Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 12:05 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,790,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautifulbrwnbabydoll View Post
I have been trying to set my good friend up with a guy that I know. He is a really nice guy, He is good looking with a terrific body, he does not have children, he does not do drugs, and he has a job and college experience. The only thing is that right now he lives with his mom. He moved in with his mom to save some money and he is working towards moving out.

So I told her all of this, and she said it was o.k. for him to call her, and he called her the day before yesterday. When I talked to her about him today, I asked her was she going to call him back, and she said she was, but I could tell in her voice that she really didn't want to. To make a long story short, I asked her why she didn't want to call him, and she said that it's cause he lives with his mom...and basically he is beneath her.

I was really upset with her about this, and i wonder how many women think like this! If it were me and I saw that they guy had goals and was working toward something I would give him a shot. She won't even give the guy the time of day based on one temporary situation. IMO, it's a shame and I am starting to feel sorry for some of the guys out here that can't even get a chance to be with someone unless they are totally perfect. She is a total B#$%h!!
I'm a guy like your friend in this story. I am attractive, and people always laugh at the way I joke with them, and say I'm a good guy mostly. I grew up lower income, been through many downs in life, but still pushed on no matter what, I have a job, pay rent and bills, have a car, went and got a degree that has been useless for me because no one is hiring unless you have experience, and everytime I mention I live with my mother currently women change the way they think about me as if I was some nice blow up doll for them to play with one minute, and after I tell them my mom lives with me it's like all the air has come out of the blow up doll.

They are nice still after that, but they kinda hint at how I won't have a chance to go farther with them. We never get to the part where I explain my history and why I have my current living situation, and I don't give them the courtesy of knowing after they change the way they looked at me because if you can't take me as I am because all your perfect needs aren't met then you don't deserve me. It's just saddening to me when women constantly complain about not finding a good guy when we are out here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 12:12 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautifulbrwnbabydoll View Post
I have been trying to set my good friend up with a guy that I know. He is a really nice guy, He is good looking with a terrific body, he does not have children, he does not do drugs, and he has a job and college experience. The only thing is that right now he lives with his mom. He moved in with his mom to save some money and he is working towards moving out.

So I told her all of this, and she said it was o.k. for him to call her, and he called her the day before yesterday. When I talked to her about him today, I asked her was she going to call him back, and she said she was, but I could tell in her voice that she really didn't want to. To make a long story short, I asked her why she didn't want to call him, and she said that it's cause he lives with his mom...and basically he is beneath her.

I was really upset with her about this, and i wonder how many women think like this! If it were me and I saw that they guy had goals and was working toward something I would give him a shot. She won't even give the guy the time of day based on one temporary situation. IMO, it's a shame and I am starting to feel sorry for some of the guys out here that can't even get a chance to be with someone unless they are totally perfect. She is a total B#$%h!!
Hmmm... your guy friend isn't by any chance Armenian, is he? We have a great guy, good looking, great job, living with his mother with plans to move out, posting whiny threads about how he can't meet any women. He's shy.

I don't think women should turn guys like this down. Your friend sounds a little snooty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships