Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 12:08 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,585,560 times

Advertisements

Not everyone has "the job" to afford their own apartment $$ comfortably dependent on what part of the country one lives in.

Then comes to either sharing an apartment with a stranger or live with family.

It seems these days to the ones not liking other ones that don't live in their own apartment that the small percentage of which rather one live with a stranger than with parent(s) that love, cherish and that one gets along fine with. It seems it's more a privacy issue IMO with some as well as some (at least "some") selfishness when knocking someone who lives in these type arrangements. Having said this, even the ones that can afford their own place and earn good $$$ shouldn't have to be "dictated" by the crooked society how and where to live.

I see many people in their 40's an up with increased percentages either looking to share an apartment, have a room for rent or moving to live with their family from having their own apartment.

So one may say for these people to work multiple jobs just so to have their own apartment and to "impress" or "satisfy" someones requirements.

If this was me, well my first response to this thread would explain to an extent such.

There must be posters here that are well-off or have a nice income to have the narrow-minded attitude which is left by their posts - IMO a good percentage of these people need to be humbled, that's right I said it humbled!
For your sake, I hope you're never in that position of a financial shortfall whichever way it comes.

I reside in an affluent area but also surrounded by working "middle class" people struggling to get ahead, so I do understand where they're all coming from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 05:08 PM

328 posts, read 573,748 times
The question is WHY? If its to help them out, then its all good. If its because its cheaper for you and you like Mom's home cooking, then it might be time to move out ;O)

Old 09-27-2009, 05:38 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,124,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
It depends on why you live with your parents. Are you saving to buy a house, or recently divorced? If it's for financial reasons other than just being a slob that doesn't have any motivation, then no, it isn't a dealbreaker. Although, it might be awkward if you date someone that also doesn't have privacy at their place. If you want to get intimate, what are you going to do, go to a hotel? Or are you that guy I saw getting a ticket for public indecency behind burger king last week? Hmm.
LMAO at the last statement. Oh goodness. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA LOLMAO

Old 09-27-2009, 05:54 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,905,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
LMAO at the last statement. Oh goodness. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA LOLMAO
Like that one eh? I bet you wouldn't be laughing if it was your pinto being towed away, underwear still hanging off the bumper.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:12 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,860,255 times
Default Things Are That Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
Or are you that guy I saw getting a ticket for public indecency behind burger king last week?
He was actually living in that dumpster with his parents?

Old 12-02-2009, 06:31 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,124,933 times
Putting myself in some people's shoes, If I'm trying to better myself and a prospective woman was only looking at the fact that I stay with my parents, then she can keep it moving that way. My parents taught me everything I needed to know about independence because they always said "Mom and Dad won't be with you always" so I've been handling mine ever since I started living on my own. While I do value an independent woman, if she was living with her parents and got along great with them, but she was working her way through grad school or something, I would overlook that as long as she was intent on leaving the nest.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:38 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,495,144 times
When I was 22-23 fresh out of college I was living at home and it was a deal breaker to bar tramps, but girls I would meet at work took kinder to it. So I think living at home is a deal breaker if you are just trying to get laid after a night out at a bar, but if you are aiming to foster a serious relationship with a self respecting adult woman, I would say you are ok at 25 living at home, as long as you are planning to leave---eventually.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:11 PM

62 posts, read 165,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
I am twenty five and live with my parents. I get along great with them.

I lived with them while completing my undergraduate degree and masters degree. And I have ZERO student loans to show for it.

All of my friends are moving out to look cool and they are barely able to pay their rent.

I will have zero student loans/debt and will be able to make a huge down payment on my own house within the next 2 years.

And that will be while everyone else is drowning in student loan interest and is still renting an apartment
I totally agree...What you are doing is a very smart investment towards your future. Wow I also wanted to mention how lucky you are to have parents that care about you enough to help you out.

I was an orphan...picked up from the sewer by some MP's. So I find it strange and surreal to even think of how great it would have been to have support like that.

I had to work 2 jobs, up until I was 28 just to pay for school and rent. So I say if you have the opportunity to live with your parents to get ahead in life.....GO for it.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:18 PM

3,023 posts, read 2,277,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLuce View Post
The question is WHY? If its to help them out, then its all good. If its because its cheaper for you and you like Mom's home cooking, then it might be time to move out ;O)
Is it not smarter if it is cheaper to stay at home at least for a while? I do not get these idea that you have to get out of your parents house because it costs more or is harder if it puts you in a worse situation in life.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:41 AM

250 posts, read 400,302 times
Way to resurrect a four year old thread

If you're more than six months or a year out of college and still living at home most will look at you like a chump. Yes, life with bills if hard for a while but it ignites a visceral spark that turns you into an adult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships