Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 04:33 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,437,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Someone here mentioned her sister was a "closet psycho." I wonder what meeting a psycho in person is like (I'm not joking).

And as for changing... It's so sad that men and women put up such a lovely face when dating, etc, and only reveal their real selves after the wedding. I feel for those who were trusting and were deceived.

I fully agree with the person who said... it's not safe to trust too easily. I've cut off some friendships and weakened others because I saw they were not worthy of my trust. Better a few friends whom I know I can trust rather than many whom I can't.

Same here. There's just some people out there waiting to suck you dry of all your peace and patience. Its better to have a few select friends, than a whole bunch of backstabbers mooching off of you all the time that when you are no longer any use to them, they will kick you when your down, or try to bring you down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 04:40 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,437,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
your very fortunate...my mother was so very naieve...and trusting...and we adopted that from her...I mean to tell you, for a long time, I couldn't adjust to the work place, meaning, people being mean and back stabbing, b/c well quite simply she didn't warn us that it existed....I don't believe she believed it existed. As odd as it may seem, she was very child like as far as innocence, so much so, that we all had to really adjust out there in the real world..and to tell you the truth, I'm so glad we did...I could tell you stories about how people took advantage of her, and she never realized...so, consider yourself very lucky, cuz we kids were in for a rude awakening. For example, when I heard about people doing bad things to each other, like running around on one another, I'd be shocked...hurt, took, it very personal...we grew up in a very small town which was extremely religious...every Wed. afternoon, all the stores closed down for church....people who grew up there, especially during my mother's generation were very sheltered....
Sounds like your Mom was a lot like my Mom before she got married. She also lived in a very sheltered town and didn't know there could be people who were envious and hurtful. She would help anybody who asked her and never missed being somebody's maid of honor at anybody's wedding who asked her. She had many friends and never thought of backstabbing or even telling on any if they did wrong. She is and was a very loyal person which is why I completely trust her.

I wish there was more loyal people like your mom and mine, but I also wish that the hurtful people never would meet them.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:31 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,903,771 times
Ever heard the saying, "beware the rath of a woman scorned"? Well it applied to men as well.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:13 AM

28,922 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
After my brother cheated on his wife, and the subsequent divorce, my sis-n-law (who I thought was a great gal) ended up going out and mirroring the same behaviors that my brother (her ex) had been guilty of and which caused the split in the first place! The very stuff she was sooo unhappy with and condemning about.

Now, like him, she frequents bars after work, and stays out late oftentimes leaving the kids alone, or with one of her family members . She's drinking and partying and bringing people home. I feel sorry for my niece and nephew, but what can ya do? Needless to say, they are not well-behaved (social problems) and are having academic troubles. Absolutely tragic-IMO.
Hi there, I'm so so sorry this is happening, is there a chance you could talk to her or get her into counseling...maybe tell her that the state could come in and take the kids from her....I realize the experience she had was despairing and tragic, but if she continues this behavior, her life will be more then tragic, if they take those kids, or the kids will end up having problems the rest of their lives due to her choices. No, it was not her choice that her husband ran around, but getting revenge as she is doing, is certainly effecting so many other lives....she needs help....fast...and I sincerely hope you get her into some kind of theropy...b/c she's going to need it....

Hugs
Creme

Old 09-29-2009, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Sounds like your Mom was a lot like my Mom before she got married. She also lived in a very sheltered town and didn't know there could be people who were envious and hurtful. She would help anybody who asked her and never missed being somebody's maid of honor at anybody's wedding who asked her. She had many friends and never thought of backstabbing or even telling on any if they did wrong. She is and was a very loyal person which is why I completely trust her.

I wish there was more loyal people like your mom and mine, but I also wish that the hurtful people never would meet them.
yes, I know what you mean....my mom never ever locked her doors, she'd tell stories about how the homeless (they called them tramps then) would jump off the trains and knock on her back door for food. So, she'd make them lunch, give them a glass of milk and they'd sit on her back porch and eat, then leave. I mean to tell you, that small town of ours was a very trusting town...and to tell you the truth...I wish more people would revert to those times...when people cared so much about one another, when we trusted one another and were there for each other. I cannot tell you the money my parents gave away to needy families....they were my foster parents...my real mom went to the hospital for surgery, they went to the local grocery store and gave the store money so my mom and me could have groceries for 6 weeks and paid my mom's rent until she could get back to work and they remained ananoymous...I found out later in life, and that is only one case....they were awesome people...but, the sad part is, all of us kids, left home for the real world and it was some what of a rude awakening....I still am rather shocked when people are nasty to each other...but a lot more used to it....and I know you understand...innocence is an incredible state of mind, as long as no one comes along and trys to take advantage of that innocence.
You should have seen the birthday cards she'd get...and the friends she had...like your mom, everyone loved her.

Big hugs
Creme

Old 09-29-2009, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
So you are saying that its okay in some instances for people to show their true selves in a divorce?
No I am not, but you made a comment about this couple and I wanted to say, that I don't believe Hulk has been easy to live with either....

What I'm saying is, divorce should be fair, and it shouldn't be nasty, especially if there are kids involved..but, that would be a perfect world, wouldn't it?

Such a shame that couples go through such an ugly process...and are ugly to each other....it really isn't necessary....

Old 09-29-2009, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
Ever heard the saying, "beware the rath of a woman scorned"? Well it applied to men as well.
LOL, yup, I'm sure it does....

Old 09-29-2009, 06:31 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,903,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
What I'm saying is, divorce should be fair, and it shouldn't be nasty, especially if there are kids involved..but, that would be a perfect world, wouldn't it?
I agree, but the problems usually arise out of greed and selfishness. If the both parties were so "nice" and "unselfish", chances are they wouldn't be getting divorced.

Trying to have a civil conversation with with my ex sometimes is like pulling teeth, because he is simply too busy assuming I am attacking his character or ability to be a good father. Everything I say stems from my concern about being able to support the kids, taking care of their emotional needs, etc..it really has nothing to do with his character (although I don't care for that either). I even try to be very polite usually, because he does tend to take things as my being hostile.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:49 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,404,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
It actually goes both ways because I feel sooooo bad for Hulk Hogan with his crazy wife. He worked so hard for all those years only to have to deal with a stupid wife who did all those bad things to him. He couldnt live in the house he worked for. The kid his cheating low life wife was cheating with was living in his home, driving his car, hanging out on his boat. She is the epitome of horrible person who surfaces during divorce.
Off topic, but I thought they split because he was messin' around with Brooke's friend? (I don't know much about their drama)

Old 09-29-2009, 07:57 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,404,454 times
I looked at the way my husband handled his first divorce and I was impressed. It said a lot about him, but his divorce wasn't the result of cheating or anything along those lines.

I gave my husband fair warning when we were in the early stages of dating. I told him that if I ever caught my husband cheating on me (I didn't know he'd eventually become my husband ), I'd take him for everything he's got. He didn't run, instead he put a ring on my finger. Go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships