Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2010, 09:44 AM

550 posts, read 1,215,038 times

Advertisements

"Originally Posted by gwynedd1
Hi pirate_lafitte,

sophilee in this forum tried to dispense with the "games" and decided to be more friendly and said "hi" to a man at a supermarket. He relentlessly hounded her. Roses have thorns.

Beautiful women and movie stars need all manner of games to attenuate the attention. Animals behave in dances and rituals to see if a mate is suitable. Do you expect to just create human beings as conveniently as possible? Do you think it is not helpful to see if your mate works well under stress?

When a man complains of "games" it is because he does not want to go through the trouble of impressing her, and she should just pry her legs open for his pleasure. 9 months later her reward may be a 3 eyed idiot as her beloved spawn."

And what about the opposite? when your female friend is crying after a couple of weeks of meeting some stud who "had game", was such a cool bad boy and then ...oh what a surprise! she found him with another girlfriend of his, or her sister?!? oh geez that's rare...oh wait it's not!
Guess judging your partner after that "stressful situation" and "game" worked real well in all of those situations...

Old 03-29-2010, 10:23 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy89 View Post
Hi pirate_lafitte,

sophilee in this forum tried to dispense with the "games" and decided to be more friendly and said "hi" to a man at a supermarket. He relentlessly hounded her. Roses have thorns.

Beautiful women and movie stars need all manner of games to attenuate the attention. Animals behave in dances and rituals to see if a mate is suitable. Do you expect to just create human beings as conveniently as possible? Do you think it is not helpful to see if your mate works well under stress?

When a man complains of "games" it is because he does not want to go through the trouble of impressing her, and she should just pry her legs open for his pleasure. 9 months later her reward may be a 3 eyed idiot as her beloved spawn."

And what about the opposite? when your female friend is crying after a couple of weeks of meeting some stud who "had game", was such a cool bad boy and then ...oh what a surprise! she found him with another girlfriend of his, or her sister?!? oh geez that's rare...oh wait it's not!
Guess judging your partner after that "stressful situation" and "game" worked real well in all of those situations...

Hi Niceguy89,

What about them? That is a girl who failed to play the game. I am sure she was nice and reasonable with "no games" and failed to utilize tried and true mate selection technique.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:32 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I am not after sex. I also do not see the point of "impressing" a woman. If I can't be myself, then why pursue that particular woman when I can go else where?

Hi pirate_lafitte,

That seems to be the trend. Another trend I have noticed is that people are less impressed with the opposite sex.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:48 PM

951 posts, read 1,811,464 times
Hi pirate_lafitte,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy89 View Post

You are correct. Unfortunately as long as women value B.S.ers and call this confidence, they will continue to look for the pursuit at a sign that a man is appropriate.

What they seldom understand is that this attribute is directly related to his other superficial attributes and has no bearing on his long term suitability.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That sounds like something my grandmother would say.
The women who see this are generally over 60 but there are some who are younger. There was a major shift in women's perceptions of what made a good catch between 40 and 45 years ago.

I used to think it related to their experience but now I realize that younger women have been indoctrinated into thinking of potential mates as someone who makes their life better by what they have rather than who they are.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:58 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
The women who see this are generally over 60 but there are some who are younger. There was a major shift in women's perceptions of what made a good catch between 40 and 45 years ago.

I used to think it related to their experience but now I realize that younger women have been indoctrinated into thinking of potential mates as someone who makes their life better by what they have rather than who they are.
You've got it backwards. Back in the day women were much more likely to judge men by what they had, because middle class women had to look to men to support them and their potential family. Far fewer women today are looking at men to be solely a "good provider."

Old 03-29-2010, 01:01 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
To me, this is what confidence means to me on one level: The courage to be yourself, to pull no BS, to be real, to be who you are, and to own it too. That to me is part of what confidence. I feel like I have mastered that part. My view is this: Some people are not going to like the way I am, so if I have to hide myself to attract someone else, why I am going after said person? Said person isn't liking me for who I am, but rather, for what I am pretending to be. To me, the best way to impress a woman is to be yourself and still come out with some new surprises(that is how I would do it). No games, just plain old you and let yourself speak for itself.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You've got it backwards. Back in the day women were much more likely to judge men by what they had, because middle class women had to look to men to support them and their potential family. Far fewer women today are looking at men to be solely a "good provider."
It was easier then. Hard work paid off.

Now he must be hot, have confidence, provide her with status, be in touch with his inner emotional self AND be a good provider.

Sad thing is everything but hot can be faked but if you're not hot, no woman will believe you, even if you aren't faking it.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
To me, this is what confidence means to me on one level: The courage to be yourself, to pull no BS, to be real, to be who you are, and to own it too. That to me is part of what confidence. I feel like I have mastered that part. My view is this: Some people are not going to like the way I am, so if I have to hide myself to attract someone else, why I am going after said person? Said person isn't liking me for who I am, but rather, for what I am pretending to be. To me, the best way to impress a woman is to be yourself and still come out with some new surprises(that is how I would do it). No games, just plain old you and let yourself speak for itself.
There is real confidence and faux confidence that impresses many women.

A woman even called it "swagger" recently. Posters had fun with that.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:42 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
There is real confidence and faux confidence that impresses many women.

A woman even called it "swagger" recently. Posters had fun with that.
I don't like to pull of "faux" confidence. I feel like a fake doing it and it feels stupid. This is an example of "faux" confidence I have pulled off. I was in a club-like atmosphere. I walk towards a woman, and she doesn't seem to like me at all, I toss my head in the air like a snob. I did this once. I tried to cover up feeling sad or unwanted with snobbery and a "I'm better than you" mentality. It doesn't work, and in the end, it really doesn't feel like "ME". Me is kind of quiet, but kind of confident and honest.
For me, real confidence is the confidence to talk to a woman,to pursue a woman with honesty, with your own words
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships