Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 05:11 PM

681 posts, read 2,878,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You know what I wonder about, NWPAguy... Since you have a Kodak life and a Kodak marriage, what exactly makes this forum interesting for you?
Would you believe I stumbled upon it?

My life isn't quite of Kodak caliber... but we're working on that. Sometimes, doing the right thing must be its own reward, because the true payoff doesn't necessarily come until later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 05:18 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,175,792 times
Nice of you to compare gays to drug addicts, prostitutes and criminals.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:18 PM

242 posts, read 193,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Nodixie, you aren't going to offend a secure, rational man unless you initiate some sort of "non-male bonding" physical contact. You will offend Joe Sixpack no matter what. You can't change a devout redneck's mind no matter how wrong he is. You're not stuck, you just don't need redneck BS in your life. You'll know if you're talking to someone reasonable right away, just don't have unrealistic expectations.
I guess it's the whole process of finding out whether or not a guy is secure and reasonable that deters me. You just don't know what to expect from guys. You see the way women, regardless of sexuality, gather around lesbians such as Ellen Degeneres and are, for the most part, at ease around her. When it comes to guys, you just don't see that. I'd like to have straight guy friends who I can genuinely feel comfortable around, but you wouldn't believe how difficult it is. If you can't be yourself and be relaxed, what's the point of even trying?

Take NWPA, for example. He has no idea what he's talking about.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:20 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWPAguy View Post
By the way, for anyone who would pillory me for saying what I say about homosexuals... I've had gay friends. I've had friends who were drug addicts. I had a friend who was a prostitute. I had friends who smoked like chimneys. I had friends who were criminals. Does that mean that I must approve of their lifestyles? Absolutely not.
Oh, my... I'm impressed to see what fine company I'm bundled with... You know what, dahlin', you can keep your friendship because I couldn't care less for it.

People are right. There’s gotta be something in the air of PA…

Old 06-24-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, my... I'm impressed to see what fine company I'm bundled with... You know what, dahlin', you can keep your friendship because I couldn't care less for it.

People are right. There’s gotta be something in the air of PA…
So, telling the truth about someone means that I'm automatically not good friendship material? Ultimately that doesn't bother me... I've never been able to maintain friendships with people who couldn't handle the truth.

One of the reasons why I like posting to this forum is because so many people have issues which revolve around their choice to lead immoral lives. I seek to remind people of the way it ought to be done. American society is moving further and further away from good morality, and we wonder why America is slowly going down the toilet. We need morals and we need rules. Following those who profess otherwise is unavoidably destructive. At least I can fight for what's right... and go down swinging if need be.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodixieforme View Post
Take NWPA, for example. He has no idea what he's talking about.
Funny how you think you know me. As I always say... we shall see who knows what he/she is talking about... in the afterlife. I'll place my bets and you'll place yours. When the ball stops whirling around and finally drops into a hole, you'd better hope you're right.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:26 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
So, telling the truth about someone means that I'm automatically not good friendship material? Ultimately that doesn't bother me... I've never been able to maintain friendships with people who couldn't handle the truth.
You may be good friendship material for people who also appreciate bigotry, but I don't.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:33 PM

242 posts, read 193,413 times
Quote:
Funny how you think you know me. As I always say... we shall see who knows what he/she is talking about... in the afterlife. I'll place my bets and you'll place yours. When the ball stops whirling around and finally drops into a hole, you'd better hope you're right.
I don't think I know you. But judging by your comments, I'm certain you're someone that I would not want to know, if given the option. I'm assessing you based on what you have said here, and it strikes me as incredibly limited in scope and experience. There is a great deal of presumptuousness in your views.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:41 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,175,792 times
Quote:

One of the reasons why I like posting to this forum is because so many people have issues which revolve around their choice to lead immoral lives. I seek to remind people of the way it ought to be done. American society is moving further and further away from good morality, and we wonder why America is slowly going down the toilet. We need morals and we need rules. Following those who profess otherwise is unavoidably destructive. At least I can fight for what's right... and go down swinging if need be.
So I guess you consider bigotry is moral.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:43 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,142,683 times
Quote:
I seek to remind people of the way it ought to be done.
That's a shame. Being that egocentric and not at all humble, I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships