Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 11:17 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,937,768 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

So, I'm sitting around trying to figure out what to do this weekend and I'm just curious what other singles are planning on doing with their weekends

I may just hang out at the pool and be a bum all weekend myself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 11:32 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
Hi all,

So, I'm sitting around trying to figure out what to do this weekend and I'm just curious what other singles are planning on doing with their weekends

I may just hang out at the pool and be a bum all weekend myself!
I don't have plans all the time, but this time I do! Not that my idea is gonna be of any help to you... Of course, I find nothing wrong with bumming by the pool!

A couple of weeks ago when I went to a festival I met a woman making very interesting artwork out of wool and felt. Turned out there was gonna be a Wool Festival in Tucson, so I'm going to it on Sat. She lives on a ranch full of animals. It looks like petting zoo! It'll be fun to spend the day out in the sun playing with the animals, enjoying interesting things and potentially learning how to make them. It's probably too expensive of a hobby for me to take on as I'll need to buy all this exclusive (and pricey) yarn if I want to try, but it works for her as she does everything from scratch.

Here's a link if any of the ladies have such hobbies and are interested: Unique Designs

I like 3-D abstract art made out of various unusual materials: PA100062.JPG (image)

Old 10-22-2008, 11:35 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
I'm going out on Saturday to go hiking etc. with a girl I met on-line. This will be date #3.

Working out, playing basketball, helping kids with homework, rake leaves and at least one good nap. :-)

Also probably play some bridge with the in-laws while they are visiting for 5 days or so.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:54 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
I'm not single, but it's kinda like I'm single. I will be going to a dance this weekend.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:04 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
I'll be going out of town to see friends and have some fun.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:19 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I'm not single, but it's kinda like I'm single. I will be going to a dance this weekend.
Well, take that poor husband with ya once in a blue moon!

Old 10-22-2008, 05:58 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, take that poor husband with ya once in a blue moon!
Actually, he does go with me to some social dances, but we split up once we get there so I can dance with my fellow competitors. He never goes with me to my competitions though because they're too boring for him. A real ballroom comp isn't like Dancing With The Stars. It's about getting called back for quarter finals, semi final and finals - so you are doing your same routines many, many times and it gets boring to a casual observer. I'm actually glad he doesn't want to go because he's constantly needling me about "Can we leave yet", or "Are you done yet" or "Can't you just forfeit so we can go home now". This Ballroom Diva NEVER forfeits!!! Plus, he doesn't want to pal around with my ballroom friends.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:02 PM

625 posts, read 1,586,427 times
Build something.....for fun instead of for money....sometimes it's nice to work when you don't have to.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:28 PM

4 posts, read 5,663 times
I should finish the quilt im making for my daughter, I have been working on it for over a year now Im sure she will appreciate it this winter

Old 10-22-2008, 10:28 PM

323 posts, read 788,457 times
I'm in a relationship but because my boyfriend currently lives in a different state I do the same things on the weekend that I did when I was single.. I work all day (it's the busiest time of the week for us retail employees) and then I come home and either talk on the phone, get online, or hang out with my roommates. I like to relax during the little free time that I get!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships