Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2010, 07:05 PM

20,726 posts, read 19,367,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Nope, you're incorrect. Mango Tango has it right. The pick up artist game is about numbers...they teach these guys that if they don't "score" the first time, they keep working the room till eventually they find someone who will tolerate their garbage. They are not at all interested in the individual woman, they are just hoping to score, and statistically speaking if they keep doing it over and over again, perhaps they will find a woman -- uh, I should say girl -- that will fall for this abuse. I was recently at a party and we were listening to a guy talk about "what he learned" from a pick up artist "teacher" -- we were all laughing behind his back until he finally became intolerable and we all just walked away from him. Guess how often he "scored" at the party, uh zero times. These guys don't know a THING about women -- they just want to get laid, or at least get noticed by a woman -- any woman -- so they can keep their "numbers" up. Totally disgusting.

Hi MagnoliaThunder,

I don't deny that those PUA games exist but it is not exclusively about that. All they are doing is mining the data of evolutionary psychology and moving along the hierarchy of need. PUA is only exploiting that. I am sure I could find some of this being applied to LTRs. In other words they did not invent the female profile they target.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:57 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galactic_hombre View Post
I spent my 20s working on my career. Then, a long-term relationship failed. Then, I started losing my hair. Before I knew it, I acquired the label older single. Well, the dating pool is abysmal--consisting of an abundance of women with children, etc. The Sex in the City women don't exist in my world. I'd like to know how the older single men are seducing young, hot women in their 20s.
I dunno, amigo. For some reason younger women have always been attracted to me. sometimes embarrasingly so. I'm 46, but since I stay in pretty good shape I can pass for 40 pretty easy. The woman I've been dating for almost a year now is 27 and is also a personal trainer. (But I'm not gonna say she's a knockout cuz that would sound like bragging.)
Ooops.....

Old 01-02-2010, 08:04 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
I dunno, amigo. For some reason younger women have always been attracted to me. sometimes embarrasingly so. I'm 46, but since I stay in pretty good shape I can pass for 40 pretty easy. The woman I've been dating for almost a year now is 27 and is also a personal trainer. (But I'm not gonna say she's a knockout cuz that would sound like bragging.)
Ooops.....
There we go! If you're a Fire Monkey you can't be 46!

1908*1920*1932*1944*1956*1968*1980*1992*2004

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_(zodiac)

Old 01-02-2010, 09:09 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Only stupid women can fall victim to pick up artists.
You guys have got a lot to learn. If someone wants to get laid, more power to them. If someone wants to find a girlfriend, more power to them as well. What people seem to miss is that if the man or woman of your dreams walks into the room and you're not prepared with the skills to talk to them, and have the experience to back them up, then your odds of being successful are quite low. Pickup artists are just guys striving to be good at dating & relationships. Some use it to get laid, others don't. All want the ability to control the outcome as best they can. This does NOT mean they manipulate women or toy with their emotions. You know what they do? They learn to be fun, outgoing, and cultivate their personality and lifestyles. This isn't rocket science here. Dating coaching/PUA is all about self-improvement, not manipulation. Anyone that thinks as much is grossly misinformed and/or prejudicial.

Why "game" works (http://www.attractionexplained.com/tutorials/tutorial-1/ - broken link)

3 Qualities are all you need, as explained in this video.

1. Confidence
2. Abundance
3. Ability to sexually escalate

The catch is getting those 3 qualities. That's where the instruction and practice comes into play. There are a lot of awkward guys out there. Some are easily misguided by the loads of (mis)information that's available. While there are some good instructors out there, this guy I can vouch for. He's normal and his advice is healthy and socially acceptable (assuming you have an open mind).

Last edited by Nutz76; 01-02-2010 at 09:30 PM..

Old 01-02-2010, 09:12 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,583,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
You guys have got a lot to learn. If someone wants to get laid, more power to them. If someone wants to find a girlfriend, more power to them as well. What people seem to miss is that if the man or woman of your dreams walks into the room and you're not prepared with the skills to talk to them, and have the experience to back them up, then your odds of being successful are quite low. Pickup artists are just guys striving to be good at dating & relationships. Some use it to get laid, others don't. All want the ability to control the outcome as best they can. This does NOT mean they manipulate women or toy with their emotions. You know what they do? They learn to be fun, outgoing, and cultivate their personality and lifestyles. This isn't rocket science here. Dating coaching/PUA is all about self-improvement, not manipulation. Anyone that thinks as much is grossly misinformed and/or prejudicial.
That's all fine and good as long as they are themselves and not an act.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Hi Nutz76,

Nah, I know too much already. I am talking about the ones looking for hooking up which should be obvious if you read the rest of my comments. Not having sex for the first 3 months will stump most of the cads. Nothing stops them more than a woman who waits until marriage.

Quote:
Why "game" works (http://www.attractionexplained.com/tutorials/tutorial-1/ - broken link)

3 Qualities are all you need, as explained in this video.

1. Confidence
2. Abundance
3. Ability to sexually escalate

The catch is getting those 3 qualities. That's where the instruction and practice comes into play. There are a lot of awkward guys out there. Some are easily misguided by the loads of (mis)information that's available. While there are some good instructors out there, this guy I can vouch for. He's normal and his advice is healthy and socially acceptable (assuming you have an open mind).
It seems like common sense. As I said before I don't know why women don't want more men they find appealing and confident enough to approach them. Would they rather just circulate though some small minority? Though some girls are naive` and think men have it inborn to approach them without fear.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
That's all fine and good as long as they are themselves and not an act.

I think it works best for those who are initially shy but come out in their inner circle. Surely you have met many of these guys being the nerd lover that you are. They usually crap out in the early inning even though they are often more interesting people once they open up.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:54 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,940 times
I think it's the idea of a guy purposefully learning how to successfully bed girls that creeps me out. It's a little too Animal Planet for my tastes.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:59 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,506 times
Quote:
Hi Nutz76,

Nah, I know too much already. I am talking about the ones looking for hooking up which should be obvious if you read the rest of my comments. Not having sex for the first 3 months will stump most of the cads. Nothing stops them more than a woman who waits until marriage.
I've known plenty of women who think like that. I'll tell you right now that "game" works just as well on those such as yourself. After all, game is just replicating natural attraction, which isn't a choice. You may have strong convictions, but I guarantee you that a guy that's supremely attractive will blow right past them. All that logical thinking you're doing goes right out the window when the rubber meets the road. Case in point, I know guys that pulled virgins out of grocery stores after 25 minutes of meeting, virgins at the club, etc. Then there's girls who think like yourself who normally tell lesser men or fool themselves into thinking "they're better than that" or other classical notions. Yup, they all have sex with attractive men, and often in ridiculously short amounts of time. That's where that ability to sexually escalate comes into play. Most women have never met a man with that kind of skill, so saying you'll do xyz when you meet them is foolish at best.

Quote:
It seems like common sense. As I said before I don't know why women don't want more men they find appealing and confident enough to approach them. Would they rather just circulate though some small minority? Though some girls are naive` and think men have it inborn to approach them without fear.
Now that part we agree upon. Most men fear approaching by design. Part of it is being told all their lives growing up not to talk to strangers, part of it is fearing rejection, and part of it is evolutionary.

Quote:
I think it works best for those who are initially shy but come out in their inner circle. Surely you have met many of these guys being the nerd lover that you are. They usually crap out in the early inning even though they are often more interesting people once they open up.
That is a fair statement. Most of the guys I know who take this stuff seriously are just as you described.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:10 AM

725 posts, read 2,322,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Advice from a guy... you should look at yourself closely. There should be a multitude of women over 30 who are beating a path to your door and surely some have never been married or have kids. A great guy in his 30's and older is extremely hard to find.

There are plenty of young 20's girls (not women) who will hook up with you for the security, money and stable environment an older professional guy offers but it will probably be all about the money.

You might try dating a couple of young 22-23 yo ladies and see how much you have in common. Unless you like a lot of drama I don't think you'll have a lot in common with these young ones. I would think unless you are extremely immature it would be hard to communicate or have much in common.

You might get a trophy wife, but it won't be a 1st place win. JMO.

Added: If you're looking for just hot sex that's another story. You then are competing with a whole lot of horny good looking young guys. The best way then for an older man to bed young ones is to show your money and find the girls who will do you so they get extra benefits.
It's always about the moola, isn't it????????

When are these women going to realize they have the opportunity to make just as much money as the men, and don't need a dude to latch onto for security???????? I mean, this isn't the 1950's or 1960's anymore!

Any woman that's looking for money and security is bad news. Forget about it, no matter how hot-looking she is!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships