Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 03:57 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Wow. My wife and have been together for 20 years now. I still open the car door. My mother and sisters would kill me if I didn't. That is the one thing about being raised in the South. Manners and chivalry are an important part of who you are, and how you are raised.
Wow is right. I wasn't raised in the South but my Mama raised me up right and I still open doors, hold chairs, walk on the road side of the sidewalk, etc. for my wife and any other woman when appropriate. Thankfully it becomes habit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 05:50 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,802,427 times
New Years Eve - Bayfront Park in Miami - it was awesome.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:53 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,882,017 times
My best date will be my Honeymoon ! .. dunno whats it gonna be like ..but im sure it'll blow my mind ..whichever way that is lolz ;P

Old 01-12-2010, 06:06 AM

8,952 posts, read 20,376,989 times
My best date was when I took this lady to a rodeo. Boy did she look HOT in her cowboy hat, boots and jeans!! And, I felt 10 feet tall when I was in the arena and looked up in the stands and she was waving at me with a big smile. And, talkin about learning about pro-rodeo quick, this lady truely had "cowgirl" in her! AND, I ended up marrying her!!

Old 01-12-2010, 06:21 AM

440 posts, read 1,030,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Wow. My wife and have been together for 20 years now. I still open the car door. My mother and sisters would kill me if I didn't. That is the one thing about being raised in the South. Manners and chivalry are an important part of who you are, and how you are raised.
Awww you're a good man!

Whats funny is when I asked him if he always does that he said "My Mother and Grandmother would kill me if I didn't" Haha. He told me his Mom and Gma would stand at doors and wait for him to open them. I know its much different down south, but its hard to find up here. Whats more shocking is he's not from the south! lol

Old 01-12-2010, 06:28 AM

440 posts, read 1,030,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Wow is right. I wasn't raised in the South but my Mama raised me up right and I still open doors, hold chairs, walk on the road side of the sidewalk, etc. for my wife and any other woman when appropriate. Thankfully it becomes habit!
OH that reminds me! Another time we went out we were walking on the side walk and I was closest to the road, well that only lasted a min until he said he had to switch spots with me. I was again shocked the last guy who had said that to me was a close friend of mine when I was 14!!

I once asked my ex why he didnt walk on the side closest to the road and he said "your a big girl you'll be fine." Yea I'm not kidding!

Its little things like opening doors, pulling out chairs, walking on the side of the road, etc that mean the most.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:30 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,424,911 times
My favorite date was to a Jeff Dunham show. It was SO GREAT! I was a new Jeff Dunham fan, but my guy friend was a long-time fan. I heard JD was coming to the area and got us tickets. We even go to meet him after the show

Old 01-12-2010, 05:10 PM

302 posts, read 607,966 times
I hope that it will be all that & more for you, my friend. You deserve to have an amazing Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm24x7 View Post
My best date will be my Honeymoon ! .. dunno whats it gonna be like ..but im sure it'll blow my mind ..whichever way that is lolz ;P

Old 01-12-2010, 05:16 PM

302 posts, read 607,966 times
So, I have tried to think of what my favorite date has been and I have come to the conclusion that I'm still waiting for my favorite date

There are no dates worth remembering....

Would it have to be a romantic date OR can it be with friends???
Because I would imagine that my up & coming "The New 30" Birthday will be a date to remember for certain!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 11:15 PM

1,823 posts, read 1,882,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfish70 View Post
I hope that it will be all that & more for you, my friend. You deserve to have an amazing Honeymoon
Thank yooWoohoo ..cant wait .. the temperature is soaring already lolz ..im all excited ..counting days !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships