Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2009, 01:17 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,994,125 times

Advertisements

Well niceguy's post was a little blunt and rough around the edges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Nothing will, apparently. He thinks the long post by Niceguy89 is some kind of an insult to him. It's really hard to take any of this seriously - except for the violence part.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:18 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,226,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
well, from today i am different. I am not angry any more.
Oh, don't be stupid. Of course you're angry. Let's see. The title of this thread is "...what is a good way to tell them you hate them and hope they burn in hell."

Heck, if that's not anger, I'd hate to see you when you were. This has to be a troll thread, because no 29-year-old could be this irrational.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:20 PM

Have you never seen or heard of people get angry and cussing at each or saying irrational things to each other in arguments? Couples on the brink of divorce do it.

Here are some examples seen on the media: Wife Swap, The Osbourne's , Jerry Springer Show, Dr. Phil Show, etc.

People say irrational things when angry, or irritated it's not totally uncommon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post

Heck, if that's not anger, I'd hate to see you when you were. This has to be a troll thread, because no 29-year-old could be this irrational.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:28 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,226,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Have you never seen or heard of people get angry and cussing at each or saying irrational things to each other in arguments? Couples on the brink of divorce do it.

Here are some examples seen on the media: Wife Swap, The Osbourne's , Jerry Springer Show, Dr. Phil Show, etc.

People say irrational things when angry, or irritated it's not totally uncommon.
Oh, Arty. I don't have time to watch shallow crap like that on TV. However, I do have the perspective a 46-year-old, which means I have a hair-trigger BS detector. When somebody's posting this stuff and then denies having anger issues, then he's either pulling a fast one on us, or he has anger issues that he's too blind to see.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:32 PM

He already admitted to having anger issues. So I'm not sure why you are on his case.

I think the OP was saying he didn't feel angry that day he posted. Obviously anger can come and go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Oh, Arty. I don't have time to watch shallow crap like that on TV. However, I do have the perspective a 46-year-old, which means I have a hair-trigger BS detector. When somebody's posting this stuff and then denies having anger issues, then he's either pulling a fast one on us, or he has anger issues that he's too blind to see.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:33 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,368,483 times
I always use a singing telegram for those kinds of messages.

Something like, "I'll be glad when you dead you rascal you..."

Old 05-08-2009, 02:40 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,024,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy89 View Post
A What I see as the mentality of a weak person:
"The first and last one cheated, i had bad luck with the middle one, and I was injured while facing the other two. otherwise I might have won one or a few of them, and also you gotta know how to lose to know how to win"

B Is of course the one I'm in a hate-love relationship with;
Bad things are gonna happen, your are gonna be injured, you are gonna have bad luck, you will have cheating oponents, But this can never be an excuse to let failure happen. Failure and success will both always happen, but its up to me to make the successes a majority in quality and quantity.

Good luck.
When you get older you will realise that definitions like "failure" and "success" are meaningless. In any situation, if you enjoyed your life and learned something, that is good. If you accepted that not everything is perfect and never will be , your acceptance will bring you peace. It is not a lack of willing to improve, but to understand that we can't always make something "better" when we don't understand it.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Most people who have considered themselves "successful" in this modern capitalistic world have all the more hastened destruction of their environment, because their idea of "success" was fulfilling their ego. You sound much like this pardon the criticism.

Those idealistic "mentalities" are all well and good but REALITY, as I am a realist as you will see in my profile, suggests that things will rarely, if ever be objectively "perfect". Success and failure are totally relative depending on perspective. Very little anybody has ever considered successful on this planet is successful in regards to spiritual progression. Fulfilling ego "being successful for yourself" certinaly is not "objectively successful".

Us humans are a very weak bunch of uncivilased creatures, destroying what we don't understand, as has happened through the ages, and what we consider "success" is generally futile and useless in the big scheme of the universe.

A manufacturer of plastic bags would consider it a success to have produced a certain number to a deadline, but that's their defination of success. At the same time they have contributed to destruction of the planet which means its actually a "failure" in the big sense.

So, I don't even have definitions for "failure" and "success", there are no solid definitions. My key word is "acceptance".

What you write cannot change anybody. They can only change themselves, by first accepting the situation and understanding it, then changing it. Do you understand?

Viewing things as either a "failure" or a "success" in situations like this is futile. Maybe for an exam they are useful definitions, but not for life matters.

In the OP's situation though, he seems to be bringing it all onto himself in this case, I would say he is in an undesirable condition brought upon by self hatred and possibly jealous of other people he considers normal.

Last edited by RichardW; 05-08-2009 at 02:49 PM..

Old 05-08-2009, 02:45 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,016,956 times
Quote:

Well, this isn't a case of something he said off the cuff in the heat of the moment. Since he started this thread, he has reiterated over and over again, "Yes, I want them to burn in hell." I'm happy he is pursuing the kind of help he needs.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:01 PM

So if he has self love then all the problems would go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardW View Post
In the OP's situation though, he seems to be bringing it all onto himself in this case, I would say he is in an undesirable condition brought upon by self hatred and possibly jealous of other people he considers normal.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:14 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,024,608 times
Quote:
So if he has self love then all the problems would go away.
"Self Love" is often times considered synonymous with "acceptance" of who you are. It is NOT the same thing as "ego". But accepting what you are like at the moment, making peace with it, understanding where you are now and picturing the desirable situation, then learning how to achieve it. It is largely about altering mind states, which are extremely powerful things.

Negative mind states, including self hatred, are self-perpetuating, as everything that will happen to you is a reflection of this mind state. Blaming everything on others is a way of weasiling out of the fact that one is perpetuating the problems with those very thoughts!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships