Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 09:16 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,677,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I have a lot of 60+ white men chasing after me (I'm black). I find it pretty pathetic that now that they are old enough to not care about what society has to say, they find me good enough to date (and probably just shag, to be honest). nobody wants to be some old man's last ditch effort at checking off his fetish list on the way to the grave - unless of course she needs the money.
I'm a black woman in her 20s who had a little bit of a thing for an older white guy...who is looking at 60 pretty soon.
But I know what you mean...isn't it creepy?

Old 05-09-2011, 12:12 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I have a lot of 60+ white men chasing after me (I'm black). I find it pretty pathetic that now that they are old enough to not care about what society has to say, they find me good enough to date (and probably just shag, to be honest). nobody wants to be some old man's last ditch effort at checking off his fetish list on the way to the grave - unless of course she needs the money.
LOL!! In my personal experience, this happens A LOT with wealthy, old Southern White men (both married and single) ....trying to fulfill their ole massa/slave girl fantasies.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:08 PM

9 posts, read 15,259 times
no generalizations...but it's often older white guys who are absolutely despised and marganilzed by white women in our culture. Just look at your typical office culture (cattie women who judge each other's clothes and hair). Old white guys are pretty much the only demographic that it's ok to hate and make fun of without the threat of a law suit. On the other side of things... it's not asian women... it's non-western women. Non-western women still had enough exposure to a stable intact family where husband and wife worked as partners to build a family. The concept of men and women being partners/a team is just a lot stronger in many asian cultures... Heck in nearly all non-westerm cultures it's stronger than the US. In the US women actively hate and despise white men and see them as oppressers. While, that may have been the case 45-50 years ago (really - do the math), these days, most white western guys are just pretty goofy, sloppy, grown kids who play video games, smoke weed, and watch sports. If there is a well adjusted white guy who has managed to navigate the cultural mess, remained single, educated himself, -- he isn't going to marry a fat, crazy, western women who hates him just for being a white male. If he's got half a brain, he's going to marry someone who knows how to be his partner, takes care of herself, and her family. Very often asian women have the same goals. They want to build a good strong family with a solid, normal, guy. Go figure.

Last edited by popo54; 07-15-2011 at 10:28 PM..

Old 07-15-2011, 10:55 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post
There's another thread about white men and asian women being a perfect match.

This thread is specifically about older white men and young asian women. Older being over 40. And the asian woman being under 40 or 35, with a 10 or 20 year age difference between them.

I have a neighbor up my street who I see out in his yard all the time. Very dedicated and disciplined to cutting the lawn and gardening. He's probably at least 60. And he's always with a young asian lady. Probably no older than 35. I'm assuming wife or gf because she's there everytime he's there. And the way they act towards each other, I dont think its an adopted daughter.

Whats the pyschology behind it? Esp if there's a really big age gap, like 25 years. What would an asian family think? Does it ever get to be weird?

I think it would get weird (regardless of race) if you're much older than her dad. Her dad being 50, and you're 62.
Men like this are hiring their caregivers well in advance of their infirmity.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:15 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
Men like this are hiring their caregivers well in advance of their infirmity.
My wife was carded buying a bottle of wine today, she's 69 years old

Old 07-15-2011, 11:43 PM

58 posts, read 150,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popo54 View Post
If there is a well adjusted white guy who has managed to navigate the cultural mess, remained single, educated himself, -- he isn't going to marry a fat, crazy, western women who hates him just for being a white male.
I wouldnt expect a "well adjusted white guy" to fetishize cultural stereotypes or discriminate based on a woman's size (one man's "fat" is another's sexy curves) He wouldnt take a woman's lack of interest or sexual appeal as hatred or rejection of him as a man, regardless of color.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:51 PM

186 posts, read 475,252 times
this is interesting...I used to work at Victoria's Secret and we would have these creepy and nerdy older white men (40s-50s) coming in with young asian women (usually in their 20s)...some could speak english, but most couldn't...and in these particular cases it was obvious the woman was not from here...I just couldn't imagine these women being attracted to these guys...

my coworkers and I would always discuss the high number of mail order brides in the area...

just wanted to share this since someone mentioned them on page one

Old 07-16-2011, 12:03 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popo54 View Post
no generalizations...but it's often older white guys who are absolutely despised and marganilzed by white women in our culture. Just look at your typical office culture (cattie women who judge each other's clothes and hair). Old white guys are pretty much the only demographic that it's ok to hate and make fun of without the threat of a law suit. On the other side of things... it's not asian women... it's non-western women. Non-western women still had enough exposure to a stable intact family where husband and wife worked as partners to build a family. The concept of men and women being partners/a team is just a lot stronger in many asian cultures... Heck in nearly all non-westerm cultures it's stronger than the US. In the US women actively hate and despise white men and see them as oppressers. While, that may have been the case 45-50 years ago (really - do the math), these days, most white western guys are just pretty goofy, sloppy, grown kids who play video games, smoke weed, and watch sports. If there is a well adjusted white guy who has managed to navigate the cultural mess, remained single, educated himself, -- he isn't going to marry a fat, crazy, western women who hates him just for being a white male. If he's got half a brain, he's going to marry someone who knows how to be his partner, takes care of herself, and her family. Very often asian women have the same goals. They want to build a good strong family with a solid, normal, guy. Go figure.

Wow, you really hate White men.
You really generalize and have no idea how the majority of women think.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:21 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nella925 View Post
this is interesting...I used to work at Victoria's Secret and we would have these creepy and nerdy older white men (40s-50s) coming in with young asian women (usually in their 20s)...some could speak english, but most couldn't...and in these particular cases it was obvious the woman was not from here...I just couldn't imagine these women being attracted to these guys...

my coworkers and I would always discuss the high number of mail order brides in the area...

just wanted to share this since someone mentioned them on page one
I haven't read the entire thread . . .but my opinion is that white men have rank in terms of patriarchal clout in the culture . . . and some white men prefer women or girls they can project their ideas of sexuality on . . . I understand it CAN be easier with some Asian women or girls who could possibly be more subservient in nature than the typical white woman . . .

I also think there is some kind of attraction to the "doll" aspect . . .as in "China Doll." I have heard that the guy who invented the precursor to the Barby Doll was a festishist - a pervert . . .and I think some white men fit that profile and want to have a "living doll." The only advantage to the woman or girl is monetary . . .we all know that scenario . . .the guy is under the illusion she loves him for himself but really, the attraction is to power and money or the illusion of higher rank in society.

My two cents . . .can't "prove" any of it . . .

Old 07-16-2011, 12:27 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
It would be great to hear from Asian women and girls as to what they might see in crusty, old, paunchy white men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships