number of yrs that have passed since you last saw her, and add those to 20. That's her current age. Basic math, OP.

Sheesh.
Nil?

Nah, relationships aren't that hard to find.

He's got his whole life ahead of him.

And if he's hound dogging after the younger woman (you're right about her current age) it's a clear sign he's not ready to settle down yet.

Women come easily to some men, sounds like OP is one of them.

He's got his whole life ahead of him.

Old 09-22-2022, 11:07 AM

5,656 posts, read 3,160,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

And your future search for a serious partner will be forever colored by memories of your current partner. You'll compare all future dates with her: no one will be as beautiful as her, as generous, as spontaneously thoughtful of you, blah blah. Unless, again, you gain a lot of maturity. But still, you'll be beating yourself up over "the one that got away". The one you threw away.

Sheesh.
Well, we don't really know that. She might've been 19 when he first met her, and she's 20 now.

But also, if she's not 20 anymore...she's 21.

He got divorced in January of 2021. Took a couple of months to do some deep thinking...so that takes him up to Feb, or March maybe April of 21...and then he has a series of hookups, wherein, he meets the younger girl. Soooo, this was all around April.

THEN in March of 2022, he meets the 27 year old.

So the younger woman is either 20 or 21.

Old 09-22-2022, 11:09 AM

4,031 posts, read 3,310,131 times
I don't think it is that unusual to be dating one woman and feel a spark of attraction for someone else. But most functional adults, can recognize when they have a pretty good thing going and don't want to screw that up either.

So this does seem like a maturity problem where you just aren't that well sorted out yourself. The search process to find a really good match generally is fairly arduous. I always thought that search process though tended to make us more loyal once we have finally found a good match because who wants to invest all of that time trying to find someone equally good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships