Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2022, 09:42 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If my mate said to me "I don't think I'll want someone who's lazy to be the mother of my children" when I had nearly finished a medical science degree and apparently did well enough to get into a PhD program and who believes cooking and cleaning is what makes a mother, I would be out the door.

OP do you want her to finish her degree and work in a good career or do you want her to be a SAHM. If it is the latter, why is she even going to college?
So much truth.

And this circles back to my earlier post - they aren't matched well to each other. They need to rip off the bandaid now. They both are still young enough to find partners better suited to their respective values and goals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2022, 10:24 PM

696 posts, read 704,247 times
The poor woman.

Old 10-15-2022, 02:27 AM

61,744 posts, read 87,194,708 times
OP never came back and didn't read all that....

Old 10-17-2022, 09:40 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
So much truth.

And this circles back to my earlier post - they aren't matched well to each other. They need to rip off the bandaid now. They both are still young enough to find partners better suited to their respective values and goals.
Yes, before they have children.

Old 10-23-2022, 06:35 PM

709 posts, read 578,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
OP never came back and didn't read all that....
Or he did, and didn't like the advise or POV and split the scene!

Old 10-23-2022, 07:13 PM

13,765 posts, read 8,014,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousCove View Post
My wife and I are in a dilemma, She's very unhappy with her life.
Every morning we wake up and go running. I practically have to drag her out of bed to get her to
come along. Her mood becomes better as we warm up and by the end she's much happier. I try to
make it fun with interval sprints.

Afterwards I go to work and she goes to university. She's a high achiever, in her final year of her
medical sciences degree. Given her grades, she'll most likely be eligible for entry in her phD. She
also hates studying. I need to constantly be on top of her to get everything done. She hates how I
push her constantly.

I also have my own work. On top of that I have to constantly butt heads with her to make sure she
doesn't self-sabotage. She's always complaining and it honestly makes me sad with what I'm doing
with my life. I want her to be happy. I really do. But I don't think I'll want someone who's lazy to be
the mother of my children
. If she's so upset about these things (she also hates cooking and cleaning
despite my mum doing most of the work) then how will she fare as a mother?

The way I see it, if she's going to be lazy it'll make me immeasurably miserable. If we stay together
and continue as is, she'll be unhappy.

If we part ways, it'll hurt her a lot. I did briefly suggest something remotely in this regards and she
broke down. I don't know what to do
How long have you been married? Assuming the marriage can be saved marriage counseling is needed.

Be thankful there are no children involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousCove View Post
If we part ways, it'll hurt her a lot. I did briefly suggest something remotely in this regards and she broke down.
This doesn't jive with the first part of your story.

In any event good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships