Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2010, 01:17 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
The psychology behind it is very true, but the purpose for which some of those PUA use it is what creeps me.

Of course people like confident, funny people! That goes without saying. There has to be better and deeper ways to uncover your inner charismatic though than buying into all these techniques and tricks. It just seems so mechanical and insincere.
Hi mango tango,

As one who is oft the pedestrian, when someone misuses an SUV, it terrifies me.
You may not be aware of the deductive frame work the geek male mind works in. The extemporaneous organ is likely a shriveled raisin or a wrung out and dessicated, jerked morsel. A faith must be adopted to overcome the aversion therapy of a stream of sneering, repulsed nubiles who sample another round of their disloyal lunch at the sight of geeky blundering.
Eventually the experience allows them to put weight on it, and a new man enters the market.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:33 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Sorry but I can't picture myself with an 18 yo girl. What would you find in common with someone that young? I am 32 and I can hardly date any woman who is younger than 35, imagine 18 years old! I guess, we would be having some deep conversations about her BFF and the Jonas Brothers,wow!
Me neither I don't really see that as much of an option for myself at that low of an age, but I don't rule it out.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:22 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,455,630 times
When I was 22 I dated guy who was almost 40. I usually date guys older than me because they usually know what they want and know how they are going to get it, they have life experience, they are respectful, and I can have good/interesting conversations with them. I have had a few older guys that have wanted to marry me. It wont be impossible for you to find younger women in their 20s who would be comfortable with your age and arent into getting hammered and partying all the time that have some goals in life.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:38 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
That guy actually seems pretty interesting and normal. the pick up artists that wear goofy props, prepare scripts and all that other crap make me roll my eyes. seems like the guy in the vid agrees with me on that.

but i guess it isnt a secret that if you roll into a club with tons of women more will be attracted to you. that seems to be the center of his method.
Welcome to the world of 21st century dating advice for men. The idea of pickup artists most people have in mind are of weirdos like Mystery, who I admit did make great strides in social dynamics through his observations. It's the guys who tried to emulate his sense of style that gave it all a bad name. They forget the guy is a true performer and is eccentric in his own ways, and their mimicry was just incongruent as hell. Usually guys new to this stuff go through some awkward stages, and there's not doubt guys can be awkward and uncalibrated when first learning the ropes. After a while, once they undergo the deep identity level change, when the true self improvement takes place, that's when guys come out the other end of the pipeline with skill, experience, congruence, and are generally just all around better men.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:45 PM

622 posts, read 1,279,970 times
Well Im 32. And I feel like this time is the dating prime of my life. I get hit on by women from 18 to 50.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:51 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galactic_hombre View Post
I spent my 20s working on my career. Then, a long-term relationship failed. Then, I started losing my hair. Before I knew it, I acquired the label older single. Well, the dating pool is abysmal--consisting of an abundance of women with children, etc. The Sex in the City women don't exist in my world. I'd like to know how the older single men are seducing young, hot women in their 20s.

Make more money.

Top 10 Keys to seducing hot your women

1. Money
2. Money
3. Money
4. Status
5. Being cocky, rude and confident
6. Money
7. Money
8. Status
9. Money
10. Physical appearance

Old 01-04-2010, 02:01 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galactic_hombre View Post
I spent my 20s working on my career. Then, a long-term relationship failed. Then, I started losing my hair. Before I knew it, I acquired the label older single. Well, the dating pool is abysmal--consisting of an abundance of women with children, etc. The Sex in the City women don't exist in my world. I'd like to know how the older single men are seducing young, hot women in their 20s.
I'm bald, I have no dating woes and turn 40 soon.

1) Get a make-over. Wardrobe, hair etc.
2) Get in shape, exercise etc.
3) Get out and make friends, mingle, join clubs etc.

Lastly, you seem to want to be dating 20-something hotties. Buddy, this is a recipe for disaster and you know it. What's wrong with an attractive gal 30-35 that followed the same carreer\relationship track as you? They are definitely out there.

Based on your comments, you sound like you aren't ready for a relationship and if you can handle it should just date around. (Realize that you may run into gals that play you for cash in that situation.)

Old 01-04-2010, 02:12 PM

622 posts, read 1,279,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
Make more money.

1. Money
2. Money
3. Money
4. Status
6. Money
7. Money
8. Status
9. Money
10. Physical appearance

AMEN

Old 01-04-2010, 03:53 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
Make more money.

1. Money
2. Money
3. Money
4. Status
6. Money
7. Money
8. Status
9. Money
10. Physical appearance
Hi dubyanumberone,

I would say nonsense, but it is true of my women which is quite the expensive harem. I just keep peeling off them Ben Franklins.

However it is not true of most other women. They just don't want to live in abject poverty giving birth to your twins in the mud.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:02 PM

3,059 posts, read 8,284,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, as long as that career panned out, the young trophy women will come looking for you.

Otherwise most girls in their early 20s just say "eewww" when an older balding man approaches them trying to hook up.

Or find some young woman looking for a green card if you don't have a very fat wallet.
It's true. I've heard the "EWWWW!" a lot from my daughter (21) and her friends (20-26). They laugh about all the "old farts" that hit on them in the clubs. To quote her, "There may be the odd girl my age looking to date "grandpa", but from what I've seen it's the gold-diggers."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships