Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2010, 11:33 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,628,860 times

Advertisements

When you really stop and think about it all of the individuals in society have never been presented with the details about any particular person and then voted on whether or not they are relationship material. This perception is only occurring in the mind of someone who has this attitude. Because people are so different from each other in terms of what they see as important qualities to have in a partner the only individuals who might generally be regarded by the overwhelming majority of the public as not being relationship material would be extreme cases such as someone in prison for a violent crime, someone who is severely mentally ill, or something of that nature. What's even more surprising is the fact that there are actually quite a few women who are fascinated by murderers in prison and have even married them. I doubt very much if the OP would fall into one of these extreme categories and the label of not being relationship material has been self imposed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 11:44 AM

8,895 posts, read 5,376,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthcomesout View Post
Most women don't care about that. If a pedophile is earning $250,000 a year, she would marry him. If a dude is a drug dealer who has 12 year old kids murdered for not getting permission to sell drugs on his neighborhood, she will still commit to him.

Women in general don't care about a man's attitude, morals, career goals, and etc. They only care about what a man can offer them financially.

On the other hand women will date a guy who doesn't make a lot of money so she can control him.
So if a woman wants a relationship with a man with money, she's a gold digger.

If she wants a relationship with a man without money, she's a control freak.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:45 AM

272 posts, read 286,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
And I disagree with you I think GypsySoul is right on with that statement. If you like life, you will appear more positive and that surely will attract someone of the opposite sex.

Are you more attracted to someone who is a grump or someone who is positive and upbeat?
Upbeat people attract friends. I can't disagree with that concept. However being an upbeat dude isn't going to get a dude laid, or a long term intimate relationship.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
So if a woman wants a relationship with a man with money, she's a gold digger.

If she wants a relationship with a man without money, she's a control freak.
That sums up, but there are women who do not fit those two criteria. They're too hard to find.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
I am just being honest. Women know that I am telling the truth.
No, I'm afraid I don't.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
That sums up, but there are women who do not fit those two criteria. They're too hard to find.
As it would seem that there is no pleasing you, I'd say that's correct.

Now stop having sex with someone you hate.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:51 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,193,424 times
Quote:
Upbeat people attract friends. I can't disagree with that concept. However being an upbeat dude isn't going to get a dude laid, or a long term intimate relationship.
Getting laid is as easy as taking candy off a child. It always boggles my mind when men say they find it hard to get laid. It's **** easy. I could get laid this weekend without breaking a sweat if I wanted. It's childsplay. And I'm only a decent looking fella, with a decent job and decent personality. There is absolutely nothing special about me at all.

Long term relationship is a different matter. You gotta put in some work into it, and weed out the bad women from the good women and shorten your options. Don't just ask out the first random Becky with big boobs. Be selective, very selective.

I don't claim to be some sort of relationship/dating guru, but honestly, most things dating/relationship related is common sense.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Not really. I like my life. I enjoy football, I play chess like a nerd and I have a dark skewed sense of humour. And the women I attract usually share the same interest and hobbies as me. The problem is if you are a pessimist then no one will like you - men and women. If I met a woman who just as pessimistic as you, I probably wouldn't want to see her again. It's unattractive.

Life ain't fair on any of us, we all got problems with one thing or another and we are allowed to be miserable bastards now & again, but as Eric Idle would say: "Always look on the bright side of life"

If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.
And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHhootD0_mQ

That's a great song. However looking on the bright side of life isn't going get a dude into an intimate relationship with a woman.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
That's a great song. However looking on the bright side of life isn't going get a dude into an intimate relationship with a woman.
It surely wouldn't hurt.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Getting laid is as easy as taking candy off a child. It always boggles my mind when men say they find it hard to get laid. It's **** easy. I could get laid this weekend without breaking a sweat if I wanted. It's childsplay. And I'm only a decent looking fella, with a decent job and decent personality. There is absolutely nothing special about me at all.

Long term relationship is a different matter. You gotta put in some work into it, and weed out the bad women from the good women and shorten your options. Don't just ask out the first random Becky with big boobs. Be selective, very selective.

I don't claim to be some sort of relationship/dating guru, but honestly, most things dating/relationship related is common sense.
Getting laid is easy. No doubt about that. I got a few women on in my phone book that I could call. However none of them have jobs, and I do not have the money buy a woman and myself food. I am not talking about one dinner. These chicks need me to buy them breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They don't like the food that I cook, because I don't eat fried food, and I cook a lot of vegetables. I also use buckwheat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships