Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2011, 09:07 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,158,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
She needs to reduce her Calorie intake by about 32,000 for a long freaking time.

It is one thing to go from a size 8 to a size 18... But there are extremes that are downright dangerous.

How did that plate of cookies get in the house?

How did she turn her "young son" (he's 19, why isn't he at college taking care of HIMSELF) into her drug-runner -- because for her, clearly food is her drug, and she even admits it.

If she can't get out of the house to get her own food, NOBODY SHOULD BE BRINGING IT IN. She should be forced to go out and WALK. Walk to the store (hide the car keys). Carry her own grocery bags. Don't let her order out. Disconnect the house phone, son should use only his cell phone.

If you think that's cruel, consider that many of us thin people live like that anyway -- walk a lot, carry our own bags.

If anyone cares about this family, they need an intervention. Son needs to get out, the mom is dragging him down into her nasty ill pit.

Morbidly obese people like this are like any other addict, whether it's tobacco, alcohol, drugs or food. Just selfish, think the world should put up with their bad habits, and sucking up more resources than others.

Who do you think is going to pay for this woman's long-term health care? You and me, baby. And that extra-large wheelchair, diabetic amputations, and gigantic casket. Fat people, you're welcome. Have another cookie on us.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:27 AM

102 posts, read 170,509 times
[quote=macgeek;18663382]And now lets put the shoe on the other foot here, what about overweight couples, and one of them has weight loss surgery and becomes thin (or thinner) and the relationship crumbles.

This is a common occurence in such situations. Many times a large weight-loss brings other things into the picture such as a renewed sense of self-esteem, more physical energy (thus new interests), motivation. The remaining overweight spouse may become less appealing in ways other than just physical.

Sex is very important in a relationship, but how many times have I heard sex refereed to as "My wifey duties" That's dishonest and the path to a end of a relationship, If you lose honesty in a relationship everything follows..

Yes, it's the "bait & switch" which has been around forever. I'm a woman here, but I'm sure there are many men out there who can attest that their partners put a variety of things on the sex menu before marriage, then after the "I Do's" the menu turns into a one-course blue plate special, right? I've seen too many women who, once that ring gets secured on the finger, let themselves go physically, ignore or withhold sex, and basically act whatever way they choose because they now think they can. As a woman I don't think it's right for either partner to do. It's a misrepresentation and extremely unfair to the other spouse. Unfortunately, many people are stuck in these marriages due to financial reasons...getting divorced can be financially unviable (supporting two homes, dividing assets, etc.) or moral reasons such as the children, religion, family shame, etc.

I've been married before and was confident I tried my best to be a great spouse. I just married the wrong person for me. I would never expect my spouse to be perfect of course, we're both human. I do take vows seriously and wouldn't think to bail out when life's difficulties hit...and as another poster said, there are inevitable changes that come in long-term marriages that we know to expect: aging, gray hair, wrinkles, declining health, etc. BUT --- if I ever married a man who did a 360 on me after the wedding and decided he no longer was interested in sex, gained 100 lbs, watched tv 24/7, or decided to change the landscape of our coupling drastically -- I would be out the door. I would give him the benefit of the doubt at first to try and figure out what was going on ... talk, communicate, seek professional medical help, but if nothing changed and this was simply the way he decided to live his life now, no-sir-ee. Bait & Switch. Contract voided.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:46 AM

1,695 posts, read 4,676,402 times
I married my husband because I LOVE HIM. not his pant size. I dont care if hes 160 lbs or 260 lbs.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:58 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,974 times
Quote:
Morbidly obese people like this are like any other addict, whether it's tobacco, alcohol, drugs or food. Just selfish, think the world should put up with their bad habits, and sucking up more resources than others.

Who do you think is going to pay for this woman's long-term health care? You and me, baby. And that extra-large wheelchair, diabetic amputations, and gigantic casket. Fat people, you're welcome. Have another cookie on us.
BRAVO! Beautifully well said.

Fat people are now lobbying for laws to prevent discriminating against them. I guess they don't see that being fat is a choice. When minorities, women, handicapped people, etc. have been discriminated against, they didn't have a choice in the matter. No one chooses to be in a wheelchair, for instance.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:03 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,974 times
Quote:
Men divorce fat women all day long and twice on Sundays.
How many have you personally known who have done this?

I bet the answer is "none." Think about it. Can you name any friend or acquaintance who divorced their spouse because they were a Beluga?

People stuck with fat spouses complain bitterly (and justifiably) over this, but I've known anyone to divorce them because of it. And just as many women hate their fat husbands as vice versa.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:18 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Amen - damn straight! Same reason I dumped my ex-hub - he developed this unsightly bald patch on the top and back of his head. And here I was thinking WTF?!? I didn't enter into the marriage to be stuck with a balding loser. As if.
Really. If my man ever ages, I'm leaving him, too. He was 29 when we met, and if he ever looks any different from that, I'm kicking him to the curb. Nerve of any man, to think of getting older.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:26 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Because Americans are fat, most will defend lard.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:30 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Love may be unconditional, but attraction is not.

All the people in this thread supporting fat people and making excuses for fatties are obviously overweight themselves and defensive about it. If both partners are fat and fine with that, then there's no problem. There is a huge problem if one partner remains fit and the other balloons into an obese hog. There is NO excuse for this.

I run 60 miles a week mostly because I refuse to get fat as I get older. I still wear the same jeans I wore at 18 and that was almost 30 years ago. People who get fat while their spouse stays thin are lazy, clueless and if they get cheated on, too bad. Obesity is something that you can control if you have any self-control.

There is nothing shallow about wanting a fit person as your spouse. There is nothing shallow about being grossed out by fat people. Watching American Idol is "shallow," not wanting a fit body next to you in bed!

You are one shallow, superficial -----.

While I understand you wanting to be fit, and you wanting to be with someone who is fit, I do not understand your nasty, condescending overall tone. There is NO excuse for that.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:06 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,158,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
If someone divorces over weight, they never loved them to begin with. I would say good riddance.
I would say they didn't divorce "over weight", they divorced because

he discovered she was having an affair with both Ben & Jerry!

because one or the other thought what was behind the refrigerator door was more interesting than what was behind the bedroom door

because weekend 'quiet time' means getting cozy with nachos, TV, and an extra-large pizza

because when he takes her out to dinner she isn't in a hurry to finish the meal (and if she finishes the WHOLE entree at, say Olive Garden, you have been given a sign)

Old 04-10-2011, 12:12 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
If she's too heavy for me to pick up, then she's too heavy. Otherwise, no. My wife outweighed me by at least 40 pounds--but I could still pick her up and carry her.

Another point--some men have no room to talk about their wives getting fat when they've indulged in far too many Big Gulps and have a beer belly that they could use as a flotation device.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships