Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2008, 09:07 PM

769 posts, read 2,233,469 times

Advertisements

LOL at all this "the OP is a coward" nonsense. So I should get killed for a woman who is too stupid to stand up for herself? Nope. My older brother could have died from that chair to his back. I'm pretty sure if they were putting the stitches in he was wondering if he did the right thing or not (if he was conscious at the time). She was a grown adult. If she isn't grown enough to choose her own relationships then she should become a nun or something. If women can't fend for themselves in this day in age then get out of the armed forces, the police, and get out of politics!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 09:07 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,060,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
JUSTIFICATION IS NOT MENTAL ABNORMALITIES!!

I want to see some medical proof that abusers have mental abnormalities because right now it sounds like you are justifying it by making excuses.
I'm not justifying or making excuses. No one who's been through this would do that. I'm not sure where you're getting this. I'm just shocked that these men don't get it.

My ex was diagnosed with Bipolar, Adult ADD, OCD. He's been on medication for quite some time and is getting better (while away from me). But with all the psychologists, therapists, support groups, etc... he'll never understand what he put me through. I'm not talking about the physical abuse, but moreso the emotional abuse.

I'm not excusing him because he has a mental whatever, in the end, everyone is responsible for their actions.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:08 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,259,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by What! View Post
LOL at all this "the OP is a coward" nonsense. So I should get killed for a woman who is too stupid to stand up for herself? Nope. My older brother could have died from that chair to his back. I'm pretty sure if they were putting the stitches in he was wondering if he did the right thing or not (if he was conscious at the time). She was a grown adult. If she isn't grown enough to choose her own relationships then she should become a nun or something. If women can't fend for themselves in this day in age then get out of the armed forces, the police, and get out of politics!
Yep, turn your back and bury your head...that always makes unpleasant things go away!

Old 12-15-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by What! View Post
woman who is too stupid to stand up for herself?
Get a clue... PLEASE

No, you shouldn't get in the middle, but you could alert security.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyV View Post
I'm not justifying or making excuses. No one who's been through this would do that. I'm not sure where you're getting this. I'm just shocked that these men don't get it.

My ex was diagnosed with Bipolar, Adult ADD, OCD. He's been on medication for quite some time and is getting better (while away from me). But with all the psychologists, therapists, support groups, etc... he'll never understand what he put me through. I'm not talking about the physical abuse, but moreso the emotional abuse.

I'm not excusing him because he has a mental whatever, in the end, everyone is responsible for their actions.
Well, you are certainly quick to give diagnoses as excuses...life is a choice and he chose to do those things to you! OCD and ADD does not make an abuser...Bi Polar is another story.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Get a clue... PLEASE

No, you shouldn't get in the middle, but you could alert security.
Tell me why she doesn't alert security? If someone was stealing her purse, wouldn't she yell for help? If someone spit in her face, wouldn't she yell? If someone was breaking into her car or house, wouldn't she scream? So why didn't she scream or ask for help in the mall if it was something so bad that security needed to get involved?

Old 12-15-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Well, you are certainly quick to give diagnoses as excuses...life is a choice and he chose to do those things to you! OCD and ADD does not make an abuser...Bi Polar is another story.
I'm not excusing anyone???? Again, don't see where you're seeing this.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:16 PM

Quote:
I'm not excusing anyone???? Again, don't see where you're seeing this.
Please go back and read your own posts...you clearly state that abusers have "mental abnormalities" and do not know they are doing anything wrong...this is not making anyone take responsibilty for being an abuser.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:17 PM

And who was that person who made the statement about boiling a frog in hot water and it doesn't know it's being cooked until it's broiled? Are you trying to somehow say the psychology of a woman is similar to a frog? That's not a nice comparison.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:17 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,049,604 times
MommyV,

In your case, your husband does have the excuse of "mental abnormalities". In your husband's case, he may not understand what he's doing because of Bipolar, ADD and OCD. However, that is not the case with most abusers.

I now understand your posts.

I hope you will stay free and rebuild your life. I can only imagine what you've been through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships