Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2009, 07:41 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,686,659 times

Advertisements

Telling a 22-year-old male to be celibate is being highly unrealistic. Indoctrinating a "youngster" that sex is inherently dangerous, degrading, and undesirable is both dishonest and liable to trigger life-long sexual hangups and profound unhappiness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 08:06 PM

422 posts, read 757,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurian View Post
I highly doubt that.

It's guys like you Centurian that make me cringe when I see my daughter bring home punks home like you...sleep around all you want but want the saintiest girl......Oh yah guys like you I got something for you when my daughter introduces em to me...my big foot up your @##

Old 09-02-2009, 08:07 PM

422 posts, read 757,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
8 f**cking pages???????

1. Go to a party
2. find a drunk 18 year old
3. have sex with her
4. repeat

you forgot

5. get aids
6. die

Old 09-02-2009, 08:17 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
[quote=Morphous01;10581295]Some of these post are funny because at the same time I'm sure many of you wonder why society is so degenerated.

Quite simply, the distinction between young and old is closing fast and our whole nation looks/acts like fools because the old wants to be forever young while at the same time do nothing to discourage the youth from activity's they really should not be participating in.

Regardless of what a person does in HIS or HER life, they should never encourage a youngster to participate in FULL FLEDGED adult behavior even if they truly believe there are no consequences.

This kid has two parents who love him, (I hope) who at the same time are probably paying for him to finish school. Regardless, I'm pretty sure they would be disappointed by some of the advice that was given to there 22 year old who has really just started life. Furthermore, if he has a child, and can't take care of it, his parents will become responsible, not any of you.

THANK YOU - that is what I've been trying to say too. It is completely unconscionable the way some of the supposed "adult" posters here are encouraging this kid to go forth and disrespect himself and as many young women as he can

Old 09-02-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Telling a 22-year-old male to be celibate is being highly unrealistic. Indoctrinating a "youngster" that sex is inherently dangerous, degrading, and undesirable is both dishonest and liable to trigger life-long sexual hangups and profound unhappiness.
BUT, there is a huge difference between being celibate and being a horn dog who "hooks up" every night of the week with a different girl - many of them drunk and easily taken advantage of. And I don't think anyone here has said he should be completely celibate.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:28 PM

985 posts, read 2,601,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
BUT, there is a huge difference between being celibate and being a horn dog who "hooks up" every night of the week with a different girl - many of them drunk and easily taken advantage of. And I don't think anyone here has said he should be completely celibate.
Just out of curiosity......There are legal issues with doing that are there not? If a girl is above the legal alcohol limit and a guy has sex with her, she can file sexual assault charges can she not? Or am I wrong? I don't even drink so I've never paid attention to those laws.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye02 View Post
Just out of curiosity......There are legal issues with doing that are there not? If a girl is above the legal alcohol limit and a guy has sex with her, she can file sexual assault charges can she not? Or am I wrong? I don't even drink so I've never paid attention to those laws.
I think Redisca can answer that better than I can.

But again, any guy who takes advantage of a girl so drunk that she can't even say anything, much less "no", is committing rape in my book.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:45 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
There are lots of crazy religious conservatives in America that preach celibacy to teenagers.

It worked great for Sarh Palin's daughter didn't it?

Old 09-02-2009, 08:46 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejano2828 View Post
you forgot

5. get aids
6. die
or
5. Gets her pregnant.
6. pays for an abortion where the women has to go through an nasty invasive, emotionally traumatic procedure with the risk of sterility.

or doesn't
7. A child is raised without a father and the generally poor result.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
There are lots of crazy religious conservatives in America that preach celibacy to teenagers.

It worked great for Sarh Palin's daughter didn't it?
Cheat shot - way to go, showing your true colors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships