Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 11:42 AM

291 posts, read 611,034 times

Advertisements

ok everyone. So I got impatient of waiting to hear back from this other girl online (i have not heard from her in two weeks although she did read my last message) so i finally built up enough courage to create a facebook profile and contact this girl. I sent her a friend request and a short message saying ''hi stranger. long time, no speak.''
So now im just waiting to hear back from her. Im a bit nervous to be honest. I will let you know how it goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 02:39 PM

well, she replied back.....
''sorry mate, dont know who you are.'' .....and then she rejected my friend request.
Well, i was really dissapointed that she didnt remember me but i had been thinking alot about contacting her for months now so i was not going to give up that easily so i sent her a message back that we used to know eachother when we were younger. She hasnt replied yet, but i really was not impressed with her reply, she didnt even ask what she knew me from.
I feel really stupid now.
The bad thing about this facebook message is that they dont give the status of your message, so you cannot tell if it has been read or not.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:51 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
so i sent her a message back that we used to know eachother when we were younger
Did you say how? Like "your uncle is my Aunt Jane's brother (or whatever) I met you at such-and-such family function when we were kids." Anything vaguer than that and she'll still be WTFing you.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Did you say how? Like "your uncle is my Aunt Jane's brother (or whatever) I met you at such-and-such family function when we were kids." Anything vaguer than that and she'll still be WTFing you.
thanks for ur reply.
i didnt want to acknowledge the people that i knew her from, i thought that she would have known anyway. If i could remember who she was for all these years, why couldnt she remember me?
I dont care anyways if she doesent get back to me, i shouldnt have to spell it out who i am- she should know- and if she didnt she should have asked what she knew me from. It has pretty much taken the wind out of my sails at the moment, i was pacing around- really excited to get a message back from her, and then she just sent an abrupt short reply. It doesent matter anyways, i have become comfortable with beeing dissapointed by people.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:00 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
Hey, give her a chance - it's been a long time since she last saw you. Send her a cute little message about how you remember her, where you remember her from, how you've always wondered what became of her, etc. Once she realizes who you are I'm sure the reply you get will be much better.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:41 AM

She remembers who i am now, after i explained it. She wants to know how did i find her. What should i say?

Old 10-08-2009, 04:51 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
Tell her the truth. Lies have a way of biting you in the rear and women have a knack for sniffing out untruths. After all these years you want to start this period of getting reacquainted out right since you have such fond memories of her. Don't make this more difficult than it needs to be. I know you're nervous, but it's going to be okay.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:09 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew83 View Post
well last night i was lying in bed alone, i couldnt get comfortable to sleep and my mind started to drift and i remembered that my cousin that i have not spoken to in years is going to be 20 soon. Then i began remembering what i did on the night that he was born....i was like six years old and my uncle took our family and his family to a restaurant to celebrate. In the restaurant I was sitting next to a girl the same age as me from my uncles side of the family- i remember our conversation vividly and we spoke about almost all of the major films at the cinema at the time (Moonwalker, The Dream Master, Bambi) for what seemed like an eternity.
Over the next three years we saw eachother every now and then at family get togethers. We always seemed to have the same interests and we seemed to be able to talk to eachother for hours. We got along really well but we didnt actually mention it to eachother.
Anyways i lost contact with this girl when i was about 10 years old but i always wanted to know how she was doing. I was curious to see what she looked like now so i searched my cousins faceboook profile and i found her profile from there. I felt somewhat sad to see her now as a woman, but at the same time excited. Now i feel tempted to sign up to the facebook website so that maybe i can try to contact her again and if things go well maybe i can take her out to dinner one night and we could catch up. However there are some reasons why i shouldnt contact her. Firstly my parents and i had a major falling out with my cousins family and i do not want to speak to them again and if i sent her a message she might go back to them and tell them. Plus, if my parents found out that i contacted her they would be like ''why are you doing this?'' I dont think they would understand.
There is also a whole level of slyness that i would probably feel because i am going behind peoples backs to try to reconnect with someone. So im not sure what to do, i really want to see this girl in person again if that is at all possible- she is one of the only girls that i remember where i dont automatically think ''failure'' when i think of her, but there are also some reasons why i should not attempt to contact her.
I would appreciate any views and opinions.
You can't pick your family, but you can pick your freinds.

Generally, no matter what you do, your family will always love you. And you can't live your life trying to please other people, even your family.

Do what YOU think is right, Do what YOU feel will make you happy. At the end of the day, your the only person you are responsible to make happy. Everyone else doesn't matter as much.

And hey, y'all are all family. You might be the catalyst to joining your families back together.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Tell her the truth. Lies have a way of biting you in the rear and women have a knack for sniffing out untruths. After all these years you want to start this period of getting reacquainted out right since you have such fond memories of her. Don't make this more difficult than it needs to be. I know you're nervous, but it's going to be okay.
thanks for ur advice.
I was thinking of writing something along the lines of
''Hi stranger. I was just thinking about you the other day and i became interested in getting back in touch with you so i signed up for this website yesterday, hoping to find your profile. I remembered your surname- although i mispelt it a couple of times, but i was very happy to find that you had a profile. I have happy memories of you and it is great to hear from you after all this time.''

is this the right thing to write? i am open to critisicm. If this girl tries to get me back in touch with my family and if it leads to any type of family reunion- i swear im running away from home.
I should be able to do what i want without them getting involved in it.

Last edited by Andrew83; 10-08-2009 at 06:10 AM..

Old 10-08-2009, 06:26 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
"As Andrew's World Turns!" Such drama over nothing! You're getting in touch with this girl because you remember how much you liked her when you were six years old and, because you remember her so vividly you expect she should remember you too? You say it seems from her profile that she likes drinking and partying and you don't, she's already knocked you down once because she doesn't have a clue who you are. And now you want some constructive criticism on creative writing?

Do try and get a life, Andrew, and get out of the cramped box you've created.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships