Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2011, 05:16 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
It looks like my other post about masculine women is getting some interest, so lets reverse the question and talk about straight feminine looking men.

What do you think of men who want relationships with women but are not the masculine ideal? In fact they look and act feminine. I am not talking about a cross dresser or transgender person, but just a man who has lots of female traits.

I am thinking of Mr Rogers. Soft, gentle, non athletic, small bones, weak chin, skinny, weak voiced and non assertive. Though really nice, supportive, communicative, easy going and pleasant. All the negative things associated with macho and manliness is gone in this person.

Would you want a relationship with a clone of Mr Rogers?

Fred Rogers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mr. Rogers wasn't effeminate!
He was just a humble, soft spoken fellow.
I agree with others in distinquishing between the girly acting, prissy dudes and the ones like Fred.
I find them/the difference to be night and day.

P.S. I'm assuming it is okay to give an opinion regardless of one's gender??? LOL!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 04:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,721 times
I'm married to a "feminine" man. He's not rugged, his voice is feminine, I thought he was gay for a long time because he is feminine, but he's not. He doesn't know how to work on cars, but he is a good handyman around the house. He isn't a good protector because he won't stand up to another guy because other guys intimidate him, but he won't take a second thought to hit me or my kids. He has a self esteem issue because of his femininity. He is a womanizer and DOES check out other women in my presence. He is NOT a good provider and is very selfish. I would take an old fashioned man any day!!

Old 08-18-2011, 04:45 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Agree! Totally different....we like Fred. He was real and comfortable.

Fem guys are annoying....and I cannot seem to admire a "metrosexual"either!

But I tolerate all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Mr. Rogers wasn't effeminate!
He was just a humble, soft spoken fellow.
I agree with others in distinquishing between the girly acting, prissy dudes and the ones like Fred.
I find them/the difference to be night and day.

P.S. I'm assuming it is okay to give an opinion regardless of one's gender??? LOL!!!

Old 08-28-2011, 10:02 PM

4 posts, read 8,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
i'm very attracted to feminine men. Someone actually suggested to me that as far as guys go, the feminine ones are my "type." i'm also attracted to very feminine women, so there's a pattern, i guess? Lol

a lot of times when i'm attracted to a guy, i wind up finding out he's gay. Of course feminine guys are not always gay...i just have terrible luck!
keep looking i am/we are out there !

Old 08-28-2011, 11:15 PM

4 posts, read 8,594 times
Default It took me a long time to get here

Quote:
Originally Posted by joygirl74 View Post
DennyCrane
So true
Ps.Confident man to me is a man who is comfortable with him(real)self and has courage to express himself freely in an authentic way that doesnt include any kind of pose,play or pretending. Man who is vunerable,open and able to show his true ways,needs and feelings is not "not-manly" in any way.This is a sign of strength
I have been reading all of this ? i can and have changed diapers cooked i am gormet cook i like eye make up i am hansom i am former world class ski racer DH and super-g i like dom women slightly masculine women i am rugged fix everything build race boats were satin cami's an skinny girl jeans round the house i can cry and i CAN FIGHT! i am a male and i adore women i shave my legs cuz i like the way it feels i am girly and i am manly and i am very happy i like feeling sexy and fem as much as i like being manly i love horses and all critters and i love jesus christ i AM ME god don't make junk we all have our likes and dislike thats what makes us who we are BE WHO YOU ARE OR SELL OUT THE CHOICE IS YOURS! GOD BLESS THE BROKEN ROAD THAT MADE ME VE MYSELF TODAY!

Old 08-28-2011, 11:21 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Grammar, punctuation, and spelling are your friend. Lean on them!!!

Old 08-28-2011, 11:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Dated a girlie man once... it wasn't bad.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:43 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,798,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinta_carbone76 View Post
I'm married to a "feminine" man. He's not rugged, his voice is feminine, I thought he was gay for a long time because he is feminine, but he's not. He doesn't know how to work on cars, but he is a good handyman around the house. He isn't a good protector because he won't stand up to another guy because other guys intimidate him, but he won't take a second thought to hit me or my kids. He has a self esteem issue because of his femininity. He is a womanizer and DOES check out other women in my presence. He is NOT a good provider and is very selfish. I would take an old fashioned man any day!!
That guy is not manly.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:29 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,894,600 times
I don't like it. Raises that question of just how feminine are you?......bi-sexual, metro sexual, experimental.

I like 100% men. No questions necessary.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:41 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,757,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
I don't like it. Raises that question of just how feminine are you?......bi-sexual, metro sexual, experimental.

I like 100% men. No questions necessary.
Reducing qualities such as kindness, gentleness, softheartedness, and soft-spokenness in a man to simply being "feminine" (to the exclusion of other so-called masculine traits) is a massive injustice to men as a whole, IMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships