Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 04:16 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times

Advertisements

That is what I call treating people like they are sex-machines or givers of foreplay.....people should not treat others like that at all.

There is a guy that works at the grocery store that always looks deep into my eyes, smiles, and looks me up and down. I think it is annoying because I don't know what his intentions are.....but I can guess he wants a hook up LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Back in NYC in the day I saw lots of guys hitting on women on the street. It ranged from a whistle or an air-kiss to actually stepping in front of them and blocking their way.

To me, that's low class. But that's just my opinion. Even though I was on the streets every day and saw plenty of gorgeous women I confined my pick-up attempts to, as Artsy said, those that gave a positive go-ahead sign.

Besides, I never could make those lip-smacking sounds without feeling like a jerk...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 04:18 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Well, I did once have someone knock on my door and ask to use my phone. I didn't have one, but I had 50 cents for the pay phone right out front.

Then she wanted to come in. Then she wanted sex. Then I woke up.

Yeah, thought it was a dream. It wasn't, I was still wearing the condom she put on me...and I didn't have any of those in the house!

Old 06-22-2008, 06:46 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,618 times
Quote:
You dog, you!

Do you offer tutoring?

there are books out there! I read them and started practicing
I wanted to communicate better. I found out that only about 15 percent of communication is verbal! That women are much better at it then men, and a man who tries to at least bring himself up to speed with women is way ahead of the pack of neanderthals.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:55 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by total_genius View Post
I was walking through a shopping mall and observed a very professional attractive African American Women was making her way through the store and a African American Man who looked like a Hip Hip Artist went up the women and said, "you are fine looking" "I want to date you" The women seemed like she had seen this all before and quickly dispatched the man who did not seem to be of the same style or social class she was.

It did make me think though because it had been a long time since I have seen someone attempt to pick someone up in a public place. In an era of video dating, speed dating, singles parties and Internet personals, it seems like the old fashioned pick up attempt is dead. Ame I wrong?

Has someone attempted to puck you up and do you think it is more common in certain ethnic groups like african americans?
I usually pick them up in pairs and just cut to the chase.

[img]http://******************/obscene-smiley-7299.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2008, 07:39 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahutch View Post
...Sure, you may be there to dance and have a few drinks, but in most cases (not all) you are also there to meet someone or hook up or something. That's part of the club scene....
Yeah, that's why I stopped going. I just wanted to go dancing with my girlfriends but it was becoming increasingly apparent that most of the blokes seemed to think I was only there because I was just waiting for them to come along and change my life!

Old 06-22-2008, 08:08 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Do people have any luck trying to "pick people up on the street" anymore?
Hmm... the last time I tried to pick up somebody on the street, she turned to be an under-cover cop!

I'm just kidding.

Times have changed, but meeting somebody in a mall or at a restaurant can still happen.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:10 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post

there are books out there! I read them and started practicing
I wanted to communicate better. I found out that only about 15 percent of communication is verbal! That women are much better at it then men, and a man who tries to at least bring himself up to speed with women is way ahead of the pack of neanderthals.
*walks sadly away with his sloping forehead and dragging knuckles*

Old 06-22-2008, 08:15 PM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
*walks sadly away with his sloping forehead and dragging knuckles*
That was a good one. LOL

Old 06-22-2008, 08:44 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Yeah, that's why I stopped going. I just wanted to go dancing with my girlfriends but it was becoming increasingly apparent that most of the blokes seemed to think I was only there because I was just waiting for them to come along and change my life!
You mean this kind of dancing doesn't turn you on?

Old 06-22-2008, 08:45 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
And that's why my girlfriends, sisters and I used to go out dancing on Sunday nights... because it was gay night at our favorite dance club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships