Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2011, 02:16 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I used the term "women" because I generally don't discuss housework with men. I stand by my earlier point. Your idea of clean differs from mine..
And you know that how?

Quote:
Keeping teenagers fed is like feeding food into a garbage disposal. Meal preparation is absolutely more time consuming.
My mother had four 6 feet + boys and she said while we ate a lot, she sees no difference between cooking for herself...it's just more quantities.

Quote:
Now you are showing us the kind of person you are. Thanks for that. "Filling a lunchbox" is not exactly what I do. The only thing that is NOT homemade, in my son's lunches, is the fruit.
lol, give me a break. Semantics, plus I'm ESL. I already said I only have raw products at home, though lately I myself been eating processed crap a lot at the office cafeteria.

Quote:
The very last "big" meal I made, for one. Shepherd's pie. Frankly I am floored that anyone that suggests that they enjoy cooking, finds it difficult to spend over an hour cooking a meal. Really. And we haven't even discussed baking...yeesh.
LOLOL, Sheperd's Pie takes you an hour to prepare? Do you do it with your feet? Hey look: Shepherd's Pie Recipe - How to make shepherds pie recipe 15 min! That's food children can make and you use that as an example...

Meh...this isn't worth it.

Look, you are quite the martyr and your house is considerably cleaner than our pig styes and you cook five stories high Shepard Pie that take 12 hours to make.

Satisfied?

Old 04-21-2011, 02:23 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times
Quote:
ChessieMom
The very last "big" meal I made, for one. Shepherd's pie. Frankly I am floored that anyone that suggests that they enjoy cooking, finds it difficult to spend over an hour cooking a meal. Really. And we haven't even discussed baking...yeesh.

GeorgeLucasLongLostChin:
LOLOL, Sheperd's Pie takes you an hour to prepare? Do you do it with your feet? Hey look: Shepherd's Pie Recipe - How to make shepherds pie recipe 15 min! That's food children can make and you use that as an example...
George you are funny as well my friend. LMBO!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-21-2011, 02:24 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,884 times
It has been said that men are about sex and a sandwich. If this has any validity, how detrimental would it be to take away half, or more, of the equation?

I have always valued attitude highly in the equation of attraction. A thin, diet / workout obsessed woman is way less appealing than a robust, fun loving and active one. Still, there are thresholds and other extreme considerations (chronic health issues etc.). But clearly, it seems that if a woman gains weight, and her self image suffers, her willingness to have sex wanes. You may still love her but then what?

Old 04-21-2011, 02:44 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
It has been said that men are about sex and a sandwich. If this has any validity, how detrimental would it be to take away half, or more, of the equation?

I have always valued attitude highly in the equation of attraction. A thin, diet / workout obsessed woman is way less appealing than a robust, fun loving and active one. Still, there are thresholds and other extreme considerations (chronic health issues etc.). But clearly, it seems that if a woman gains weight, and her self image suffers, her willingness to have sex wanes. You may still love her but then what?
Good point. As a woman, how turned on or sexy I feel depends on two factors:

1. Tiredness/stress level
2. My self image

If I don't think I look sexy, for some reason, that translates to low libido.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:07 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
Cute. Anyone that knows their way around a recipe can read THAT one and see that the prep time is more than 15 mins. It takes at least 30 minute to make decent mashed potatoes. You can find recipes that take 2 hours...easy.

But more to the point...why you think that my recipe would be one that YOU would use, is beyond me. And why you think that I look for the simplest quickest things to make, is also beyond me. Oh...that's right...you are the "superior" one here...not I.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:50 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
My GF's 10 year old enjoys sports...he stays after school. And if really really wants to try other activities, he better be serious about it. We know a private and reliable cab driver who picks him up. We got rid of our cars to walk/bike more so we can easily afford it.

And what do you mean by nice evenings? I suppose your kids go to bed at a normal time. You should be able to go work out or do chores afterwards.
Working out too late in the evening is a great way to ruin your sleep cycle.

Just thought I'd mention it. It's generally a bad idea to work out less than 4 hours before you want to go to sleep.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:01 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Good point. As a woman, how turned on or sexy I feel depends on two factors:

1. Tiredness/stress level
2. My self image

If I don't think I look sexy, for some reason, that translates to low libido.
Couple that with natural changes that make it tougher to burn fat and hormonal changes that supposedly reduce libido and...well...the fit hits the shan so-to-speak.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:10 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Working out too late in the evening is a great way to ruin your sleep cycle.

Just thought I'd mention it. It's generally a bad idea to work out less than 4 hours before you want to go to sleep.
Yzette,

Glad to see an argument, but it sure seems to have a heavy bias. If you have trouble sleeping, exercise is the answer.

10 tips for better sleep - MayoClinic.com
Exercise regularly. Regular physical activity, especially aerobic exercise, can help you fall asleep faster and make your sleep more restful. However, for some people, exercising right before bed may make getting to sleep more difficult.
Its not generally a bad idea at all. Its another myth. Some people may have a problem, and its only a problem if it happens. Its never happened to me therefore its not a bad idea for me. Its also a very bad idea not to exercise if you are having trouble sleeping seeing as it is recommend.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:20 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Overweight Americans throwing off safety of city buses - USATODAY.com
The Federal Transit Authority (FTA) proposes raising the assumed average weight per bus passenger from 150 pounds to 175 pounds, which could mean that across the country, fewer people will be allowed on a city transit bus.

I guess we are of a more normal weight than we have ever been.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:49 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Overweight Americans throwing off safety of city buses - USATODAY.com
The Federal Transit Authority (FTA) proposes raising the assumed average weight per bus passenger from 150 pounds to 175 pounds, which could mean that across the country, fewer people will be allowed on a city transit bus.

I guess we are of a more normal weight than we have ever been.
No kidding. I'm sitting right next to a fat guy on the metro north train who's occupying more than half of a three passenger seat and it's a three passenger seat for Pete's sake. Yikes.

Anyway, this once happened on the city bus. A bus going through downtown NYC, and I was all by myself on a 2 passenger seat. The bus stopped and people boarded and this very overweight dame approached my area and she looked at the empty seat beside me longingly. And I got up with a smile and she occupied 3/4th of the two passenger seat.

I prepared to sit and then stopped coz I noticed if I were to sit, one of my bun cheeks will be hanging in the air, like hanging on top of a cliff, that would be quite the feeling for a dude's buns, so I simply stood and held the holding bars.

She saw this and said, "Oh no, sweetie, I didn't mean to dislodge you"

I responded, "Not at all, I'm fine up here, thank you"

"You know I feel bad, come sit here"

And she pushes her best effort to give room, yet the space will still accommodate one bun cheek only.

"It's alright, thank you, I'm quite comfortable standing"

"You know you're SO rude"

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat

I asked myself several times if what I did that day was actually rude. I was pretty sure she found it all embarrassing before spectators. But I can't imagine myself squeezing my buns into a hole....

My buns or Mr. Nice Guy?!?!? Easy choice there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships