Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2011, 08:29 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,526,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Working out too late in the evening is a great way to ruin your sleep cycle.

Just thought I'd mention it. It's generally a bad idea to work out less than 4 hours before you want to go to sleep.
I know, but it's better than not working outat all.

Besides, I've given up having a healthy sleep routine since I'm like...4. I have gotten used to sleep deprivation

Last edited by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin; 04-21-2011 at 08:46 PM..

Old 04-21-2011, 08:38 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Working out too late in the evening is a great way to ruin your sleep cycle.

Just thought I'd mention it. It's generally a bad idea to work out less than 4 hours before you want to go to sleep.
I've gone running at midnight, come in and taken a shower and gone straight to bed. Also been at the gym many nights until closing (11pm) and went home to bed. It's never kept me up. I think by that time I am worn out enough it doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Regular physical activity, especially aerobic exercise, can help you fall asleep faster and make your sleep more restful. However, for some people, exercising right before bed may make getting to sleep more difficult.
[/indent]Its not generally a bad idea at all. Its another myth. Some people may have a problem, and its only a problem if it happens. Its never happened to me therefore its not a bad idea for me. Its also a very bad idea not to exercise if you are having trouble sleeping seeing as it is recommend.
Yup. What he said.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:45 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,526,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Cute. Anyone that knows their way around a recipe can read THAT one and see that the prep time is more than 15 mins. It takes at least 30 minute to make decent mashed potatoes. You can find recipes that take 2 hours...easy.
I'm amazed at how you're trying to make a basic cheap meal look like fine cuisine.

You need to stop assuming I'm some neardenthal who doesn't know his way around a house, as evidenced by your earlier statements, and that your stories are fooling me.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:47 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
I can't exercise at night. I will but then I'm up until 3 or 4 in the morning, watching the clock, hoping that I won't see the next hour change on it. Then I finally just get up and do something quiet. By noon my eyeballs are rolling.

That is why I absolutely HATE to miss my workout in the late morning. Anything after 8pm for me is a bad idea. My husband can do it...he usually starts at 9pm and then he showers and nods right off.

The baby thing, I can totally commiserate with you! I was supposed to be on bedrest with my last baby because of complete placenta previa. I did "modified" bedrest which was the best I could do.

Do you know how hard it is to sit on your rear and do NOTHING with 3 other kids running around. Obviously I watched them, and cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner but that was it! No vacuuming, no sweeping, no washing floors...cook, feed and go back to laying down on the couch or laying on the louge chair outside, or laying on the bed. I gained 40lbs with that baby and I felt like I had no muscle left in my body when I delviered.

But, the weight comes off!!! I nursed all of my kids and by the time I went for my 6 week follow-up appt. with each of them I had lost all the weight from the pregnancies. Then I went on to lose another 40lbs by the time the last one was 8 months old.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:08 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I take the new haven line to and fro work every day.

I bet you do the harlem line

Don't you HATE the people who are already huge and have their bags occupying the rest of the seat when many people are standing and latecomers are looking to find a seat, and they make no effort to move their bags. Their attitude I guess.
Yup - I do the Harlem line. I HATE it when people don't move their bags!!! Drives me crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Don't take all the stress to the baby inside You can get back in shape after you deliver
I'm trying! One of my pregnancy books keeps saying to tell yourself, "Surrender Dorothy!" from the Wizard of Oz. I keep repeating that to myself over and over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Congratulations!!!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post

Do you know how hard it is to sit on your rear and do NOTHING with 3 other kids running around. Obviously I watched them, and cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner but that was it! No vacuuming, no sweeping, no washing floors...cook, feed and go back to laying down on the couch or laying on the louge chair outside, or laying on the bed. I gained 40lbs with that baby and I felt like I had no muscle left in my body when I delviered.

But, the weight comes off!!! I nursed all of my kids and by the time I went for my 6 week follow-up appt. with each of them I had lost all the weight from the pregnancies. Then I went on to lose another 40lbs by the time the last one was 8 months old.
One of my neighbors was on complete bedrest during most of her pregnancy, too. I can't even fathom how hard that must be!!! I'm breast feeding for sure - anything to help take the weight off!

Oh - and if I exercise too late at night, it keeps me up, too!

Old 04-21-2011, 09:21 PM

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
I'm amazed at how you're trying to make a basic cheap meal look like fine cuisine.

You need to stop assuming I'm some neardenthal who doesn't know his way around a house, as evidenced by your earlier statements, and that your stories are fooling me.
Who said anything about "fine cuisine"? If I want that, I'll go out to eat. You can make many different versions of the same dish - surely you know that. A "basic cheap meal"? Sure, it can be...but I don't make it like that. My sister does....she makes a super simple one. Probably in under 30 minutes. But I don't like that version, so I'm sticking with the one that I found. We love it.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:27 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post

One of my neighbors was on complete bedrest during most of her pregnancy, too. I can't even fathom how hard that must be!!! I'm breast feeding for sure - anything to help take the weight off!

Oh - and if I exercise too late at night, it keeps me up, too!
I was supposed to be on complete bedrest, but we had no family that could come stay with us so my doc allowed "modified" bedrest knowing that I was "experienced" with pregnacy.

At first sight of spotting, blood or any kind of contx (even braxton hicks) I was to be admitted to the hosp to continue the remainder of the pregnancy or deliver, whichever was warranted. It was a stressful time indeed!

Old 04-21-2011, 09:27 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Look...I can make a healthy, wholesome, tasty meal from scratch - from prep to clean-up (though my clean-up secret is that I clean up the entire time as I go along) - in less than an hour.

In fact, I did it tonight...my parents came over for dinner. My wife loves everything I make, my guests always rave (and come back over and over), so I am guessing these meals taste pretty good, too.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Look...I can make a healthy, wholesome, tasty meal from scratch - from prep to clean-up (though my clean-up secret is that I clean up the entire time as I go along) - in less than an hour.

In fact, I did it tonight...my parents came over for dinner. My wife loves everything I make, my guests always rave (and come back over and over), so I am guessing these meals taste pretty good, too.
I can too. Easily.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:29 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
[

Who said anything about "fine cuisine"? If I want that, I'll go out to eat. You can make many different versions of the same dish - surely you know that. A "basic cheap meal"? Sure, it can be...but I don't make it like that. My sister does....she makes a super simple one. Probably in under 30 minutes. But I don't like that version, so I'm sticking with the one that I found. We love it.
I love to cook! I cook all the time now that we moved into a house from a studio apartment and we have a nice, big kitchen! However - it takes me a long time to make meals and even longer to clean up! I'm not a neat person. My husband says it looks like a tornado has hit the kitchen whenever I've been cooking! And a lot of it usually ends up on my clothes, in my hair, on the floor, on the dog! But the food tastes really good - and that's all that matters - right! It rarely takes me less than an hour to make dinner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships