Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 05:27 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,119,212 times

Advertisements

Not that 8 pm is all that late, but for what it's worth:

Late Night Restaurants - Philadelphia | Urbanspoon

Perhaps all of TVSG's fans should pitch in and buy him an iPhone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 05:31 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,568,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
Not that 8 pm is all that late, but for what it's worth:

Late Night Restaurants - Philadelphia | Urbanspoon

Perhaps all of TVSG's fans should pitch in and buy him an iPhone.
The link to the Philly Late nite was a great idea, TVSG loves links..
Couldn't rep ya. Here's another...

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&cl...ed=0CBwQtQMwAA

Old 01-28-2010, 05:32 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

Paying for a cab...?! Have you not read this forum? Are you not familiar with the "generosity" of most male species?
Hey, we're all not cheap. A long time ago I was dumped by my girlfriend and I ended up giving her a car, because she was a single mother and I wanted to make sure she had wheels to get to work.

Granted, it was a very modest car, but still.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:41 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniperbleu View Post
I gotta ask, what neighborhood was this?? I haven't lived in Philly for several years, but can think of several places that would be open on a weeknight in Fairmount, Northern Liberties, Old City, Center City, and Avenue of the Arts. Not that I'm doubting you, it just might be a better idea to go somewhere with multiple options nearby so if Option A is closed you've got Options B-G down the street.
17th and Market Area

Old 01-28-2010, 05:43 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
Give the guy a break. He did follow through on the date.

Now she let the first bus go by so they could talk. She also called him when she got home. She stood out in the cold.

Ok, so it wasn't a great first date, but the bottom line is she paid attention to him. She must have liked something about him to do that. If a woman didn't like a guy, she would have bailed out immediately.

I don't know TVSG from a hole in the wall, but from reading his posts here, he seems to be not that bad a guy. He just over analyzes a bit too much and he needs some more confidence in himself as well as to know when to put that TV remote down.

Now I know another poster said they'd be trying other places to go, and thats fine, because that is the type they are. But what you have to realize is the company you're with. If they are really tired and just want to go home, you can't force them to stay outside.

Just how cold was it in Philly? We were in the 40's here, which is warm for this time of year.

Temp was in the low 30's

Old 01-28-2010, 05:58 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,568,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
17th and Market Area
Late Night Jam Sessions :: Events Search :: Agenda :: Philadelphia City Paper :: Philadelphia Events, Arts, Restaurants, Music, Movies, Jobs, Classifieds, Blogs (http://citypaper.net/agenda/event/1157_f_624_2010-02-19/Late+Night+Jam+Sessions - broken link)

Old 01-28-2010, 06:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Hey, we're all not cheap. A long time ago I was dumped by my girlfriend and I ended up giving her a car, because she was a single mother and I wanted to make sure she had wheels to get to work.

Granted, it was a very modest car, but still.
Well, I used the magic word "most," did I not?!

Btw, that IS sweet of you!

Old 01-28-2010, 06:05 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,332,396 times
Great job TVandSprortsGuy, so far I am impressed. U were considerate and appropriate. I think there is hope for u after all. Now don't ruin it.... Please.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:49 AM

3,301 posts, read 11,719,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
17th and Market Area
Oh ok. I can see if you walk the wrong way it can be hard. Just an fyi, if you ever want to meet her near school again it's not too far from Mission Grill or Public House (north). You could also just walk south on 17th/18th to get to Rittenhouse Square. A lot of the places there are pricier, but there are some pub-type places or just go to one of the others for coffee/dessert instead of a meal. There's also a good creperie on 17th & Sansom or something, but I don't think they're open too late (9:30 or so).

Just for future reference, good luck!

Old 01-29-2010, 06:58 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
All right, the weekend is upon you! You're taking her somewhere a little nicer this weekend, right? This is a great opportunity to call her and say, "I'm sorry we didn't have a chance to have dinner that night. Let me make it up to you." Then take her somewhere for dinner and be extra gentlemanly.

If you let too much time pass, her memory will just be about a cheap non-date who talked to her for half an hour in the snow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships