Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 08:57 PM

937 posts, read 2,834,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrown17 View Post
Here we go again. Why is it that every time a Black man expresses an interest in interracial dating, he has to bash Black women in the process? It's really beyond tired. Not every Black woman is confrontational and bitchy, and not every non-Black woman is passive and submissive. You are in for a world of hurt if you think that.

Deep down inside, many Black mens' reasons for wanting to step outside the race has nothing to do with Black women. They'll talk about "sisters attitudes," but that's bull. The real reason is not politically correct to state aloud. No one is going to say, "I'm a self-hating, colorstruck Negro who uses other races' women to elevate my social status." Not saying this is you, but this is generally what I've found.

Your problem is not Black women. Your problem is why do you continue to attract and stay in relationships with drama-filled people?

I know this sounds harsh, but I think you need to be honest with yourself as a person and why you feel that interracial relationships are the answer. Good luck with whatever you do, it's your life.
I agree 100% !

Seems that most interracial relationships are simply for political correctness and social status symbols.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 09:02 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
I agree 100% !

Seems that most interracial relationships are simply for political correctness and social status symbols.
Or that some people find people of another race attractive and when they get to know that person, race isn't an issue.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
If you think a small town republican, bible thumping, right wing white girl is going to be the first one in her circle to date the black guy, don't hold your breath, its generally going to be a white girl very close to the black community, democrat or what ever, whose best friend is a black girl, anyway, how many people rate the blackness or whiteness of their lover as an attribute, happy couples focus on something the person they are dating has done for them self and not something they are not responsible for like who their Parents were.
This holds pretty true as well.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Or that some people find people of another race attractive and when they get to know that person, race isn't an issue.
If you say so

Old 01-01-2009, 09:23 PM

727 posts, read 1,891,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
You're from Pittsburgh. This might have a lot to do with it.................something in the air there makes the sistas go crazy..........
Your absolutely right......lol J/K

To answer some of your questions,I don't necessarily want a pushover,submissive type either in a woman. Just sick of some of the drama that BLACK WOMEN I'VE DEALT WITH put me through. Maybe it aint black women....Just Maybe! And I'm sorry if its coming off like I'm making black women the scapegoat,but its just my thoughts. I'll give you all an example: I met a young lady at my place of work. Fine young lady,came off as wordly,smart and all that. Sooooo she initially approached me,soooo we went on a couple dates. Straight out the bat she tells me that she has kids and I was fine with that. Then she proceeds to tell me that she's not with her "Baby's father" but that she still has sex with him AND that she'll never let him go. But that she was looking for a "F" friend!!! Where's the class in that? My Mom,my sisters would never talk like that.....especially on the first "date".
These are the types of black women I come across......

Old 01-01-2009, 09:46 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarqueseGilmore View Post
Your absolutely right......lol J/K

To answer some of your questions,I don't necessarily want a pushover,submissive type either in a woman. Just sick of some of the drama that BLACK WOMEN I'VE DEALT WITH put me through. Maybe it aint black women....Just Maybe! And I'm sorry if its coming off like I'm making black women the scapegoat,but its just my thoughts. I'll give you all an example: I met a young lady at my place of work. Fine young lady,came off as wordly,smart and all that. Sooooo she initially approached me,soooo we went on a couple dates. Straight out the bat she tells me that she has kids and I was fine with that. Then she proceeds to tell me that she's not with her "Baby's father" but that she still has sex with him AND that she'll never let him go. But that she was looking for a "F" friend!!! Where's the class in that? My Mom,my sisters would never talk like that.....especially on the first "date".
These are the types of black women I come across......
bid that woman adios.........

Old 01-01-2009, 11:03 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
If you say so
Just because you couldn't date someone of another race without it being an issue doesn't mean that applies to everyone. In my experience, after the initial "do you date outside of your race?" every relationship has been like every relationship whether the guy was Black, White or Mexican.

We all have differences to mesh, whether those are cultural or familial (we all grow up in different families, with different traditions, etc.) I have found perfect gentlemen in all races and total creeps in all races. People are people, regardless of race.

Last edited by CESpeed; 01-01-2009 at 11:13 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-01-2009, 11:04 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,030,437 times
I 100% co-sign with CESpeed.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:10 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,424,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrown17 View Post
Here we go again. Why is it that every time a Black man expresses an interest in interracial dating, he has to bash Black women in the process? It's really beyond tired. Not every Black woman is confrontational and bitchy, and not every non-Black woman is passive and submissive. You are in for a world of hurt if you think that.

Deep down inside, many Black mens' reasons for wanting to step outside the race has nothing to do with Black women. They'll talk about "sisters attitudes," but that's bull. The real reason is not politically correct to state aloud. No one is going to say, "I'm a self-hating, colorstruck Negro who uses other races' women to elevate my social status." Not saying this is you, but this is generally what I've found.

Your problem is not Black women. Your problem is why do you continue to attract and stay in relationships with drama-filled people?

I know this sounds harsh, but I think you need to be honest with yourself as a person and why you feel that interracial relationships are the answer. Good luck with whatever you do, it's your life.
Ditto.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:13 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,424,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarqueseGilmore View Post
And to be honest I don't feel that alot of black women feel me, because I'm educated,have my own and want more out of life. They feel like I'm an "Uncle Tom" or Bourgeoisie!! Which I am far from!!
Wasn't there a statistic that more black women were in college or had degres than black men? I'm sure there was. What kind of black women are you dating that are less educated than you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships