Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 09:25 AM

786 posts, read 1,176,747 times

Advertisements

I went for drinks after work with a few coworkers. One of them was a single 20-something... rather attractive. Anyhow, at one point in the convo, she made the statement, "it's all about the money."

Actually, I have no problem with that. At least she knows what she wants. And I knew I didn't have to waste my time anymore. If I had the money, though, I'd have gone after that one without a second thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 09:50 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,038,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
SpeedyAZ

try this... next time they ask you what do you do or ask you whatever question that is money related, tell them:

"I'm a professional bum... and I drive a yellow volkswagon, you know the one when you see, you're supposed to punch your friend on his shoulder?"

Or if you don't have a car and use public transportation, even better! say so.

If she walks away, you know she's a golddigger
Don't make fun of my car! 50MPG and it doesn't cost 6K to replace the battery!

Old 06-28-2007, 03:12 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Speedy, Do get the VW bug, a good classic one or find one that would make a good project. Fix it up, spit shine that baby and take it to the car shows. See the problem w/ THAT car is it does attract SOME women. Women that know a thing or two about cars. Maybe fixing up that 86 would be worth it after all to take to car shows to find a few available women that are into cars too and know a good car when they see it. All that rust, rattles, etc can be cleaned up right nice .

I've seen gold digger men and women. I know of one woman that has all the upkeep and still lives w/ her "husband" even though they are seperated. This marriage was #2 for both and she had a baby w/ him. His other kids are grown. She quit her job to have the baby and does nothing but shops and not for cheap stuff either. She is a total flake and the kid she has is a BRAT!!!! She won't file for divorce because she still calls him her husband and he won't because of the $$$ he'd have to dole out to keep her up in another house.

Then you have the men like I've got that some females in my family married. LMAO!!! My parents did not care for my dh when we dated right out of high school and even too much when we got married but he is the ONLY man in our family that out of all the granddaughters husbands that actually has held the same job for over 15 years, supports his family (actually WANTS and prefers that I stay home and not have a job outside of the house besides working at HIS office when needed) AND he is the only one that will HELP my family if they need it in any way. The others......... NOT! When one calls ME at 8am on a Saturday because her windshield wipers stopped working. WHERE IS YOUR HUSBAND?!?!?!!? When they call their daddy because the car broke down or something at the house is broken. The idiot one moron that has never bought a car in his life (company cars) and REFUSES to buy his wife a car and expects her to pay for her own car, gas, insurance, split the house expenses and expects her to pay for the baby. No joke. She is a teacher and he makes a NICE income but wants to SAVE IT ALL!!! I guess he thinks he can take it with him.

I've told my husband if anything EVER happened to him I would NEVER get married again. I'd be too leary of the men that want to live off the money we worked to dang hard to have to support us. He has made sure that me and the girls will be well taken care of if something did happen and prayerfully nothing ever does but just in case. I'd run from the guys that are afraid of hardwork, dedication, getting their hands dirty, etc. I want one that can tough it out thru all the hard times and come out stronger in the end and appreciate it. I see the grown men that are also looking for the free ride or the easy way. One I know has refused jobs that were offered when he has been out of jobs because he "might get hurt". GEEZ!!! You can get hurt cooking dinner at home. GET A JOB! So to avoid those types of men myself I've vowed to play the arena if God forbid something should ever happen . I'll be the old widow lady hanging out at all the car shows w/ the cool cars If he can't fix my car I sure as heck don't want them "working on me".

Old 06-28-2007, 05:44 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,382,695 times
i have never learned the art of gold digging and never had the desire to...on the other hand, i have gone the opposite "extreme" by marrying men who make a third of what i do, and they all caused me to go dirt broke trying to support them and their "toys"......i had to buy my own wedding rings, never had a dinner paid for by any of them. i was the main breadwinner. i have found that alot of us registered nurses seem to get into that cycle-i reckon its the caretaking nurturing thing. but i have had enough, at my age, i dont have the energy to financially support another man. i work Emergency Room and i work my butt off........it would be really nice to be treated to a nice dinner every now and then, be spoiled. but i wont be digging for gold, but would prefer to find a man whos income at least matches mine........

Old 06-29-2007, 08:38 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,427,295 times
I took this girl out years ago and I knew in advance from a friend she was a gold-digger, she was a known gold-digger ... I took her out to a really nice and really expensive restaurant, she ordered one of the most pricey dishes, fine wine, I ordered the most expensive thing on the menu and the bill was headed skyward ... knowing she was a gold-digger and that she had drained my friends bank account pretty fast my friends and I wanted to treat her to a little gift ... so half way through the meal I went to make a call, this predated cell phones and I left and stuck her with the bill and cab fare.

She found me with my friends a few days later, she cussed me and all that as we stood there laughing. Even a few of her friends told us she deserved it. Didn't see her around much after that, guess she moved on the green pastures as field she was in was tapped out.

Yeah I felt a little bit bad about it, but I got over it.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:04 AM

7 posts, read 93,727 times
I think it goes both ways as far as gold diggers go. A bar is no place to be trying to meet a nice, normal kind of person. Bars are only good for 2 things, getting drunk with your friends & picking up people who just want something(ie: $, fun, sex)
In Naples, our biggest problem is not having many places to meet people. We have a good # of bars, but unless you go to church, or night school, unless you have friends who have other friends....there's really no place to meet people

Old 07-02-2007, 07:33 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
It's unbelieveable! I went to a bar tonight and met a young, hot, single, hot woman who was not interested in ANYTHING besides the size of my wallet and how many 0's there my in your bank acount. All she wanted to talk about was $$$. Anyone else disgusted by this?

I'm sorry I know there are plenty of nice women who could care less what a person makes but for every one like that there seem to be 5 who do!
Do u really expect "gold-digging" females to come forward and identify themselves so they can be pursecuted by the masses? I don't think so Maybe u were interested in that female for the same reason so as to speak as she was interested in u. I mean how many plain Janes or un-hhot not so young babes did u sit down and talk to? U went for her because she was "young, hot and single." When u r going for the hottest young babes u r going after them for one thing too. Turn about is fair play. If u go for the hot young chicks then expect to pay the price.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:17 PM

358 posts, read 916,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
It's unbelieveable! I went to a bar tonight and met a young, hot, single, hot woman who was not interested in ANYTHING besides the size of my wallet and how many 0's there my in your bank acount. All she wanted to talk about was $$$. Anyone else disgusted by this?
Perhaps she's just as disgusted by men who label women only in sexual terms.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:32 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,887 times
The question:

How many gold digging women are there out there?

The answer: About the same number of UGLY men with money who are TOO stupid to realize the only reason the woman is with them is for the money...

Example: Donald Trump

Old 07-04-2007, 11:03 PM

786 posts, read 1,176,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
The question:

How many gold digging women are there out there?

The answer: About the same number of UGLY men with money who are TOO stupid to realize the only reason the woman is with them is for the money...

Example: Donald Trump
No, Donald Trump knows exactly what the score is with the women in his life. He is very conscious of the fact that his wealth avails him to the company of women that would otherwise be out of his reach. The Donald advises all men to have a prenuptial agreement in his book, "The Art of the Comeback". Stupid would be if he didn't get the prenup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships