Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2008, 02:52 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,477,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Can I just point out that I am not the ONLY one who likes it here.

Have you ever lived in Center City? And by CC I mean between the rivers, north of South and south of Vine?
Or Chestnut Hill? Or Art Museum? Or Queen Village? Or Old City?

Where have you lived, and where do you live now?
Again,I'm not saying that you're the only one who likes it there. I'm just not sure you're in the majority. Look at north Philly for example,or west,or south...well some would say that south is a mix though.

No I haven't lived in the places you've mentioned,those are for the rich yuppies and doctors. And not everyone is that priveleged. I've never been in an area with such a difference between the haves and have nots in my entire life.

But yes I've been through those areas and had even dealt with those people when I worked in center city. And to answer your question,I started out in south Philly and now live in what's called 'lower northeast Philly',just east of Frankford. But definitely out of my element!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 02:53 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,223,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Maybe we should run a mediation forum on CD! If we can shrink the gap between these two, we may have a future!
I know. Right??
If ANYONE is successful in getting Stuck to say something good about the city, then I'll back down.

I understand his 'hood sucks. But my 'hood is excellent, and I would like to know that he understands that there are some excellent places in Philly, just as I recognize that there are some awful parts to Philly.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I've noticed that...usually the creepy parts to the city are located in the "downtown" areas...
Nah artsy, downtown here is gorgeous.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Actually, I was detoured through one of the armpit areas on Sunday and I was scared!
Ok...now picture you getting sucked into living in one of those areas!
Now you can sort of get where I'm at.
Meds anyone?

Old 08-20-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
If I could hear you say SOMETHING good about it, that would help. Something really good. Mention a nice place. Somewhere you enjoy going. Go on I dare you.
I could do that but then I'd be as cliche and vanilla as everyone else

Old 08-20-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Ok...now picture you getting sucked into living in one of those areas!
Now you can sort of get where I'm at.
Meds anyone?
So are you taking the bet, or can you just not bring yourself to do it??

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
well you are lucky because most cities I've seen have nasty, dirty, old, creepy downtown areas...

Quote:
Nah artsy, downtown here is gorgeous.

13,784 posts, read 26,257,416 times
Quote:
I know. Right??
If ANYONE is successful in getting Stuck to say something good about the city, then I'll back down.

I understand his 'hood sucks. But my 'hood is excellent, and I would like to know that he understands that there are some excellent places in Philly, just as I recognize that there are some awful parts to Philly.
Every city is like that. When folks hear I live in Richmond they start thinking about our former title of "Top Ten Murder Capitols in the US" when in reality, there are only about 10-15 blocks in the city where I would dare to wander.

We live in a very nice area but the stigma is still there because my address is Richmond. Oh well.

Stuck's reality is real to him and you know what they say "Perception is reality". No one can really argue with someones feelings.

Pollyanna is back...sorry

Old 08-20-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
Yes but you still havent told me why you feel like your stuck there Stuck. Can you not move away from the drunks and stuff.

Ops BRB. Neighbors dog is harassing my cats. Gotta go save the dog.
Well if I must repeat myself,I am currently married and this is where we have to live for now due to various things. Doesn't mean I have to like where I live.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:59 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,257,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Well if I must repeat myself,I am currently married and this is where we have to live for now due to various things. Doesn't mean I have to like where I live.
Pack her crap up and move
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships