Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 07:01 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
That is correct. You've just been bit by the Wolf. Now you know your place.
You underestimate me Wolf .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 07:03 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,895,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
You underestimate me Wolf .
I would tell you two to get a room, but I think a lady and a wolf would be illegal in all 50 states..

Old 07-22-2009, 07:03 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,146,708 times
Quote:
So you're on a horrible date. You have no attraction to this other person whatsoever. There's long pauses, awkward moments. To sum it all up, you are miserable. But you already committed to dinner and a movie, and your meal has not even reached the table!

Is there a way to gracefully get out of such a thing?

And yes, I've been there. And yes, it sucked.

Tell them your not feeling so good after your meal and suggest you would rather go home instead of catching a movie. Or simply tell them the truth. Your not interested you will have dinner but after would rather go home then continue with the date.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:32 PM

751 posts, read 1,673,747 times
Quote:
So you're on a horrible date. You have no attraction to this other person whatsoever. There's long pauses, awkward moments. To sum it all up, you are miserable. But you already committed to dinner and a movie, and your meal has not even reached the table!

I would be upfront and straight forward with the guy and tell either before,during or after dinner before anymore of his money is spent and tell him that you feel no attraction towards him and ask him to take you home.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:40 AM

31 posts, read 46,340 times
Quote:

I end a bad date by saying "Don't get upset girl that's just how it goes, I don't love you hoe, I am out the door".

Old 07-23-2009, 03:18 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Face Nelson View Post
I end a bad date by saying "Don't get upset girl that's just how it goes, I don't love you hoe, I am out the door".
. . . and then the woman takes a HUGE sigh of relief. The end.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:21 AM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,776 times
Quote:

if anyone is a fan of Seinfeld the bold part is really funny.....

to answer the question, you tell the date "lets get lit and make some bad decisions"

Old 07-23-2009, 11:32 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
The guy started telling me about the two wives, the gal who lived with him once, bla, bla, bla.

I just wanted to say----ok you just better leave because there is no future for anything here but I suffered through the rest of the evening. God, I wish I had the guts but basically he was a nice guy so I was polite.

I say just suffer through, you never know who they know or what the future holds. What do you want them to do to you if they have no attraction to you? I would hope they would be polite.

The first date should be short anyway. Just go for a drink and if things are good THEN you can mention a movie or doing something else. You may end up talking for hours.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:34 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
if anyone is a fan of Seinfeld the bold part is really funny.....

to answer the question, you tell the date "lets get lit and make some bad decisions"
Lol. Didn't even think of how typically Seinfield my post was haha. And love the last line by the way .

Old 07-23-2009, 11:45 AM

767 posts, read 2,066,302 times
You can always get sick - really sick...or you can have a freind or family member call you (re: an emergency). Either way, it's "see ya, bye" time! I have used both back in my dating years and they at least get you off the hook for the evening. The alternative is to be painfully honest and just ay that things aren't working out and that the evening should be short. I tried that too once but things got emotional- and emotional is bad when it's someone that you have no desire to spend anymore time with. So the truth doesn't always set you free immediately. But the upside is that I never heard from the person again. So, longer run, I guess that honesty is the best policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships