Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2009, 08:58 PM

21 posts, read 48,213 times

Advertisements

OP: To answer your question, no you are not too old to tap into the college hook-up culture. Back in undergrad I knew people that were well into their mid-20's and still doing the same thing. And by the looks of it, you too will still be in college by that age.
Getting into that is fairly simple as well. You can get at it very easily by joining a fraternity. But you may also join other student organizations and get to know some people in your university. Attend social events and get to know some people.

Dont be turned off by getting into this lifestyle by people with personal motivations. To these people I suggest you stick to the question. The OP is not asking you about your personal beliefs about doing this or whether it is mature to do so. He's made his decision that he wants to get into doing this type of stuff. Curse you free-will.
Do take precautions as people have suggested though. Condoms were invented for a reason. Dont figure that out the hard way.

On a side note, I seriously suggest you take a good look at what you're doing in college and double check your priorities. That is, being on a six year plan and focusing on hooking up with women. I've seen many guys and girls fall into the pits of loserville because they could not maintain that perfect balance of having fun and taking college seriously. I myself knew how to balance this lifestyle with my studies and graduated on time and finishing up my degree in law. You however, depending on your plans post-graduation may have to pay the price. For instance, most graduate programs will take into account the fact that you graduated in 6 years in your possible admission. So please dont complain 4 years from now when you cant gain admission to a good program even though you maintained a 3.5 gpa.

Last edited by latinovelvet; 08-31-2009 at 09:00 PM.. Reason: edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 09:07 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
Well, this is a little off-topic, but I would say yes. Most of the anti-homosexual attitude in the US is based on religious views probably.

But in my travels, i've found that homosexuals in the US overall are much more tolerated than in some other countries. I've lived in countries where homosexuals must keep it TOTALLY hidden.

Here in California, being gay seems to be the norm. Most men out here seem to have gay tendencies.

But maybe this is because the women in America are so difficult to date, so guys turn to men instead? Lots men in the gay world in the US seem to really be straight, but go gay just to have a sex life.

That's a complex and multi-faceted issue there.
Hi TheCaliforniaBear,

Wow , really? That seems like you are in some sub culture there. I do not have much use for gay activity since I think of it as a VD superhighway but I have been friends with gay men and transvestites. They are actually colorful people and often cultured and stylish. However if it is a sliding scale, I am one of them way over on the heterosexual end. Any man without pants to me is what a blow torch looks like to a snow ball. Women on the other hand are kind of like Santa's village.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:56 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,511,859 times
8 f**cking pages???????

1. Go to a party
2. find a drunk 18 year old
3. have sex with her
4. repeat

Old 08-31-2009, 10:02 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
8 f**cking pages???????

1. Go to a party
3. have sex with her
4. repeat
That sounds so awesome. Great advice.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi TheCaliforniaBear,

Wow , really? That seems like you are in some sub culture there. I do not have much use for gay activity since I think of it as a VD superhighway but I have been friends with gay men and transvestites. They are actually colorful people and often cultured and stylish. However if it is a sliding scale, I am one of them way over on the heterosexual end. Any man without pants to me is what a blow torch looks like to a snow ball. Women on the other hand are kind of like Santa's village.
I'm not gay if that's what you are suggesting.

I'm just not homophobic, and I have gay friends and support gay people. I think they are natural, they are born that way, and they are just a normal part of humanity. So we should just accept them without pushing petty judgments onto them.

I'm from California man. Most of us out here do not have that anti-gay redneck attitude.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:08 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
8 f**cking pages???????

1. Go to a party
3. have sex with her
4. repeat
One of these days, WHEN YOU GROW UP, if you have the privilige of being the father of a daughter I hope you gag at your memory of saying this and that it haunts you as you send that precious daughter of yours off to college as an 18 year old

Old 08-31-2009, 10:10 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,511,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
One of these days, WHEN YOU GROW UP, if you have the privilige of being the father of daughters I hope you gag at your memory of saying this and that it haunts you as you send that precious daughter of yours off to college as an 18 year old
I will send them to a womens college

Old 08-31-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
One of these days, WHEN YOU GROW UP, if you have the privilige of being the father of daughters I hope you gag at your memory of saying this and that it haunts you as you send that precious daughter of yours off to college as an 18 year old
Welcome to reality. Men like to have sex with hot young women. Get used to it because it's not going to change.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:14 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Welcome to reality. Men like to have sex with hot young women. Get used to it because it's not going to change.
Seeing as how you haven't yet become a man, I'd say they wouldn't much appreciate you speaking for them

Old 08-31-2009, 10:28 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
I'm not gay if that's what you are suggesting.

I'm just not homophobic, and I have gay friends and support gay people. I think they are natural, they are born that way, and they are just a normal part of humanity. So we should just accept them without pushing petty judgments onto them.

I'm from California man. Most of us out here do not have that anti-gay redneck attitude.
Hi TheCaliforniaBear,

Not sure were you thought I thought you were gay? As far as judgments I tend to be a just the facts kind of guy. My garage door needs a pair of 50 pound springs to provide opposing resistance. If not it drops like a rock. Without women there is the inherent male promiscuity without the female resistance and what goes around goes fast. Also they blow their immune systems with poppers. Its just the way it is. Other than that I usually like them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships