Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 10:42 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie3 View Post
So, what happened? How come you two are still not together?

I like the story, even if it doesn't end well.
No, sorry to say...it does not have a happy ending, but I can say that we still talk alot. We share a child, and we get along great!
I think what happened in the end of this fairy tale..is that we wanted this child soooo badly. We got him, finally! We fought the devil and back to get him, after years of frustration!
We poured our heart and soul into him, and then one day, we realized, that we left our marriage behind. We didn`t know how to separate being great parents, and maintaining a good marriage. It went one sided somehow, and we let it happen. We couldn`t get it back.
But...I`m so thankful that he was there for me. He taught me to grow up. He taught me, so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
So, what happened? How come you two are still not together?

I like the story, even if it doesn't end well.
BTW. How did you know that it did not end well? I never said anything before.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:28 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,440,764 times
I just had a feeling, since it didn't end with "...and 20 years later, we are still together!" or anything like that. And I'm sorry that it turned out the way it did, but at least you can get along since you have a child together, that's better than a lot of people (myself included) can say.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:47 PM

Yeah....we have a really weird relationship...even today. I try to keep it business like since I am now remarried, but I honestly don`t think anything could come between "our relationship" what was......and what we shared.
We shared 14 years together.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:57 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
My parents celebrated their 63rd anniversary this year. They got married after my dad came back from WWII. They wrote back and forth while he was in Europe. It's just the little things they do for each other. In the past year both of them have been in the hospital for about a week. The other spent every night in the room with them. They would go home during the day to check on things (Mama said she wanted to make sure the burglars didn't carry the house off during the night). My mother's birthday is very close to Christmas. Kind of makes celebrating hard to do. Daddy gives her a "half birthday" party in June. A dinner with "half" a dozen friends, he would send her a "half" dozen roses at work before she retired. The guests stuck with the half theme with the gifts. She got one boot (got the other on her birthday), one glove, and somebody even gave her half a bra! When they were both working (both retired on the same day) he would leave for work before she got up. He didn't want her to get up when he did. Said he was a big boy and knew how to fix his lunch. Their breakfast each morning was a half grapefruit. Daddy would cut the grapefruit and put her half back in the fridge with the plastic lid from a coffee can over it to keep it from drying out. On Saturdays Mama would get breakfast in bed.
The only time I think Mama actually didn't like a gift he got her was one year for her half birthday, she said she would like a small dining room table to replace the rickety one we had. He bought her a small dining room table...doll house size! He told her she didn't say how small!
I always hoped to have a long and happy marriage like theirs but I'm on marriage #3 now. The statement that the third time is the charm is most definitely true. But, for both of us to make it to our 63rd anniversary, she'll have to live to 114 and I'll be the youngster at 108! lol

Old 09-06-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
My parents celebrated their 63rd anniversary this year. They got married after my dad came back from WWII. They wrote back and forth while he was in Europe. It's just the little things they do for each other. In the past year both of them have been in the hospital for about a week. The other spent every night in the room with them. They would go home during the day to check on things (Mama said she wanted to make sure the burglars didn't carry the house off during the night). My mother's birthday is very close to Christmas. Kind of makes celebrating hard to do. Daddy gives her a "half birthday" party in June. A dinner with "half" a dozen friends, he would send her a "half" dozen roses at work before she retired. The guests stuck with the half theme with the gifts. She got one boot (got the other on her birthday), one glove, and somebody even gave her half a bra! When they were both working (both retired on the same day) he would leave for work before she got up. He didn't want her to get up when he did. Said he was a big boy and knew how to fix his lunch. Their breakfast each morning was a half grapefruit. Daddy would cut the grapefruit and put her half back in the fridge with the plastic lid from a coffee can over it to keep it from drying out. On Saturdays Mama would get breakfast in bed.
The only time I think Mama actually didn't like a gift he got her was one year for her half birthday, she said she would like a small dining room table to replace the rickety one we had. He bought her a small dining room table...doll house size! He told her she didn't say how small!
I always hoped to have a long and happy marriage like theirs but I'm on marriage #3 now. The statement that the third time is the charm is most definitely true. But, for both of us to make it to our 63rd anniversary, she'll have to live to 114 and I'll be the youngster at 108! lol

Old 09-06-2009, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post

He grows me up, which I needed desperatly.
We should definetly make a federal case out of this statement.
It is pretty funny. "He grows me up." I LMAO when I read this back, and someone was nice enough to point it out to me. Thanks!!

Old 09-07-2009, 05:39 PM

182 posts, read 647,291 times
I met my husband doing a play. He was a soldier and I was working in the costuming department. I thought he was a nice guy, but we didn't really hit it off. However, a couple semesters later I had a college class with his sister. We really hit it off and started hanging out all the time. His sister kept trying and trying to get us together, but we both missed all her hints After about a year finally figured it out for ourselves.

We've been married nearly 2 years now and are still very much newlyweds. And he always teases me that I can't resist a man in uniform

Old 09-07-2009, 05:45 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Quote:
Does anyone here have a really great love story to tell? I am sincerely asking. So many of us are having such a hard time finding someone we really connect with, it would be great to hear a real love story, even though I know it doesn't happen the way it does in the movies. It can be your story (you don't even have to still be together!), or the story of someone you know.

Anyone?
It doesn't? Where do you think so many of the storylines come from? Truth often is stranger than fiction. I have one of those love stories. It's not quite finished yet. We're not sure how it's going to end or if it's going to go anywhere when we're done writing it but it's now being written. It does happen sometimes--like the movies.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:00 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindblownHair View Post
I met my husband doing a play. He was a soldier and I was working in the costuming department. I thought he was a nice guy, but we didn't really hit it off. However, a couple semesters later I had a college class with his sister. We really hit it off and started hanging out all the time. His sister kept trying and trying to get us together, but we both missed all her hints After about a year finally figured it out for ourselves.

We've been married nearly 2 years now and are still very much newlyweds. And he always teases me that I can't resist a man in uniform
Nice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships