Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 10:24 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times

Advertisements

This woman has a little site that's been on ET and other new programs.

Susie's AlaskaMen, Alaska Men, Bringing you Alaska Bachelors Since 1987

I've been to Alaska and it is absolutely breathtaking. I've thought of moving there (as well as a coupla other places), but I would move just about anywhere on my own at this point in my life.

So, if I met someone who, after some time, wanted to get married and I felt the same, I'd probably move anywhere; not just to be with him but for the adventure of it.

I also know people who will not leave their families who live right down the street. I respect that as their preference. But it wouldn't hold me back unless they were ill.

What about you kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 10:30 PM

670 posts, read 2,114,756 times
I would move just about anywhere to be with someone I loved and who felt the same about me. There are some countries I would be less enthusiastic about moving to, however. Also, I've been near larger cities all my life, so I would have to adjust my lifestyle to move to a very small town if there was no medium to large size city nearby, but I could do it for the right person.

I would think a lot of people can't move too far if they have kids, or elderly parents to take care of.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:31 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
I go to the ends of the earth for the right man--anywhere, but Alaska, that is. I just spend all but the last 4 years of my life there, that's enough. LOL

One or two of my brothers have been in Alaska men. Nothing came of it.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
I go to the ends of the earth for the right man--anywhere, but Alaska, that is. I just spend all but the last 4 years of my life there, that's enough. LOL

One or two of my brothers have been in Alaska men. Nothing came of it.
Ahem.....rrreaalllly.

*touching up my hair*

Old 03-28-2009, 10:33 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
Far!

Old 03-28-2009, 10:36 PM

670 posts, read 2,114,756 times
[quote=Public_Newsense;8090307]I go to the ends of the earth for the right man--anywhere, but Alaska, that is. I just spend all but the last 4 years of my life there, that's enough. LOL

One or two of my brothers have been in Alaska men. Nothing came of it.[/quote]

How old are they and are they cute? (Just kidding)

Old 03-28-2009, 10:40 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Ahem.....rrreaalllly.

*touching up my hair*
LOL

Does anyone have any old copies of Alaska Men? I'm looking for a man with longish, whitish hair, body builder, 40s-ish, named Les. My sister dated him for a while--not from the magazine but after running into him at the grocery store after he was featured. He was mad about her. We lost touch and I wanted to tell him she died--a year ago tonight, as a matter of fact. If you see someone who fits this description, let me know. I know it's far-fetched but he was a favorite and may be in there somehow.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:41 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Not far. I have always felt that every race and every town or city has at least one person who could be the "right person." Whether or not you find or recognize him/her depends on you.

Every city and town that I've lived in, I have encountered more than one woman who could be the "right person." That person is closer than you think.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
LOL

Does anyone have any old copies of Alaska Men? I'm looking for a man with longish, whitish hair, body builder, 40s-ish, named Les. My sister dated him for a while--not from the magazine but after running into him at the grocery store after he was featured. He was mad about her. We lost touch and I wanted to tell him she died--a year ago tonight, as a matter of fact. If you see someone who fits this description, let me know. I know it's far-fetched but he was a favorite and may be in there somehow.
Sorry about your loss.

I just checked the "taken" list on the site, I don't see a Les. No links to old issues either.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:50 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
My late wife moved 2000+ miles to be with me. It was a week-to-week deal initially, just to keep the pressure off, but she stayed and we married about 10 months later.

And my current wife moved about 1350 miles. She'd been here for about a week with her daughter for a photography workshop I held. I told her she was welcome to come back any time. A month or so later she left her husband and needed a place to stay, called and asked if I was serious. Yep. A week later I flew out and helped her move. I don't know if that counts or not, since it was kinda up in the air whether she'd stay. We just "liked" each other at that point.

After my late wife died I thought about moving to Alaska and sharing a place with an old gf, but it would have just been on a "roommate" basis. I lived in Alaska in the late 60s-early 70s and have been back a few times. I've always missed it and thought seriously about moving back. Now I'd just like to go back for the summer... some time....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships