Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 11:03 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,694,209 times

Advertisements

I see your point, but it's just an attraction/things in common issue. not content of character. there are plenty of "duds" out there, regardless of race. I ultimately think you should just date who you want, it doesn't (or shouldn't) matter what race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Any body who selects their date by the color of their skin, "and not the content of their character" is a racist
I think people do expect something different in a relationship with another race , that difference might be only a difference in class or socio-economics, but they attach race to that difference,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 11:48 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarqueseGilmore View Post
I am a black man that wants to start dating outside my race. I find black women attractive and all that but I find that alot of times they are extra confrontational and extra bitchy. I dont mind a strong women or a lit bit of a biotch but I feel like black women are extra with it. Like I don't want to dog my black sisters on here at all. I'm tired of confrontation in my life. Every sister I been with has been DRAMA!!!!!!!! I want a little bit of a new breath of fresh air relationshipwise!! I have discussed this with a few of my friends who happen to be black women and they say I'm wrong or that I'm just curious!! I say that I just want to keep my mind open. I'm a man that doesn't go out and mess with everything in a dress.(I've been in 4 real relationships in my life) I'm looking for something new new! But I should I feel wrong for this?
I'm going to be honest not all black women are full of DRAMA, but the women you are picking are full of it. There are good black women out their that want a good black man, that is drama free. So, examine the women you are dating.

But if you want to date outside your race, I don't see anything wrong with that. I was raised with not even think about race, so I don't care what race date I date, but want to be with a good, man. I don't care if he is white, latino, italian or what ever, as long as he is a man that loves God. That is my only condition.

But I understand where you are coming from when you say that black women can be a pain and full of it. But it all depends on the type of person that you pick. Oh, before someone sees the comment and gets upset sisters, I'm a black female and I'm juse being honest. Black females can be some of the most hateful people in the world. But not all are that way. I'm thankful that my mom raised me to know better and to act better, than to make myself look like a fool, like I see some black women do.

So, if you want to find a good black sister, look at how she carrys herself and act. But, if you want to venture out side of your race, then so be it, but other races have crazy women too.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:14 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
Well, perhaps this explains to me a little of why so many black men have relationships with white women. I think you have the most beautiful women in the world. So I just couldn't consider the reason that white women are prettier.

A black man once told me that their women tends to go to extremes, that they are either very docile or very domineering. But I've noticed the same of the European women that my parents are from. Also, I've known a lot of Korean women who were mighty "assertive"!

"Who" you want to date is only a matter of choice and there is nothing wrong with that.

Old 03-21-2009, 06:18 PM

901 posts, read 2,988,243 times
I didn't read through all of the posts. The original post was the second silliest post I've ever read here on CD. Obviously the OP is picking the wrong type of women. I'm black and latino and I've always been drama free. I'm too busy for all of that. I've know some super crazy women of all different backgrounds. I predict that the OP will get with a woman of another race who will be 10 times crazier than any black woman he has dated.

Old 03-22-2009, 05:38 PM

3 posts, read 3,970 times
You really don't need to feel like you are "abandoning" anybody by dating outside your race. Why should your community have any right to dictact who you date? Why should anyone be offended if you fall in love with a white girl? But if you are specifically running away from black women, then of course they will feel offended.
Your problem is that you have to be goal-oriented. You say you want a girl from another race, but what you REALLY want is a high-class, non-dramatic woman. So just go for what you want directly, instead of assuming that you will find them by focusing on some side attribute!

I'm sure that once you start looking in the right places, then you will lots of great women, and you shouldn't have to worry about weather they are black or not becuase they will all be high class.

On another note (to other posters) don't forget that race and culture are two different things! Of course being black doesn't affect your personality at all. It's the "black culture", in all it's complexities, which actually makes up that part of you. And of course there are many other cultural influences which make it hard to categorize anybody. If you are from the city or the suburbs, from the east or west coast, from an educated family or not... all of these things are cultural too, and can affect a person greatly.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:53 AM

326 posts, read 880,860 times
Quote:
Your absolutely right......lol J/K

To answer some of your questions,I don't necessarily want a pushover,submissive type either in a woman. Just sick of some of the drama that BLACK WOMEN I'VE DEALT WITH put me through. Maybe it aint black women....Just Maybe! And I'm sorry if its coming off like I'm making black women the scapegoat,but its just my thoughts. I'll give you all an example: I met a young lady at my place of work. Fine young lady,came off as wordly,smart and all that. Sooooo she initially approached me,soooo we went on a couple dates. Straight out the bat she tells me that she has kids and I was fine with that. Then she proceeds to tell me that she's not with her "Baby's father" but that she still has sex with him AND that she'll never let him go. But that she was looking for a "F" friend!!! Where's the class in that? My Mom,my sisters would never talk like that.....especially on the first "date".
These are the types of black women I come across......
OP, If these are the types of women you "deal" with, then the issue is not that of color but of class.
Why are you entertaining "ready made' families at your young age? If these are the types of women you have slept with in the past, get a full STD test.

Date classy women. If you dont change YOUR OWN mentality you will gofrom "black trash" to "white trash". You seem to be dating in the ghettos.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:53 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:
I am a black man that wants to start dating outside my race. I find black women attractive and all that but I find that alot of times they are extra confrontational and extra bitchy. I dont mind a strong women or a lit bit of a biotch but I feel like black women are extra with it. Like I don't want to dog my black sisters on here at all. I'm tired of confrontation in my life. Every sister I been with has been DRAMA!!!!!!!! I want a little bit of a new breath of fresh air relationshipwise!! I have discussed this with a few of my friends who happen to be black women and they say I'm wrong or that I'm just curious!! I say that I just want to keep my mind open. I'm a man that doesn't go out and mess with everything in a dress.(I've been in 4 real relationships in my life) I'm looking for something new new! But I should I feel wrong for this?
Well, I don't think that you are wrong per say, because I'm a black female who prefer's to not date black men anymore. The black men that I have dated were very closed minded to doing new things, so I prefer to date other races.

I love to try new things like surf and most black men are not even going there. I love black men and what they stand for, there just not for me.

So, do you as long as you are happy.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:56 AM

22 posts, read 50,046 times
Go for it and don't apologize for it.

It's your life. YOU live it - do not let anyone else make you feel bad or second guess your decisions.

Also... why is it that everytime a black man wants to date outside their race they are called "Color Struck"??? That is the most stupid thing... maybe he's just interested in broadening his dating field.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:41 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,299,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrown17 View Post
Thanks for saying this that's my point. A man like him is outnumbered by his female counterparts by far. I would think these women would be tearing the doors down to get next to him. If anything, it's Black women who seriously need to explore other options....
Ding ding ding. They'd better get with the program!

Personally I have more respect for black men who own up to the fact that they are attracted to non-black women over the men who want to paint us all with a broad brush with their tired excuses.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:15 PM

727 posts, read 1,891,564 times
You know what it is and I came to a realization........I felt under-appreciated by my black women! They say theres a shortage of Black men and I'm not trying to toot my horn but I'm one of the good ones......Never been to jail,Self sufficient,No kids,Independant........and I felt like I was looked over by my black women. I've had several black women tell me I was too nice and they like thugs. So I wanted to try another race that'd appreciate a good black man. I'm actually still single and at this point I'm focused on my career and not women so much.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships