Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 07:45 PM

156 posts, read 270,675 times

Advertisements

is still single.. My twin brother is one of my best friends and we talk about everything. I always knew he's a shy one. He's almost 23 and has never gone out on a date and is hesitant on doing so... He wants to be a happy married man but is just plain.. CHICKEN. I offer to set him up, and he either says no, or accepts and then chickens out a little later.

So.. What is a good twin sister supposed to do?? I'm lost and I'm not just going to ignore his venting about the subject- I've got to do something for him, but WHO?? How?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 07:50 PM

461 posts, read 1,450,273 times
If you know a woman who you think would be a good match for him invite them both over to hang out. Don't make a big thing of it, don't act like it's a date or a set up, just hang out together have a cup of coffee and a conversation. Maybe if he knows the woman a little bit he'll feel comfortable enough to date

Old 10-29-2008, 07:51 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,359,666 times
Ok I know you guys are twins and all but ppl grow at their own pace..your being married has nothing to do with him...it certainly doesnt mean he should be married or is even ready to do so....Listen to him..he is the only one that knows whats best for him..the only thing you can and should do is watch from the side lines and continue your relationship with him but dont pressure him to follow your path

Old 10-29-2008, 08:02 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,456,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebug86 View Post
is still single.. My twin brother is one of my best friends and we talk about everything. I always knew he's a shy one. He's almost 23 and has never gone out on a date and is hesitant on doing so... He wants to be a happy married man but is just plain.. CHICKEN. I offer to set him up, and he either says no, or accepts and then chickens out a little later.

So.. What is a good twin sister supposed to do?? I'm lost and I'm not just going to ignore his venting about the subject- I've got to do something for him, but WHO?? How?
He might be gay.

Either that or he needs a few more years to mature. He'll probably be the nice guy that makes the perfect husband. Don't rush him.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:53 PM

598 posts, read 2,075,521 times
Wait, wait....almost 23? That means he is 22 years old?? He has PLENTY of time. I think the average age for a US male to get married is about 27. I would remind him of that. His time will come!

Old 10-29-2008, 09:00 PM

918 posts, read 1,643,737 times
I'm 28, and single....

I'm behind! OH NO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlchick View Post
Wait, wait....almost 23? That means he is 22 years old?? He has PLENTY of time. I think the average age for a US male to get married is about 27. I would remind him of that. His time will come!

Old 10-29-2008, 09:23 PM

1,217 posts, read 4,035,098 times
He's 22 and not married? SO FREAKIN' WHAT??? He's never gone on a date? Again, so what? You're tired of hearing him vent? Then tell him to shut up and do something about it. And quit trying to be his nurse maid. You're not responsible for him. Live your life, be there for him but make him live his. He'll either rise to the occasion or not. Quit stressing over it. It's NOT your problem or responsibility.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:33 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,936,837 times
Wow... I'd hate to wish my sibling be married just because I was.

What'da'ya say ya stop pushing the subject and just enjoy your brother and the company he brings? I mean, I'd hate to be made to feel bad simply because I was single and my sibling (or even a friend) was always trying to find me someone.

I mean, god forbid, what if something happened to your brother... look at all the time you've wasted hoping he was married like you are, instead of just enjoying the person he is.

Just because you do something, doesn't really mean your twin has to also.

Please tell me you two don't still dress alike! LOL!

Old 10-29-2008, 09:34 PM

918 posts, read 1,643,737 times
They act alike they walk alike at times they even talk alike

Old 10-29-2008, 10:42 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,433,900 times
You can't do anything for him. He'll come out of his shell in his own good time. Go ahead and casually introduce him to friends and acquaintances along the way, but don't expect anything. He'll date when he's ready to and not before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships