Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 08:56 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,702,751 times

Advertisements

It's unbelieveable! I went to a bar tonight and met a young, hot, single, hot woman who was not interested in ANYTHING besides the size of my wallet and how many 0's there my in your bank acount. All she wanted to talk about was $$$. Anyone else disgusted by this?

I'm sorry I know there are plenty of nice women who could care less what a person makes but for every one like that there seem to be 5 who do!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2007, 09:05 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,041,460 times
Yes, it's disgusting!

But I think today's gold diggers aren't quite the same as yesterdays. It used to be women who wanted the finer things in life and expected a man to provide them. Now, I think a lot of women want to be sure they are with a man who is willing to pay his own way. There are too many men out there looking for a sugar momma!

Old 06-26-2007, 09:05 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,553,915 times
There are a lot of young women who don't care what you make as long as you have a decent job (career). I doubt you'll find them in a bar, though... Try taking a night class in college or something that gets you out among more normal people. I wouldn't recommend trying to start a relationship with a barfly, but hey, that's just my opinion!

Old 06-26-2007, 09:11 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,233,537 times
SpeedyAZ

try this... next time they ask you what do you do or ask you whatever question that is money related, tell them:

"I'm a professional bum... and I drive a yellow volkswagon, you know the one when you see, you're supposed to punch your friend on his shoulder?"

Or if you don't have a car and use public transportation, even better! say so.

If she walks away, you know she's a golddigger

Old 06-26-2007, 09:19 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,702,751 times
Quote:
There are too many men out there looking for a sugar momma!
Yeah, I guess it is a two-way street.

Quote:
Try taking a night class in college or something that gets you out among more normal people. I wouldn't recommend trying to start a relationship with a barfly, but hey, that's just my opinion!
Ehh but usually the ones that take night classes aren't as attractive.

Quote:
"I'm a professional bum... and I drive a yellow volkswagon, you know the one when you see, you're supposed to punch your friend on his shoulder?"
I may have to try that sometime.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:25 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,271,444 times
She was looking for money, and you were looking for something particular too - "hot, young, hot" and in a bar no less. What did you expect?

Old 06-26-2007, 09:27 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,403,121 times
I've met two men who seemed to be looking for a home. First date "you don't really get to know someone until you live with them." I owned my own home, he lived on base in an apt. in NM. Second date, same thing. End of dates. The other was a musician who offered to clean my home while I went to work. He called me from all over the USA for years and said if I just said the word, he'd be there. No way. Finally I told him I had met a man and was in love. Never heard from him again. Why didn't I think of that earlier? Later found out he also wanted to smoke pot with my teenage kids. It is not just women. There will always be people who want someone else to take care of them.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:43 PM

549 posts, read 2,385,215 times
Umm personally I think it is kind of crass to talk about money, politics, or any other controversial topic with an aquitance.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:20 AM

117 posts, read 507,491 times
Post Hmmmmmmm.....

I know that it might seem as if there are alot of gold-diggers out there. However, I have to believe that there are some settings that they are more likely to be in than others. Instead of going to a bar that attracts, "young,hot, young" women, maybe you could go to a bar that attracts a more professional,upscale clients.

Last edited by chitown68; 06-27-2007 at 07:23 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-27-2007, 12:34 PM

Location: Phoenix...until next week, then Maryland...tick tock tick tock
169 posts, read 607,914 times
heh...you're in Scottsdale, what do you expect? LoL She needs someone to pay for the boobs & the salon & whatever other "upkeep" she may require...

Not all women are like that, but a bar is not a good place to go if you want a relationship that lasts longer than a night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships