Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2010, 01:11 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,428,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiama View Post
yes, I take zero initiative.b/c that's how the dating is supposed to be..guys chase...girls choose..

I never paid on the first three dates... it is HIS great pleasure to have me on a date...what I pay is my time..

I don't think any of the men here really have that much of a problem paying for a date. Wait, that's stupid I can't speak for all men.

I never have a problem paying for a date. Especially one I initiated. However the problem is bolded. Really, why would you even go along with a guy if you are just gracing him with your presence? Free meals??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 01:14 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,423,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
It's quite possible he doesn't see a reason to waste $100 on food--how many times a week can somebody do that? $100 is what I spend on TWO weeks of food to eat at home. And I don't get paid again for another two weeks, so I don't have "extra".
"60 or a 100, who cares" - my own words.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:16 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,423,648 times
Quote:
think the OP displayed some hypocrisy in her initial posts. Feigning outrage over him inviting her over on a fourth "date" to watch movies and her suspicion he was trying to get down her pants, but actually being outraged that he would do that without first taking her out and springing for dinner. So Sofiama, which is it...a moral or fiscal dilemma?
Believe it or not, I agree with this one.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:25 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,346,139 times
After reading all of these posts all I can say is WOW! The dating world has changed ALOT since my day! The OP clearly has a large chip on her shoulder and if she talks on her dates like she has on this forum...I can see why the guy doesn't want to invest anything worthwhile in her.

If my son brought home a girl like this, I would advise him to kick her a** to the curb along with her chip, tiara and "funky little" attitude!

Last edited by seeniorita; 01-25-2010 at 01:44 PM..

Old 01-25-2010, 01:32 PM

7,371 posts, read 16,070,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
After reading your original post and subsequent replies, you come across as kind of a p.i.t.a. No wonder you're single; keep up the self-centered, materialistic prudishness and you'll stay that way. Please do a favor for both of you and break it off with him asap.
How do you pronounce your name?

Old 01-25-2010, 01:34 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,118,084 times
I'm not reading all these pages but I do agree..what is up with dating?

It's okay to have sex with the guy if he buys you a meal? He has to spend, spend then you will figure you got paid?

I thought you have 2 people, they are attracted to each other, build a mutual relationship then progress to 'making love' or whatever you want to call it.

If you need to get payment (either by having sex or being bought a meal) then well, I have no sympathy for either of you.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:38 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,028,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
If my son brough home a girl like this, I would advise him to kick her a** to the curb along with her chip, tiara and "funky little" attitude!

I think I swooned a little.... Do they have an emoticon of a burly, hairy smiley falling over while little hearts flutter around him?

Old 01-25-2010, 01:45 PM

271 posts, read 787,975 times
When I first met my husband, he was a Private in the Army making $800/month. I never expected him to pay for everything, especially with a salary like that. Sometimes he would pay, sometimes I would pay, other times we would go half and half.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:46 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,346,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
I think I swooned a little.... Do they have an emoticon of a burly, hairy smiley falling over while little hearts flutter around him?
Ahhhh...swooning...another reminder of the "good ole" days of dating. Sorry Urban, no emoticon fits your wonderful description but thanks for the visual!

Old 01-25-2010, 01:46 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,198,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briannasmomma View Post
When I first met my husband, he was a Private in the Army making $800/month. I never expected him to pay for everything, especially with a salary like that. Sometimes he would pay, sometimes I would pay, other times we would go half and half.
Precisely. I like that attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships