Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 10:32 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebanker View Post
UPDATE:

After talking & nagging etc, it looks like this is a battle I won't win. He insists on a "third party" having a spare key "just in case'. I said lets compromise & have a friend, not ur mom keep the keys. Mama's boy still won't barge. I'm not willing to go put up a fight with his mother & demand the keys back as she is innocent in that she did not steal them from the house but my SO willingly gave them to her.

He however says that he told her NOT to come in announced or without knocking. In the meantime, I will put an inside key/wenchie. Thanks you everybody for that tip as I had not thought of it.

Ideally I would have loved to move out for a good two months or so till ALL my demands are met. But this is probably not possible so as of today I'm withdrawing sexual services from him, sleeping in separate bedrooms, talking to him only when necessary & when he is downstairs I intend to be upstairs.

Games are for children...you are about to be someone's mother, I suggest you act like an adult, quit your pouting and temper tantruming and figure out how you are going to live with this "mama's boy". Or perhaps, how you are going to live without him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 03:39 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,816,936 times
Banker, you just need to go home.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:44 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Quote:
UPDATE:

After talking & nagging etc, it looks like this is a battle I won't win. He insists on a "third party" having a spare key "just in case'. I said lets compromise & have a friend, not ur mom keep the keys. Mama's boy still won't barge. I'm not willing to go put up a fight with his mother & demand the keys back as she is innocent in that she did not steal them from the house but my SO willingly gave them to her.

He however says that he told her NOT to come in announced or without knocking. In the meantime, I will put an inside key/wenchie. Thanks you everybody for that tip as I had not thought of it.

Ideally I would have loved to move out for a good two months or so till ALL my demands are met. But this is probably not possible so as of today I'm withdrawing sexual services from him, sleeping in separate bedrooms, talking to him only when necessary & when he is downstairs I intend to be upstairs.
You guys aren't even married yet and you're going to play the sex card with him? Pleeeezzzze don't get married. (to each other). It doesn't look good from here.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:50 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
My SO is 40 and we live together. Before I moved in, his mother always had an extra key "just in case he lost his keys or if there was an emergency". ( These are his words!)

Fast forward to me living with him now. I want him to get the keys from his mother. This is for privacy reasons. She has opened the door without knocking twice. That is, she came over to where we live & opened the door ...used her keys to let herself in...no knock, no prior phonecall ...nothing!

Once she even just opened the door to where we live without knocking & found me Moderator cut: .. . You would think my SO would of gotten the keys back after that incident.

The house belongs to my SO as I do not contribute financially ( not working and also pregnant).
I feel like these people (him and his mother) are disrespecting me because it is "his" house not "our" house since he pays the mortage & I don't. We are not legally married. Living together & expecting a child.

So I want him to get the spare key from his mother as I'm not comfortable with another woman having the keys to where I live. He feels that since I'm pregnant for the first time I might need his mother to have the keys in case of "pregnancy emergencies". My take is that if there is an emergency I'll call 911.

I said lets compromise & have a spare set of keys in a safety deposit box @ the bank not with his mother. He refuses.

Am I wrong for wanting the keys back? If I lose my keys my SO has the keys & vice versa so I feel we dont need third parties aka his mother keeping a spare key.

I'm so mad. Please help. I feel like choking him right now

Thanks
Girl friends are not wives. Wives are (relatively speaking)permanent, girl friends are not. Girl Friends have nothing to say about how someone lives their life. They may not be there next week.

Mother's deserve all the respect that a child can give them. It is an act of respect to entrust the keys to the mother.

Girl friends should button up, or next week might come sooner than expected.

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-25-2009, 04:10 PM

326 posts, read 880,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Girl friends are not wives. Wives are (relatively speaking)permanent, girl friends are not. Girl Friends have nothing to say about how someone lives their life. They may not be there next week.

Mother's deserve all the respect that a child can give them. It is an act of respect to entrust the keys to the mother.

Girl friends should button up, or next week might come sooner than expected.

20yrsinBranson
We are engaged. I'm more than a girlfriend.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:14 PM

326 posts, read 880,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Banker, you just need to go home.

I can not go back to Canada. We paid over $6000 to ship my stuff here etc. I am pregnant, not even allowed to fly. Walking back there would take me a while.

If I could go back home I wouldn't have to play the "withdrawal of sex" game.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:16 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
You guys aren't even married yet and you're going to play the sex card with him? Pleeeezzzze don't get married. (to each other). It doesn't look good from here.

No doubt I read posts like the OP's and I'm thankful for Mrs. Chow, the OP is dripping with hostility, calling her boy friend a "Mama's boy."

She starting to play games with sex and acting like "Daddies girl" with the tantrums.

Hopefully the wedding will last longer that the warranty of the wedding gifts does.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:20 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
6 years together? So ask him, what's yours is yours and mine is mine?
ugh!

I say he needs to cut the cord with his mother or the apron strings!!!!!!

You can have a key for his mother BUT she needs to respect your privacy!! That is rude to come barging in. Your better half needs to stand up to his mother. He is whipped!!sadly!

Old 04-25-2009, 05:45 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
No doubt I read posts like the OP's and I'm thankful for Mrs. Chow, the OP is dripping with hostility, calling her boy friend a "Mama's boy."

She starting to play games with sex and acting like "Daddies girl" with the tantrums.

Hopefully the wedding will last longer that the warranty of the wedding gifts does.
Well it sounds like the sex thing is just part of withdrawing from the guy altogether because he is just not listening or respecting her. It's kind of difficult to "do it" when you're not in the same room.

Old 04-25-2009, 05:50 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Well it sounds like the sex thing is just part of withdrawing from the guy altogether because he is just not listening or respecting her. It's kind of difficult to "do it" when you're not in the same room.
What if he has a really long..........

J/K

I hope they work it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships