Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 07:11 PM

22,149 posts, read 19,203,648 times

Advertisements

it wasn't due to cheating, but after my ex and i broke up he was furious
he ended up with some woman who married him for his money
she can have him they deserve each other

i can honestly see and say that all the money he has, has not made him into a happy person, i saw him for the first time in over 6 years recently and he looked old and miserable and scared. I didn't exactly gloat but i did feel very happy with my own peaceful life, and felt good about making the right choice to leave the marriage 17 years ago

Old 11-01-2008, 10:16 PM

52,203 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
it wasn't due to cheating, but after my ex and i broke up he was furious
he ended up with some woman who married him for his money
she can have him they deserve each other

i can honestly see and say that all the money he has, has not made him into a happy person, i saw him for the first time in over 6 years recently and he looked old and miserable and scared. I didn't exactly gloat but i did feel very happy with my own peaceful life, and felt good about making the right choice to leave the marriage 17 years ago
You know that funny thing is that you hear all of the phrases about marrying for money, but I honestly from the bottom of my heart couldn't imagine being with a woman just for her money. No money doesn't make you happy, yes I'm familiar with the saying the "Money doesn't make you happy but it makes your life easier while your looking".

That statement is true to a point. But for me once you get past the basics of shelter food etc, money really doesn't make you happy.

I have a sister in law and she just lusts after money, practically worships the dollar.

She's a sad sack, but that's a whole other thread.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:19 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,245,461 times
Not sure if this is Karma, but I'd like to think so...my ex fiance cheated on me, I broke up with him, he married a girl that ended up being diagnosed schizophrenic...

Old 11-02-2008, 07:41 AM

926 posts, read 2,747,035 times
two words: knocked up.
my ex was living the ultimate bachelor life after I broke up with him, he bought a gorgeous house with a hot tub in the basement, had his car detailed and pimped out, bought a motorcycle and was out partying all the time. well he met this one chick when he was drunk, had sex without protection and she got pregnant. his cadillac doesnt look so cool with a baby seat in the back- HA!

Old 11-02-2008, 07:43 AM

926 posts, read 2,747,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Not sure if this is Karma, but I'd like to think so...my ex fiance cheated on me, I broke up with him, he married a girl that ended up being diagnosed schizophrenic...

this guy i liked a few years back chose this mariah carey look-a-like over me. turns out she is bipolar and schizophrenic lol. she doesnt look so hot cursing herself out in public

Old 11-02-2008, 08:08 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Not a cheating ex but I had a boyfriend break up with me because I "wasn't the kind of girl you date but the kind you marry". The girl he dumped me for faked a pregnancy and he married her only to enlist in the service and leave her behind because he couldn't stand being married to her and woudln't divorce her because they were married in the chuch.

Guess he didn't need the kind of girl you "date" in his life. Funny thing is I developed a wild streak a couple of years later

I heard she divorced him but I don't know what happened to him after that. When you sleep with dogs you get fleas.

Old 11-02-2008, 02:54 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,297,994 times
LOL! Thanks everyone! I feel much better after reading this thread. I hope my ex gets what he deserves- not because we broke up, I can live with that. Only because he is a liar and cheat passing himself off as something he is not.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:36 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,028,490 times
1. He ended up accidentally introducing me to my current boyfriend
2. The girl he cheated on me with broke up with him a year later ( my relationship is still going).
3.He's losing his hair at 20.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:29 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,934,465 times
ROTFL that is wonderful news for you isn't it.......talk about Karma biting one in the booty; however, I believe that bad things happen to good people and that erases the idea of karma....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post

Old 11-02-2008, 10:30 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,934,465 times
Is he hot though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
1. He ended up accidentally introducing me to my current boyfriend
2. The girl he cheated on me with broke up with him a year later ( my relationship is still going).
3.He's losing his hair at 20.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships