Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2009, 03:18 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Science has determined that the human male brain is not finished growing and maturing until approximately age 25.
So you'd be okay with casual sex after the age of 25?

Quote:
Just because a young man is old enough at 18 to join the Marines, or old enough at 21 to buy a beer doesn't mean he's going to always make wise, mature decisions.
Anyone can make improvident decisions in any area of life. If we trust our 20-year-olds' ability to make good decisions enough to let them handle bombs and machine guns, then it makes sense we should trust them to handle their own bodies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Trust me, as a very sexual woman myself I have NO interest in "denying the vallidity of women's desires"
I have no doubt that you won't deny validity to your OWN desires -- but you are clearly denying validity to the desires of women whose idea of a good time is different from yours.

Quote:
You are muddying the waters and we are getting off topic. The topic is college hookups.
That's BS, but if this is your honest opinion, I suggest you report me to the moderator.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:20 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,099,465 times
Quote:
Science has determined that the human male brain is not finished growing and maturing until approximately age 25.

Just because a young man is old enough at 18 to join the Marines, or old enough at 21 to buy a beer doesn't mean he's going to always make wise, mature decisions.
That can be said about a man at any age.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoslade223 View Post
That can be said about a man at any age.
Indeed. The logical inference to be drawn from those words is that a man over the age of 25 (or 30, or 40, or whatever) is always going to make wise and mature decisions.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:25 PM

985 posts, read 2,600,893 times
Quote:

And just because he's older than 25 doesn't mean he's going to make the right decisions either. There are a whole bunch of other factors besides age that play a part in decision making.

The same science also says the female brain matures anywhere from 18-22, does it not? I guess a lot of those hook up girls know what they are doing after all.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:38 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,054 times
So you want to be a college jock. Ask Killer2021 he'll be sure to help you.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:46 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,118 times
well i missed out on the whole hook-up culture too since i went to a commuter school, ppl. just go to class then go home =( when i look back i do kinda regret not having stayed on campus somewhere out of state.

that said, i'm pretty sure that your views are a bit skewed. unlike what you might see on MTV or other channels, college isn't some place where everyone is constantly hooking up with everyone else. sure there are ppl. who do get around, but they are a small minority, just as such ppl. are a minority in the general population.

meeting ppl. after you get out college is definitely harder, but you shouldn't take that to mean that you cant enjoy meaningless, NSA sex after that. as someone else already pointed out, ppl. continue to "hook-up" well after college too, so dont sweat it too much, there will be plenty of opportunities, especially if you live in a big city. you're still young, too.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:56 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,771,788 times
Good for you, honey! If I were your age, I'd be first in line!

But just to lay a few ground rules.... Be sure you are really buff. Nobody wants a flabby troll. And be sure the girls you're hooking up with are real....not crack-hos being used by meth dealers who want to get potential customers hooked on their product.

In terms of avoiding disease, beyond the things health professionals tell you about raincoats, etc... Be sure never to boink strange girls when you are drinking, when you are tired, and certainly not while you are doing drugs. Your immune system is compromised at those times.

I've been told that you should stay away from sugar, too, as that is an immunosuppressant, as are sunburn and heat stress. It's a good idea to have your antioxidant level really high. I know a gay guy who was active during the early years of AIDS, but who was also megadosing C, because he couldn't afford to be sick during his lawschool years. Anyway, he credits the C with making his system toxic to the virus.

Someone at your college should be able to give you a Skin Carotenoid test, which will give you a good idea of your antioxidant level. You should be close to the top, if you want to stay healthy with all those partners.

But hell, kid........GO FOR IT!

Old 09-03-2009, 04:00 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,265 times
College hook-up scenes are overrated. I went to 3 different colleges. And at each one there was a little "in-crowd" that had hedonistic wild parties. But if you weren't "cool enough" you're out of it. Even back when I was like 19 or 20 I felt like I was too mature for those lame parties.

Just wait until you're out of college, travel the world, go to Vegas, go to dance clubs. Have sex with the cashier at the grocery store, the girl you meet at the coffe shop, the lonely housewive next door, etc.

The world is your oyster. Forget that lame college scene. You'll probably just end up chasing it and never getting it, if you are not a part of it already.

You either naturally fall into it. Or you're not in it. No point in trying to force it.

Old 09-03-2009, 04:21 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,771,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
College hook-up scenes are overrated. I went to 3 different colleges. And at each one there was a little "in-crowd" that had hedonistic wild parties. But if you weren't "cool enough" you're out of it. Even back when I was like 19 or 20 I felt like I was too mature for those lame parties.

Just wait until you're out of college, travel the world, go to Vegas, go to dance clubs. Have sex with the cashier at the grocery store, the girl you meet at the coffe shop, the lonely housewive next door, etc.

The world is your oyster. Forget that lame college scene. You'll probably just end up chasing it and never getting it, if you are not a part of it already.

You either naturally fall into it. Or you're not in it. No point in trying to force it.
Excellent advice. Smart bear! You know, I've always felt that the college
'scene' was a lot like that famous Gertrude Stein quote: "When you get there, there's no there there."

College kids aren't cooler or more sophisticated. They just look better, because their bodies are brand-new, and their hormone levels are at 100%. And even that isn't so true, anymore. With bodybuilding, men are looking their best between 25 and 45.

But the college hookup scene boils down to how good you look. If you have a fabulous body, you'll have a great time. Otherwise, you'll just be one of the many standing on the outside looking in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships