Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2010, 11:58 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,557,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthcomesout View Post
Brother, don't take advice from women, because they don't have heterosexual relationships with women.
This is laughable. So he should take advice from YOU? A man who says he hates women and whose only sexual dealings w/ women is w/ paid prostitutes?

Clearly you have no issues and are a great person to take advice from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 11:59 AM

272 posts, read 286,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
It surely wouldn't hurt.
I never said it wouldn't hurt. I just said that it isn't going to cause a woman to like him enough to be in an intimate relationship.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:00 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,388,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I am having a hard time with this I would like to find a nice woman to spend time with and let it grow into a relationship. But most women my age are looking for someone that is really successful and already has a good paying job. I'm not at that point yet it my life and I don't have a house so should I just concentrate on basic dating and not worry about a long term relationship? If I just say I'm looking to date will I get labeled as one of those guys that is a serial date or a commitmentphobe? I'm not poor or broke I've never married and I don't have any kids but like I said most women probably don't consider someone in my position as relationship material. I'm in my early 30's and I assume I at least deserve some type of interaction with the opposite sex.
To me, the definition of "not being relationship material" is a man, who doesn't want to be or doesn't like to be in a relationship, that's pretty much it. A man who just likes to screw around, date around, someone who is not very much reliable and doesn't hold on to his word.

You can be very successful in your career and still not be a relationship material.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:02 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,388,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Getting laid is as easy as taking candy off a child. It always boggles my mind when men say they find it hard to get laid. It's **** easy. I could get laid this weekend without breaking a sweat if I wanted. It's childsplay. And I'm only a decent looking fella, with a decent job and decent personality. There is absolutely nothing special about me at all.

Long term relationship is a different matter. You gotta put in some work into it, and weed out the bad women from the good women and shorten your options. Don't just ask out the first random Becky with big boobs. Be selective, very selective.

I don't claim to be some sort of relationship/dating guru, but honestly, most things dating/relationship related is common sense.
Dorrans,
No offense, but you are a nice looking man, therefore it's easy for you to get laid. You are also young.
There are plenty of men who have trouble getting laid.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:04 PM

550 posts, read 1,215,249 times
Well...seems alot of people here hang themselves up on economy... I currently don't have an income, and live on student loans (since I am a student) but it is likely will have a relatively good job within reasonable time after I get my college degree...

Would that cancel low-income women from the list?
Of course not...
Would I like a gold digger or a sugarmama?
Of course not!
I would like someone with whom I am comfortable with wether the situation is comic, intresting, boring or sad. How much she makes doesn't matter aslong as neither part becomes a parasite on the other.
Anything else would be to go back to the "class society" of the 18th century...

Old 01-31-2010, 12:07 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,193,424 times
Quote:
Getting laid is easy. No doubt about that. I got a few women on in my phone book that I could call. However none of them have jobs, and I do not have the money buy a woman and myself food. I am not talking about one dinner. These chicks need me to buy them breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They don't like the food that I cook, because I don't eat fried food, and I cook a lot of vegetables. I also use buckwheat.
Then you are doing it wrong. My brother had been ill with a man flu all week, and on Friday he decided he wanted some female company for the weekend. He got dressed, had a quick shave, and attended a birthday party at someone he knows, he pulled a bird and he spent the weekend at her house. She made him breakfast whilst they watched Soccer AM together. That took a little effort on his part. I done that before as well. And neither of us are super sexy looking. We are just average blokes with average looks and average personalities. And we are only 23 and 25 respectively.

To find a good woman and make a relationship work needs a lot of effort and time. But to get laid takes absolute zero effort. Unless of course you are a 7 on the attractiveness scale and you trying to bed a 10/10. That needs quite a bit of work. You need to know where you stand on the attractiveness scale. Everyone must know their place in the pecking order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Dorrans,
No offense, but you are a nice looking man, therefore it's easy for you to get laid. You are also young.
There are plenty of men who have trouble getting laid.
I'm nice looking perhaps. But plenty of men are nice looking as well. And age has little to do with it. Any half decent looking man with some social skills between the age of 18 and 40 can get laid easily if he plays his card right.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:07 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,376,871 times
Quote:
Getting laid is easy. No doubt about that. I got a few women on in my phone book that I could call.
Those must be the prostitutes you spoke of earlier.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:09 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,376,871 times
Quote:
However none of them have jobs, and I do not have the money buy a woman and myself food.
Well with what prostitutes charge it's not surprising.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
This is laughable. So he should take advice from YOU? A man who says he hates women and whose only sexual dealings w/ women is w/ paid prostitutes?

Clearly you have no issues and are a great person to take advice from.
He should take my advice, because I am being realistic. I am not spoon feeding him crap about "being an upbeat person is going solve his problems with women" or "he needs to work on himself". He could work on himself, earn $1,000,000+ a year, drive an Italian Sports car that cost $500,000, live in mansion, and lift weights until he looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger during his prime. Of course women would want to be with him... I mean his money and status.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Those must be the prostitutes you spoke of earlier.

No, prostitutes are cheaper and do a better job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships