Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2016, 04:26 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Northern San Diego county has a large marine corp base. Camp Pendleton.

You can be up to your eyeballs with jarheads.
What's a jarhead?!
I could make a lot of $$$$ out there.....
People tell me that all the time lol

Conservative men out West.....
Interesting

Old 03-13-2016, 04:27 PM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
What's a jarhead?!
I could make a lot of $$$$ out there.....
People tell me that all the time lol

Conservative men out West.....
Interesting

Jarhead is just slang for our fine Marine Corp soldiers.

Old 03-13-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Jarhead is just slang for our fine Marine Corp soldiers.
The Marine guys are my favorites out of all the military men, lol

I always thought of California as an ultra liberal overpriced overtaxed kind of place......

Nice to see a different angle

Old 03-13-2016, 04:36 PM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
The Marine guys are my favorites out of all the military men, lol

I always thought of California as an ultra liberal overpriced overtaxed kind of place......

Nice to see a different angle

In general it is.

I'm planning on leaving the state when the opportunity presents itself.

Old 03-13-2016, 04:40 PM

Quote:
In general it is.

I'm planning on leaving the state when the opportunity presents itself.
Lol see??
I was right!
Ultra liberal overpriced & overtaxed--
Same as where I am currently

But I'm outta here soon thank God

Old 03-15-2016, 10:22 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonnyj View Post
Does anyone notice the shortage in the number of available men in the eastern cities & the surplus of available men in the western cities?
I wonder what could be the cause for this?
I don't know why, but, its true. When I visisted WV, the ratio of men to women amazed me, and I've never been hit on like that in my life. Here in NV, women can pick and choose all they like. WAY more men than women. If your a guy here, and have multiple women chasing you, you must be some kind of mutant cross twixt Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise.

In WV, as I said, the women were. very forward, the towns are small, just close together, and being a new man in town really seemed to trigger reaction. I am not even used to attention.from women on that scale. Someone told me, when I commented on it, that the ratio is like 5-1 . Wow! Guess I'm one of the lucky ones here, as I have a relationship, with a beautiful lady, but we had also known reach other a long time before we became a couple.. Been 25 years all together, and , of course, we are older and settled down.

Sex is a small part of our relationship all in all. I suppose that makes a difference. If we were much younger, and didn't know each other as well, I probably wouldn't have had a chance. Lol. She still could have as lot to choose from now. Young guys hit on her all the time. There's just a lot more men than women out West here. Hell, if I was a young guy, with no roots put down, I'd be moving to WV. Lol. Property is cheap, I could get work easy enough, lots of skills I have are in demand with short supply,and being lonely wouldn't be an issue at all. Its a beautiful place, my western accent confused a few folks , but no biggy, where's the downside? The place is packed with lovely, sweet, charming very single women, and not one did I meet who have their nose in the air like they do here.
Its a different world, and not a bad one either. But I've got it good here. One of the lucky ones,, considering I'm no male model and sure ain't weighed down with money. But, if the situation were different, and I was lonely and had no reason to stay. Wouldn't take much prodding to get me to vamoose, andele pronto.

Old 03-15-2016, 12:06 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I don't know why, but, its true. When I visisted WV, the ratio of men to women amazed me, and I've never been hit on like that in my life. Here in NV, women can pick and choose all they like. WAY more men than women.
I didn't have this experience in Nevada.

Quote:
In WV, as I said, the women were. very forward, the towns are small, just close together, and being a new man in town really seemed to trigger reaction.
This is my experience as a new man in any small/rural environment. It works the other way around, too, but not as profoundly (IME). Being the new person anywhere, but especially in a saturated environment (like a small town where everyone already knows everyone) is a game-breaker.

Quote:
I am not even used to attention.from women on that scale. Someone told me, when I commented on it, that the ratio is like 5-1 . Wow!
It's worth noting that from state to state, the gender discrepancy is statistically insignificant. As of 2013, West Virginia was 50.6% female....and even the most female-populated state doesn't exceed 51.6% (though DC is at 52.6). While I'd love to go into more math on what that means for the "average" man/woman, I'm sure nobody wants to hear it (if you do, PM me!)...but the short version is: it doesn't make a difference.

The only very general trend, already covered by the OP, is that eastern cities/states TEND to have more women than western ones. But again...we're talking a difference of 1%.

As for why? Men are MORE LIKELY (read: "more likely", not "do") to prefer rural environments than women, who are MORE LIKELY to prefer cities. The cities are denser and closer to one another in the east; there are more metropolitan areas in the east, and more "open land" in the west. You see things even out a lot more in the actual cities (meaning, you'll see closer to a 50/50 distribution in Denver/Seattle/LA than you will in Nampa, ID or Big Piney, WY. Ditto for rural cities on the east coast).

Old 06-26-2016, 07:10 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
How are stats along 8 mile ?

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 06-26-2016 at 07:43 AM..

Old 06-26-2016, 07:24 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I didn't have this experience in Nevada.

This is my experience as a new man in any small/rural environment. It works the other way around, too, but not as profoundly (IME). Being the new person anywhere, but especially in a saturated environment (like a small town where everyone already knows everyone) is a game-breaker.

It's worth noting that from state to state, the gender discrepancy is statistically insignificant. As of 2013, West Virginia was 50.6% female....and even the most female-populated state doesn't exceed 51.6% (though DC is at 52.6). While I'd love to go into more math on what that means for the "average" man/woman, I'm sure nobody wants to hear it (if you do, PM me!)...but the short version is: it doesn't make a difference.

The only very general trend, already covered by the OP, is that eastern cities/states TEND to have more women than western ones. But again...we're talking a difference of 1%.

As for why? Men are MORE LIKELY (read: "more likely", not "do") to prefer rural environments than women, who are MORE LIKELY to prefer cities. The cities are denser and closer to one another in the east; there are more metropolitan areas in the east, and more "open land" in the west. You see things even out a lot more in the actual cities (meaning, you'll see closer to a 50/50 distribution in Denver/Seattle/LA than you will in Nampa, ID or Big Piney, WY. Ditto for rural cities on the east coast).
More women than men go to college and a lot of women work in hospitals as such, or in an office, so yes the bigger the metro is the better the ratio is of single men to single women.

In a small town or rural area yes a new guy will get noticed but the women in the town are most likely already taken it's very unlikely you will find a unicorn. In these little towns the men are also very protective of the women that are there.

In my area there is a large influx of the oil/gas workers and it has definitely made a difference in the dating game.

Quote:
I don't know why, but, its true. When I visisted WV, the ratio of men to women amazed me, and I've never been hit on like that in my life. Here in NV, women can pick and choose all they like. WAY more men than women. If your a guy here, and have multiple women chasing you, you must be some kind of mutant cross twixt Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise.

In WV, as I said, the women were. very forward, the towns are small, just close together, and being a new man in town really seemed to trigger reaction. I am not even used to attention.from women on that scale. Someone told me, when I commented on it, that the ratio is like 5-1 . Wow! Guess I'm one of the lucky ones here, as I have a relationship, with a beautiful lady, but we had also known reach other a long time before we became a couple.. Been 25 years all together, and , of course, we are older and settled down.
WV has a terrible singles scene for men unless you're 21 in a college town..I would love to know what part of WV you were in. I find it hard to believe especially the part about the 5-1 ratio lol.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:10 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
I agree about WV.. What I experienced on the eastern side was basically with women you don't want to talk to anyways lol. They were very brutish in nature. Passive aggressive, uneducated, etc..

Now I imagine NV Plumber is talking about Morgantown, which is a college town seating WVU. Any college town is the same in my experience.. That being State College (Penn State) in comparison. Educated older people working in the realm of academia mixed with the younger college crowd... who are basically fornicating in the streets at night << JK

In the rural little place I'm at now, many of the women (even those that aren't very attractive/overweight/etc) have someone in their life.

It's much more difficult for a man to meet a woman.. at least in the mid thirty age bracket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships