Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 05:53 AM

28,970 posts, read 30,336,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
This woman has a little site that's been on ET and other new programs.

Susie's AlaskaMen, Alaska Men, Bringing you Alaska Bachelors Since 1987

I've been to Alaska and it is absolutely breathtaking. I've thought of moving there (as well as a coupla other places), but I would move just about anywhere on my own at this point in my life.

So, if I met someone who, after some time, wanted to get married and I felt the same, I'd probably move anywhere; not just to be with him but for the adventure of it.

I also know people who will not leave their families who live right down the street. I respect that as their preference. But it wouldn't hold me back unless they were ill.

What about you kids?
I believe when you really love someone, the distance doesn't matter, you just want to be with them...but, I wouldn't want to be that close to family...when you take a husband or wife, your life is with them, and should be...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 07:35 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,875,715 times
Quote:
What was the temp in May?
85 above and steamy hot after the thunderstorms. I passed out hauling shingles up a ladder! Woke up on the ground. Packed up and left the next day for Alaska!

Desert might be drier and less humid...but the heat would still kill me. So would travel around the world for the wife...as long as it's in a northern state or country!

Old 03-29-2009, 07:43 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,539,787 times
Love knows no distance.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:33 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,183,754 times
I moved across the country to take a professorship; I'd move across the country for my S.O./life partner/wife.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:41 AM

37,669 posts, read 46,114,125 times
Quote:
This woman has a little site that's been on ET and other new programs.

Susie's AlaskaMen, Alaska Men, Bringing you Alaska Bachelors Since 1987

I've been to Alaska and it is absolutely breathtaking. I've thought of moving there (as well as a coupla other places), but I would move just about anywhere on my own at this point in my life.

So, if I met someone who, after some time, wanted to get married and I felt the same, I'd probably move anywhere; not just to be with him but for the adventure of it.

I also know people who will not leave their families who live right down the street. I respect that as their preference. But it wouldn't hold me back unless they were ill.

What about you kids?
I'd not move out of this area. 1) My parents are here, and they are both getting up there, and I'm the only sibling here. 2) My son is not yet an adult, and I wouldn't want to be too far from him until he was securely out on his own. 3) I have a well-paying secure job, and I have no desire to go job-hunting again at this age.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:40 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,885,877 times
At the other end of the world if necessary (I'd just make sure I'm not financially dependent upon that person...)

Old 03-29-2009, 11:20 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,261,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
I'm sorry for your loss.

Did you live in Anchorage?
Yes. I was stationed at Elmendorf, then worked for the Anchorage Daily Times after my release from the Air Force. I think Anchorage had about 50,000 pop. when I got there and was at 75,000 when I left. It's changed a lot!

Old 03-29-2009, 12:00 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,344,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Desert might be drier and less humid...but the heat would still kill me. So would travel around the world for the wife...as long as it's in a northern state or country!
I guess we will never be neighbors, Rance. After spending a few winters in Washington DC (which isn't even that bad as winters go) I will try to never again live somewhere that will require me to own a snow shovel. I enjoy traveling to visit snow once in a while, but don't want to live in a cold climate. Texas has pretty great weather. I can put up with a few months of heat & humidity to avoid the sub-freezing winters. Right now the weather is absolute perfection!

I guess if Mr. Perfect came along, here in Texas, married me, and later had to move to a cold climate for work or something I'd go with him with the promise that we'd move back as soon as it's feasible. I'm certainly not retiring in the North.

Sweden is a pretty country BTW. My mean former boss sent me up there for work in January and February one year. OMG was it cold and dark. I was driving to work one morning and drove past a guy who was heading to work on cross-country skis.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:35 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,467,443 times
I guess I will be alone in my opinion but my whole life has been about living somewhere for someone else, my first husband, my family. For the first time in my life I live where I want to, because I want to.

I have health problems that make Florida a good place for me. I would consider moving further south and posibly a little north in Florida. I would consider moving to Southern California. I need to be warm most of the year and I need to be near the ocean.

I am in alot of pain in the cold, not too mention Seasonal Affective Disorder, I get depressed when its grey and cold. I get depressed being cooped up in the house and I don't play in the snow.

What I would truly love would be for a man to drag me off to his place in the Carribean. That would be my dream. Spend everyday in a bathing suit with my toes in the sand.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:55 AM

82 posts, read 235,792 times
For the right person I'd move just about anywhere. If you truly care for someone it doesn't matter where you live as long as you're together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships