Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 01:53 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

Aw, come on, what has happened to romance. No wonder people dont want to date anymore.
I know! I think it's really sweet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 01:57 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,237,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I love it when a guy cooks for me and it's GOOD. I also enjoy a person who has at least a little knowledge of fine wines. I don't think it means you are gay at all , more like cultured.
I can cook fairly well, but it just depends on what it is. I can cook Italian, Indian, and Thai food decently, and that's about it. Don't ask me to do dessert, b/c I stink when it comes to cakes & such.

Yes, knowing a little about wine selections doesn't make you an effeminate *****, actually chicks dig it.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:00 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
I like it when people are talking about whatever they are cooking, when they are cooking. But maybe that is just a personal interest of mine. The wine chat would matter as I think its just fun and they all taste a bit different as long as its not coming from a box...LOL

If they decanted box wine I think I would cry for them. Unless they did it in a funny sort of way mocking snobbery.

I think it is nice when any guy makes the planning and presentation of a date. Its really lame to be the only one that ever does that or anything else like this.(cook & etc)

Steaks and buds would kill it for me. I am not a dude. If it were steaks at least it should be a decent whiskey.

And the dish should be some sort of challenge. No schoolboy cooks or lazy man dishes. Thats not much fun either.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:06 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
OK - but in your experience, none of the fellas you dated ever did this for you AND impressed you in the process? Do you then say you expect men to know how to cook, and if he doesn't, does that diminish him as far as you're concerned?
I am impressed by anyone who is a great cook, man or woman. But no one gets points for cooking solely based on breaking some stupid, archaic gender stereotype.

And yes, if a guy couldn't cook, it would diminish him as far as I'm concerned. Just as it would if he didn't know how to drive or tie his shoelaces. These are things all grown people should know how to do.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:13 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,328,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I am impressed by anyone who is a great cook, man or woman. But no one gets points for cooking solely based on breaking some stupid, archaic gender stereotype.

And yes, if a guy couldn't cook, it would diminish him as far as I'm concerned. Just as it would if he didn't know how to drive or tie his shoelaces. These are things all grown people should know how to do.
You equate cooking an elaborate meal with tying one's shoelaces?

As it is.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
You equate cooking an elaborate meal with tying one's shoelaces?

As it is.
Lol...no. Not an elaborate meal. I mean that if someone can't prepare simple, edible, and delicious food as a matter of course, it's kind of a turn-off for me.

An elaborate meal...well, anyone who prepares me that is TOPS in my book!

Old 09-14-2009, 02:16 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor_McCheese View Post
Men who drink wine are called gay.
And men who are quick to call other men gay are insecure or probably gay themselves.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:19 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,328,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Lol...no. Not an elaborate meal. I mean that if someone can't prepare simple, edible, and delicious food as a matter of course, it's kind of a turn-off for me.

An elaborate meal...well, anyone who prepares me that is TOPS in my book!
Ah, now we're talking... so what's elaborate for you?

Old 09-14-2009, 02:23 PM

Multiple courses requiring a knowledge of various cooking and spicing techniques. Something that requires timing and precision to get all parts of the meal served with all the food at the correct temperatures at the correct times. All made from scratch, of course. Kinda like Thanksgiving.

But those kinds of meals can be stressful for the cook, and sometimes you miss out on the fun, laughter, and each other's company...if someone is racing back and forth to and from the kitchen.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:26 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
I love to cook. Family meals or dinner for two its all good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships