Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 05:47 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times

Advertisements

Is it just me or does the OP's desperation sound like George Costanza from Seinfeld?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 05:51 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Is it just me or does the OP's desperation sound like George Costanza from Seinfeld?
Yeah, but even george had friends. This one has neither any male or female friends. If he just went out and hung out with his male friends he wouldn't look like the creepy dude in the corner.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:59 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,454,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pie in ear View Post
there is still a basic difference in the way the psyche works in a man from the way it works in a woman.
I was waiting too, for an answer to Redisca's - very valid - question, what are the fundamental differences, in your opinion, between a man and a woman.

What is that basic difference? For example, women were portrayed as passive and averse to intellectual exertion in the 50s, but we are past that. I am curious what fundamental differences still hold in the modern minds.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:31 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
I was waiting too, for an answer to Redisca's - very valid - question, what are the fundamental differences, in your opinion, between a man and a woman.

What is that basic difference? For example, women were portrayed as passive and averse to intellectual exertion in the 50s, but we are past that. I am curious what fundamental differences still hold in the modern minds.
Come on nuala - we ALL know men and women are not the same creatures. Yes, we are all equals, but we are not the same. Generally speaking, women and men are hardwired a lot differently. And that's a good thing - we balance each other out that way

Old 09-07-2009, 06:03 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
There is a whole new generation of women that are tough as nails with a Donald Trump mentality. Watch out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Come on nuala - we ALL know men and women are not the same creatures. Yes, we are all equals, but we are not the same. Generally speaking, women and men are hardwired a lot differently. And that's a good thing - we balance each other out that way

Old 09-08-2009, 08:02 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,454,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
lovesMountains, reading C-D, I am starting to observe a trend? A difference in core beliefs between those who were born before "feminism" and those who were born after. Women born "after" are more independent in their thinking, and are not swayed by books like "Men Are from Mars.." - which I admit, at some point, I took as the ultimate truth.... I was born on the cusp between the Baby Boomers and Gen Y, and grew up with the old "a woman should know her place" mentality. Feminism is a learned thing for me, not a given as for the younger people. I think people of my age and older may *accept* feminism but not really have it as a core belief.

I see two fundamental viewpoints here struggling to give an advise on any matter. With older people eventually giving way to the younger.... aren't you excited to see the new view of the genders?

Last edited by nuala; 09-08-2009 at 08:14 AM..

Old 09-08-2009, 01:35 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,164,063 times
Girlfriend in college= bad idea. You missed out bro.

That's the one time in life that woman have no shame.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:36 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
Welcome to college life. Everybody is a George Costanza there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post

Old 09-08-2009, 01:57 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
lovesMountains, reading C-D, I am starting to observe a trend? A difference in core beliefs between those who were born before "feminism" and those who were born after. Women born "after" are more independent in their thinking, and are not swayed by books like "Men Are from Mars.." - which I admit, at some point, I took as the ultimate truth.... I was born on the cusp between the Baby Boomers and Gen Y, and grew up with the old "a woman should know her place" mentality. Feminism is a learned thing for me, not a given as for the younger people. I think people of my age and older may *accept* feminism but not really have it as a core belief.

I see two fundamental viewpoints here struggling to give an advise on any matter. With older people eventually giving way to the younger.... aren't you excited to see the new view of the genders?
Actually, I'm thinking you have misjudged my age - I was teen in the 70's and definitely witnessed the beginning of the feminist movement in my lifetime.

Regardless of how necessary the movement was and how much good may have come out of it, I still believe that core values are timeless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships