Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2010, 02:10 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,051 times

Advertisements

Sorry, long reply, but the OP is simply an ornery child and she is giving women a bad name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiama View Post
1st date: coffee
2nd date: play pool
3rd date: his place with his friends for dinner
now he asked me to come over his place for a MOVIE? I feel a bit offended, do you think he wants to take advantage of me?

how should I answer him if I don't want to go to his place for a movie?
She claims to be concerned that after only 3 dates, he wants to take advantage of her in his home, so many suggested that she offer him an alternative.

[quote=sofiama;12589526]he hasn't taken me to a nice restaurant for dinner yet!!!
it is HIS great pleasure to have me on a date...what I pay is my time[/quote]
Here is the bottom line, she's not really concerned abouting him making the moves on her, he hasn't paid to play. Stupid man, should have just taken her to the nice restaurant on the first night, then she wouldn't be worried that he would take advantage of her.
Quote:
you are a man, then be a man! dont be cheap
Hear that Men, it's not about how you treat me, how much you like me and want to spend time with me - JUST MAKE SURE EVERYTHING YOU DO IS HIGHLY PRICED - THEN YOU'RE WORTHY
Quote:
I just like the feeling to be treated like a lady.... I guess I just can't have cheap dates
Act like a lady and maybe you will be treated like a lady
Quote:
yes, b/c guys who can not even afford a nice dinner are afraid of admitting their incapability of being financially dependable
I thought guys who couldn't afford nice dinners were guys who couldn't afford nice dinners - Next time stop wasting everybody's time and ask for a W2 and Tax Return

BTW, regarding all the feminist debate - My definition of feminism is that a women has the freedom to define herself and not be defined by a man - Therefore, if you want to be a more traditional woman with a traditional man, you are free to do so. I won't judge you but that doesn't mean all women feel exactly the same.

I personally never expected my husband to care for me so that I could stay at home. Again, I had the freedom to choose. I loved it when he romanced me and if he went out of his, financially or otherwise I loved it, but I didn't expect it. Likewise, he appreciated it if I did more than expected just because I valued him.

We also would have never gotten married if he wouldn't have waited for me to be intimate with him. I chose to do so when I felt it was right and not based on some arbitrary 4 date number. Men who picked this number out of a hat are not looking for a relationship, but a booty call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 02:11 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
Dear god, must every other thread on this forum turn into a massive monstrosity about gender roles and the battle of the sexes? This is enough to make me wish I was a jellyfish.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:15 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Dear god, must every other thread on this forum turn into a massive monstrosity about gender roles and the battle of the sexes? This is enough to make me wish I was a jellyfish.
Don't you know that almost every dating thread will ultimately turn into a "gold-digging thread"?

Old 01-25-2010, 02:16 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,341,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
What flavor?

Old 01-25-2010, 02:19 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
"60 or a 100, who cares" - my own words.
What about $20--is that enough?

Old 01-25-2010, 02:22 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Well, I say based on what she has been willing to contribute to the dating process so far, a bag of Oodles of Noodles will do and he will save $19.75!

Old 01-25-2010, 02:24 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Quote:
Just enough for a 12 pack, a box of condoms, and some duct tape...talk about a sure thing!

Old 01-25-2010, 02:25 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Depends. Are you dining at Denny's?

Old 01-25-2010, 02:32 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Just enough for a 12 pack, a box of condoms, and some duct tape...talk about a sure thing!

Old 01-25-2010, 02:33 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,691 times
Quote:
I once took a woman to a nice elegant Somali restaurant, and since I knew the owner quite well, he didn't charge me anything. I didn't know he'd do that prior to going there, but when I was about to pay he had already told his staff to tell me to keep my money. Good man he was. So basically, I paid £0 for that evening, but at least I took her out for a formal dinner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships