Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 12:58 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,686,659 times

Advertisements

I'm with ProfessorSenator on this one. I mean, what's with the prudishness here? I find it especially amusing since I remember college as a place where people go to bed at the drop of a hat. Much heartbreak in this world occurs not because we don't take sex seriously enough -- but because we take it too seriously; because we age too quickly in our minds and we forget how to be young. If you are unattached and you want a casual sex encounter and there is a willing partner -- why would that be wrong? As long as you take basic safety precautions, I don't see a thing wrong with it. Like all forms of pure, unadulterated fun, casual sex may be perceived as "immature" and morally unacceptable -- but I think, it's something that most young people need to get out of their systems before they can go on to serious and meaningful relationships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 01:00 PM

17,218 posts, read 57,099,641 times
Yeah, at 22 you are WAY too old, I mean, your life is practically over.

Maybe you can enroll in a monastary.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:55 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,179,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Centurian, let me remind you about STD's...
Let me also remind everyone that if you drive a car, you could crash and hurt yourself, and require expensive drugs and/or treatment for the rest of your life. Or you could even die.

Fortunately, the odds of acquiring a life-altering STD -- just like the odd of being in a car crash -- are very low if you take reasonable precautions.

One should not let the unwarranted and irrational fear spread by prudes who are motivated by antipathy toward sex prevent one from having an active, responsible, and pleasurable sex life.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:59 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,164,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
The women on this site really don't appreciate the men on here. By and large, they are from the minority who don't appreciate how much fun this is.

The ones who do, would either never waste their time here or would quickly get kicked off!
I'll agree that there's a handful of women on here that come off a little bitter toward men, but not all of them.

Secondly, I have disagree on the level of fun. I never really considered hooking up with drunk girls while I'm drunk to be all that fun. It was usually an impulse decision to it, she tasted like beer, they sometimes end up hurting during during foreplay becaue they're drunk and don't know what they're doing, and I almost always regret it in the morning.

I always enjoyed sex much more with someone I actually cared about and felt comfortable exploring with.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:23 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,031,791 times
The issue I have with guys wanting to hook up with girl after girl is that it often turns them into sleazy, degenerate jerks - either for a phase or sometimes, forever.

Two people who want to have sex and both know that it's ONLY a hook up - that's fine. Go for it. Have fun. Try the anaconda backwards chair position. Wear that slutty clown costume.

However, I think many girls can be affected negatively by the hook-up scene though. By engaging in hook up after hook up, they experience the rush from having a guy really into you and having sex and then BAM, the sudden drop when he's on to the next girl. That can often whittle away at a person's self-esteem because he/she may propose the question, "Why doesn't he/she want me anymore? Am I just another girl/boy to him/her?" and etc.

We can't forget that often sex can develop emotions. It happens. Especially if you've been sleeping with a person for quite a while now. I find it hard to believe that a person would routinely have sex with another person over a long period of time unless there was some sort of feelings present.

I know that there are people out there that can separate sex from emotions and to them, sex is just a fun way to fulfill their pleasure needs but I believe that people generally overestimate that ability within themselves.

Also, another argument I have against the score-as-many-as-possible hook-up scene is that generally when you're just trying to get laid and that's it, standards more often than not go down. . . sometimes quite dismally. I believe that your choice of sexual partner says a lot about yourself as a person. So that guy who's banging a different easy girl each weekend. . . enough said.

Once again, if you believe this will make you happy, then PLEASE go after it. You have that right. Don't do it at the risk of others though. You don't have to be a complete jerk and treat girls like $hit.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:28 PM

985 posts, read 2,601,646 times
OP- Just out of curiosity why are you only interested in college frat party skanks? A lot of Bar/club hopping girls are just as easy. You'd probably have better luck with them, a lot of them are college students around your age, and you wouldn't have to worry about getting invited to some random party.
Another plus is you'd already know that they're legal (well okay, there's a small chance they might not be), you'd be surprised how many underage girls get into college parties.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:36 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,042,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Centurian,

Let me remind you about STD's:

If you get it you may be infected for the rest of your days on earth or it can also be life threatening as well as you get to take drugs that'll set you back some $$$ every single day for potentially the rest of your life plus the discomfort of some of those diseases.

I don't care how much protection you may use, it's not STD / infection proof.

OH YEA......You may also have a unplanned child(ren), are you ready for that potential?

Yea, I knew a guy in his 40s who was married and he confided in me that he contracted hep C from his "collage days". Don't know how as I did not ask but even though he runs his own insurance business and he is married he pretty much made it clear that the hep C is just like a black cloud over his life and that he often gets sick.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:41 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,788,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
I'm with ProfessorSenator on this one. I mean, what's with the prudishness here? I find it especially amusing since I remember college as a place where people go to bed at the drop of a hat. Much heartbreak in this world occurs not because we don't take sex seriously enough -- but because we take it too seriously; because we age too quickly in our minds and we forget how to be young. If you are unattached and you want a casual sex encounter and there is a willing partner -- why would that be wrong? As long as you take basic safety precautions, I don't see a thing wrong with it. Like all forms of pure, unadulterated fun, casual sex may be perceived as "immature" and morally unacceptable -- but I think, it's something that most young people need to get out of their systems before they can go on to serious and meaningful relationships.
Great post, I'd rep ya' again but I have to spread it around first.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:42 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurian View Post
For my first 2 years in college I had a serious girlfriend. Being older now, I realize what a big and damaging mistake that was.

Having a serious, long term girlfriend came at the serious cost of me completely failing to learn how to meet other young girls. I never really learned how to socialize with girls or to flirt because I was already with a girl, and I thought I was going to be with her forever.

It's been 2 years since we split up. I'm 22 now. Most people who started college would have graduated by now but I decided to take the slow road and be a 5 or 6 year student, so I got 2 more years to go.

Still, I've always been envious of guys who get to throw all the wild parties and hook up with tonnes of young freshmen girls and have lots of girlfriends and what not.

I can't help but feel like I've missed out all this time.

I don't live on campus, and I commute, so meeting people is a lot harder for me than living in the dorms. I don't have a big social circle. I don't get invited to parties that often, and when I do, I always feel awkward for not knowing anyone, and can't help but hush up unless I'm around my friends.

I really wish I could live the real college life. I want to tap into "hook up culture." I want to go to parties and make out with random girls and have lots of girlfriends but I don't even know how to make it happen.

What do I have to do? I desperately want to make my last 1 or 2 years in college happy and memorable.

How do I tap into the college hook up culture?
Hi Centurian,

Talk to them like people. Some of the people will be interesting to talk with. Then do some things with those people. I used to invite them over for dinner. It was a blast. I was not looking for cheap sex however. I just wanted to meet people after being in one of those idiotic relationships where you spent 3 years with a good looking psycho.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:48 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Great post, I'd rep ya' again but I have to spread it around first.

Hi Coolhand68,

Well I suppose your future wife who comes down with cervical cancer because of Genital human papillomavirus is a start. However its up to you ultimately. I did not make this decision until a bit later in life so I was not a virgin but it was certainly quite limited. I did not really like the idea getting whats going around either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships