Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 11:10 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times

Advertisements

If you ever have a daughter..these days are going to KILL your heart.

Do what you want..but really make sure its what you want.

People "hook up" way beyond 22. And you should be responsible and get tested every three months for everything and always keep in contact with "hook ups" in case you have to track back where you got something and prevent further damage. Also think too about the next real relationship. Are you going to tell them about this? What if you get a life long STD that you have to tell them about? (herpes and warts can be caught w/ condom use and other diseases too if the condom breaks)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 11:16 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
If you ever have a daughter..these days are going to KILL your heart.

Do what you want..but really make sure its what you want.

People "hook up" way beyond 22. And you should be responsible and get tested every three months for everything and always keep in contact with "hook ups" in case you have to track back where you got something and prevent further damage. Also think too about the next real relationship. Are you going to tell them about this? What if you get a life long STD that you have to tell them about? (herpes and warts can be caught w/ condom use and other diseases too if the condom breaks)
Young misguided guys like this make me so sad

Good advice, if he's hell bent on going this route I too hope he'll at least be safe.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:27 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,071,618 times
Make sure you use birth control. Seriously. You want to party like a big boy, then get some condoms and use them. Don't rely on your party bimbos (some who may be underage) to take care of the problem.

Be prepared to be around a lot of drunk girls. Yes, you want to 'make out' with many girls and have many girlfriends (seriously, dude you sound like a 40 year old in a mid life crisis). Well, you may not be their cup of tea, even after a few beers.

Be prepared for rejection. Maybe they will not be into you no matter how much you want to 'hook up.'

Old 08-31-2009, 11:35 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Young misguided guys like this make me so sad

Good advice, if he's hell bent on going this route I too hope he'll at least be safe.
He will be aware..But not safe.

Condom breaks and boom...AIDS...or...HEP C

Or if he got herpes and would not be protected from AIDS at all by condoms.
There is no such thing as safe sex. Only safer sex. And then if you would spread that around without knowing...Well I think that would really kill a soul with guilt. I know I couldn't live with myself if I did that to someone for "getting off" purposes.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:50 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,071,618 times
Quote:
He will be aware..But not safe.

Condom breaks and boom...AIDS...or...HEP C

Or if he got herpes and would not be protected from AIDS at all by condoms.
There is no such thing as safe sex. Only safer sex. And then if you would spread that around without knowing...Well I think that would really kill a soul with guilt. I know I couldn't live with myself if I did that to someone for "getting off" purposes.
College kids are not interested in lectures. Most will do what feels good, especially if you factor in drugs or alcohol. I saw it so many times when I was at college. My room mate was a little petite thing, butter wouldn't melt in her mouth but give her a few drinks or 'get her in the party mood' and she'd go after any guy or do anything.

I had to bodily throw some guy out of our house one night because she was drunk and begged me to get rid of the guy.

She let the guy on and I had to kick him out. The next day...well, let's say it was not pretty...

Old 08-31-2009, 12:30 PM

951 posts, read 1,811,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
I'm sorry but your post just sounds very desperate and sad. Instead of focusing on the "hook up culture" why don't you focus on the "graduation culture" and get yourself through college so you can get a decent job. Women like men with ambition, not men who try to relive lost imaginary years of drunken, wild, sex orgies.

Focus on your future, not your past.
His future is his past. Nothing those drunken freshwomen like better than circumventing the 4 year wait. He needs to sell them on how close he is to graduation - barely more than 18 months!

Besides, he's obviously avoided the high first year attrition rate too.

In my experience, there were a lot of squeeky box springs for guys in their final year of law and that was when campuses were 30% female. Now, with the sex ratios reversed, the competition for a male graduate must be fierce.

He's hardly too old to get into some of those, start of year parties, although they initially try to keep the more experienced guys at bay.

He should just consider himself lucky to be in college today. Scoring a wealthy scion or a budding professional from the A list was a sober process for women in decades past.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Obviously the OP feels that hooking up with sloppy drunk girls who are probably really loose and diseased is going to make him happy. So what?
The women on this site really don't appreciate the men on here. By and large, they are from the minority who don't appreciate how much fun this is.

The ones who do, would either never waste their time here or would quickly get kicked off!

Old 08-31-2009, 12:40 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,177,234 times
Quote:
There is no such thing as safe sex. Only safer sex.
True. Just as there is no such thing as safe driving, only safer driving.

But one can act reasonably when operating a motor vehicle, wear a seat belt, and still enjoy the pleasure and utility of getting the behind the wheel while knowing that the likelihood of an adverse event is quite low. When used properly (and they usually are) condoms are extremely effective in preventing most STD's. They aren't perfect; nothing is. But just as the small risk of an adverse event usually does not keep people from driving a car, so does the small risk of an STD not prevent lots and lots of reasonable people from engaging in consensual, protected sex.

People are not best served by histrionics or misleading information that suggest that sexual behavior is riskier than it truly is.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango
Hey, OP: Why are you so hell bent on hooking up with as many easy chicks as you can possibly can? Is it simply because of the sex? Is it because you want to stroke your ego by scoring with multitudes of girls?

Some of the main reasons people only hook-up rather than have actual relationships is because

a.) they don't have the time that a healthy relationship requires yet they still want sex and physical intimacy

b.) they have commitment issues

c.) they feel like it goes hand-in-hand with college/they feel like it's the only available option

d.) the ego boost of succeeding with many, many people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Good post
There is probably not too much wrong with much of this as long as one takes precautions and doesn't make a life of this approach. After all, young people are being told to delay marriage until age 28 or even longer.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:48 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,581,432 times
Centurian,

Let me remind you about STD's:

If you get it you may be infected for the rest of your days on earth or it can also be life threatening as well as you get to take drugs that'll set you back some $$$ every single day for potentially the rest of your life plus the discomfort of some of those diseases.

I don't care how much protection you may use, it's not STD / infection proof.

OH YEA......You may also have a unplanned child(ren), are you ready for that potential?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships