Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ladies Would You Date/Marry A Man Who's Favorite Hobby Is Snorting Cocaine ?
Yes And I Am A Liberal Female 0 0%
No And I Am A Liberal Female 23 74.19%
Yes And I Am A Conservative Female 0 0%
No And I Am A Conservative Female 8 25.81%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 12:09 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,188,268 times

Advertisements

Nothing at all. I see and deal with addicts everyday at work. It's a tough thing to deal with. For me and them.

Whats so disturbing is, many of them are really good people. They've made a terrible mistake that's very difficult to correct.

I kid you not, if many could "kick" the habbit they would be on top of the world and at one time, many were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
I hear ya, nothing glamorous about a stone cold addict and being in a relationship with one is no party. I've never been in a relationship with one, but have known lots to go from casual use at parties and weekends with friends to resorting to stealing from clients accounts (2 lawyers I knew) to selling their high priced goods for next to nothing. I won't even start talking about the girls.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:13 PM

JG,

you really know what you're talking about. My only experience comes from managing a mens shelter but what you speak of, I see it every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Well Jonathan. I take it about as seriously as if a 50 year old man raped an 8 year old girl. Is there a joke in that somewhere? There is absolutely nothing funny about it. Sensitive? No. I passed sensitive years ago. This is just first-hand knowledge of a very big problem that affects too many families in the world, who also do not see the comedy in all that it entails.

If we want to hit on alcoholism, that goes hand in hand with a Coke addiction. The two go together. Majority of Coke addicts are alcoholics. The two make a great blend.

Sorry, never saw the shirt. Don't care to either.

To the OP - For the life in me, I have no idea what the heck being a Liberal or a Conservative has to do with Cocaine. My ex was/is a Conservative, as am I. Liberals are users/addicts too. The drug does not recognize political stance. Pointless poll.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:14 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
No way. Scary.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:52 PM

467 posts, read 1,684,807 times
LMAO this can't be for real. Why would I want to date a man who is an addict???? LOL LOL NO WAY!!!!

Old 11-22-2008, 02:36 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,743 times
Huuuh! How many "politically indused" thread polls is Jeff Jarret's going to make?

Is he trying to find out who voted for Obama or McCain or he's doing that to find out how many of us are Liberal/Conservative, Republican/Democrat?

Seriously, does political correctness has anything to do with relationships?

Old 11-22-2008, 02:41 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,144,735 times
This poll is odd. Who in their right mind would date an addict, knowing that they have a problem going into the relationship?

Old 11-22-2008, 02:42 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
This poll is odd. Who in their right mind would date an addict, knowing that they have a problem going into the relationship?
No doubt.

Sign me up with a chick with a drug problem and I'm right as rain.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:44 PM

I do understand your point but you'd be surprised.

Not all addicts "look" like a addict or at least the image people have of what an addict looks like. You can be an addict and be a high powered attorney. It's called a fuctional addict. Many addicts are functional and remain that way for their entire life.

Another point is, you may not know the person is a addict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post

Old 11-22-2008, 02:45 PM

324 posts, read 862,837 times
Why would you want to married to someone addicted to drugs. This most be a joke....Its like asking to be exposed to unthinkable violence and a multitude of STDS that are uncurable and potentially fatal.
Coke...sexy.....what's wrong the world today, and why do women have to be so desperate as to think drug addiction is sexy?

Old 11-22-2008, 03:50 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,955,275 times
Really tried to skip past this thread....it just wouldn't let me. Knowing full well that this response, regardless of its content, is giving OP exactly what he's after: attention from us.

Then thought about flagging him to a mod, but what's the point? Free speech & all....Suppose I could start using the ignore feature...that would certainly be a good option.

But no, I'll bite. Mr. JJ, what is your reason for the OP? What is the story behind it? Anything, anything at all? If you don't respond, I'll take that as an indication that you're posting another one of your many inflammatory threads....or busy washing your white hood.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships